• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04KeybordzLady KestrelTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Suda51’s The Silver Case

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Megaton

The PlayStation 4 version of The Silver Case will have two brand-new chapters that extend and complete the story of the game, and two brand-new tracks and 12 remixes by Akira Yamaoka, Erika Ito, and the Grasshopper Sound Team.

The two new chapters are titled “Yami” and “White Out Prologue.” Yami takes place several months after the last chapter and serves as a conclusion to the initial game, and White Out Prologue occurs afterward with a time leap, linking The Silver Case universe with Suda 51’s episodic sequel, The Silver Case: Ward 25.

Suda and the Placebo writer, Masahi Ooka, are doing new scenarios, and the artist is returning as well

At this rate we will get Ward25 too

Heart

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Interesting! Do we know if the extra chapters will be added to the PC version too?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Phlebas - 20 February 2017 05:32 AM

Interesting! Do we know if the extra chapters will be added to the PC version too?

Now word on that, but they should be able to do that i guess

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So neogaffer putup steam sales of number of japanese games
Many games did a good job esp Danganronpa

BUT

Silvercase sold 5000 , damn
Now around 7000
rekt

No hope in humanity

Frown

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

It’s 40% off at the moment - maybe that will help!

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

nomadsoul - 24 March 2017 06:52 AM

BUT

Now around 7000
rekt

No hope in humanity

Frown

Maybe humanity simply doesn’t want to get epilepsy,send me a still gui copy of the game ,then i’ll play.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabe - 24 March 2017 07:40 AM
nomadsoul - 24 March 2017 06:52 AM

BUT

Now around 7000
rekt

No hope in humanity

Frown

Maybe humanity simply doesn’t want to get epilepsy,send me a still gui copy of the game ,then i’ll play.

Well Doom 2016 is insanely fast and nauseous for many , made me dizzy some times too
And Rez sold more than 20k
Rez VR even
There is more crazy VR stuff and VR itself can be un healthy
Then Dronpa court battles minigame is as busy with words floating around and what not

That never factored in those games

Suda is cursed is far better reason, his games never sold well except Letitdie, thats probably because of Gungho p2win con

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

NIS America released new information about Suda 51’s The Silver Case, coming to PlayStation 4 on April 18 in North America and April 21 in Europe.

The publisher details the two brand new chapters that players will discover while playing through the game, Whiteout Prologue and YAMI.

Whiteout Prologue is a short chapter that shows events that happen years after The Silver Case. Evidently, this will bridge the gap between The Silver Case the its sequel, The Silver Case: Ward 25.

Additionally, Yami will be a longer chapter that takes place a few months after the last chapter, acting as a new conclusion. This occurs during the Placebo section, where players see the murder mystery investigation from the viewpoint of freelance journalist, Tokio Morishima.

Currently, the game is available of PC, however, these extra chapters are exclusive to the PlayStation 4 version.

He might continue the world and writing VNs

DS: Do you think, now that you’ve returned to one of your first works, that you’d like to return to other games you’ve created? Or would you just like to move on and create something new?

GS: The one the thing I’d like to do is remaster the sequel, 25 Ward. Beyond that I would like to continue to work on this world. I’m not sure if I’d like to do a direct sequel, but I want to continue the series. I feel capable to do this because in the process of remastering the game, I rediscovered the ability to write a visual novel.

DS: Did returning to something you created 17 years ago motivate you to continue to work as a game director?

While working on this game again, I felt like I was meeting myself from 17 years ago. In some ways I felt like that person was a separate person from me. I remember making the game and who I was at the time, but it still felt like it was made by a different person. I discovered things about this person that I have lost over the years, youth, anger, a drive to do all types of things. This created a desire to not lose to my younger self, I’m gonna still push on and make great things.

After this, I felt that Goichi Suda had been revived.

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

nomadsoul - 07 April 2017 05:27 AM

Currently, the game is available of PC, however, these extra chapters are exclusive to the PlayStation 4 version.

Boooo.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Phlebas - 07 April 2017 05:31 AM

Boooo.

Its a good move for people like us to double dip
But yeah never hurts to update PC ver, maybe it will involve extra costs
And steam sales aint motivating

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Phlebas - 07 April 2017 05:31 AM

Boooo.

That kind of pisses me off… I bought it for PC not long ago. Wouldn’t have bought it if I knew that would be the case

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Reviews are dropping in
Well more bad news for PC players

Exclusive to the PlayStation 4 version are two extra chapters that I refrain from going into detail with for fans who are planning on returning to the game after playing the PC version. What I will say: it must have been fun and exciting for the developers to go back and create these extra chapters. Both chapters feel very real and authentic to a game that released almost 20 years ago. I imagined what it would be like to play the game without these chapters and I could honestly feel like something is missing.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Heads up PC players

PSA: The Silver Case Glitch Makes New PS4 Chapters Inaccessible

The game is currently available on PC and PS4, with the latter receiving two extra epilogue chapters (even though one of them has “prologue” in the title). However, as of this writing, we have not been able to access those additional chapters even after finishing the rest of the game. Publisher NIS America has confirmed this is a known issue, and plans to release a patch to fix this issue “as soon as possible.”

These brief interludes will later come as DLC to owners of the Steam version, so PC players aren’t being left out in the cold.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_silver_case/b/playstation4/archive/2017/02/22/grasshopper-manufactures-first-game-finally-comes-to-ps4.aspx

PS4 players also wait for patch

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Thats some cheap but sexy edition

50$

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

PS4 patch out fixes new chapters issue

Whiteout and Yami are around 20 to 30 mins, shame for being so short
But it shows that Duo can still write in same fashion after all these years
and ending further ties in directly to FSR losspass islandCatherine

New tracks also retain same good essence
Awesome new track

And Akira Yamaoka’s remix versions are good too

Ward 25 cannot come sooner
And Suda showed interest to continue Silvercase saga, i hope he does…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top