• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

So many games to play!

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Hello all. I’ve not played any games since about December 2015, last one being the brilliant Stasis. Well I did play some of The Witness last year but it was ultimately too difficult for me and I put it on hold.  These games all interest me:

Deponia Doomsday

Silence Whispered World 2

Heavens Hope

Yesterday and Yesterday Origins

I’ve played all the Deponia games and love them, so definitely will be playing Doomsday.

Silence Whispered World 2 looks good. I loved Whispered World but I know this one is more serious without Sadwick. I really want to play it though.

Heaven’s Hope looks pretty good on the trailer, I want to play that too.

I love all Pendulo Games but missed Yesterday and now Yesterday Origins. So also want to play those.

So my question is, which of these is the most compelling that you would recommend I play first?

Also, anyone remember Lost Chronicles of Zerzura by Cranberry Productions? That was a great game with very classy non cartoony graphics. Of course, they also made the Black Mirror games and Mata Hari so not surprising it looks so nice. Does anyone know of any good recent games in that visual style?

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Roman5 - 24 January 2017 04:17 PM

Deponia Doomsday

dont expect that same Deponia exact playing style, but the same humor and silliness

Silence Whispered World 2
I loved Whispered World but I know this one is more serious without Sadwick. I really want to play it though.

also as the previous comment for Doomsday, but add the story-driven ‘bit’ style; its somewhere between ttg story-driven and the famous Dadalic old school.. yet its my fav of 2016.
but would be a great start after a while away from the genre

Heavens Hope,
Heaven’s Hope looks pretty good on the trailer

very old school… but not to start with if you stayed two years of the adventure games

Yesterday and Yesterday Origins

two different from each other, the 1st is much better.

Lost Chronicles of Zerzura by Cranberry Productions?

the easiest of Cranberry, worth to start with also of your provided list.

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Thanks advie. Yeah I played Lost Chronicles of Zerzura a couple of years ago, it was excellent. I was just wondering about anything else with similar animation and the painting style graphics.

I’ll take your advice and start with Silence Whispered World 2.

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

lucky you, after a long time away from adventure gaming one feel(s) very (re)fresh while at it, enjoy it to the max…

and tell me how Silence was, its a very controversial adventure. .. some even do not wanna consider it good, not to mention an adventure at the 1st place, as they consider it with no difference to ttg’s.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

2016 was not the best year for 3rd person adventure of the type you are looking for. I have played all those on your list and none of them I would describe as compelling. My favorites from last year were Kelvin and the Infamous Machine, Nelly Cootalot and Candle.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Samorost 3 is out last year. You should really play it if you haven’t. Smile

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Yeah, the Samarost games have been great so looking forward to playing Samarost 3.

Advie - 24 January 2017 07:34 PM

lucky you, after a long time away from adventure gaming one feel(s) very (re)fresh while at it, enjoy it to the max…

and tell me how Silence was, its a very controversial adventure. .. some even do not wanna consider it good, not to mention an adventure at the 1st place, as they consider it with no difference to ttg’s.

Well, I played and finished it. Basically, it’s short and sweet. Literally.

Spot and Renie are super sweet, and the game is over before you know it.

Puzzles are a bit too easy. One puzzle towards the end required some speed to get it done before you’re forced to redo it several times because of an obstacle. I didn’t mind that but for a point ‘n click adventure game I’d imagine many players not too happy with it.

I enjoyed it. It’s beautiful to look at and fun.  But it’s forgettable, fleeting and not a patch on Whispered World.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Pretty much. I’d never say silence was bad, but it wasnt what i would call a strong adventure game. I think daedalic probably spent too much time worrying about what would speak to the mainstream and the gameplay suffered. Nevertheless i’ll keep giving them the benefit of the doubt with new titles, because to me their success rate is very high.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-11-04

PM

Heaven’s Hope is really good! Smile I definitely recommend it

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

DrewClue - 08 February 2017 09:05 PM

Heaven’s Hope is really good! Smile I definitely recommend it

You were right! I bought it and started playing it on the 10th and finished it last night. Excellent game, good length, in the style I like with lots of inventory puzzles. I got stuck a few times but only resorted to a walkthrough once or twice. Silence was the hors d’oeuvres and Heaven’s Hope was the main course. I also highly recommend it Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top