• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Henk61

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Favorite TV shows

Poll: Most Overhyped
Total Votes: 42
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Mad Men

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2017-02-01

PM

has anyone ever seen northern exposure?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TP Advertising kicking off

Damn cast is straight up factory dolls now i.e botox x 100

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 23 March 2017 01:57 PM

Damn cast is straight up factory dolls now i.e botox x 100

It’s been almost 30 years. I’d say time has been kind on them, but obviously not in a natural way.

Although given Lynch, he could turn that into a plot point. Grin

As an aside, how stoked would everyone here be to read that article if it said “by J. Jensen” instead of “by Jeff Jensen”? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Babylon 5 is my favorite tv show, though I haven’t watched any shows for some time. A friend recommended Breaking Bad said it was the best show ever and I watched that, but it’s not as good. It’s not bad but probably wouldn’t even make my top 5 shows, to be honest. So if that’s the best modern tv has to offer I’m not missing much.

As for overrated… definitely Firefly. I don’t hate it, it’s just kinda ‘there’...

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

lomonerma33 - 12 April 2017 08:39 PM

One of by best and favourite TV shows it The X Files. Anyone of you like it too? Smile

I watched it avidly as a kid. Still rewatch my fav episodes from time to time.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Pinto = Bae

But Community hating Elba for casting her as lead in supposedly Black role

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i want to step in for recollections, can anyone recommend a serious similar series to True Detective first season, i heard Fargo is good also, i liked the movie no doubt, anything similar and as good? i myself think that True Detective S1 is the best thing i ever watched made for the small screen. thanks in advance.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

In my opinion Fargo S1 is better than True Detective. Different that the movie but also good. Haven’t watched S2.
Hannibal is also good, at least in the beginning but kind of lost at the end of the first season.
Narcos is excellent, but different since it’s a true story. Also Mr. Robot

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 08 May 2017 12:51 PM

In my opinion Fargo S1 is better than True Detective. Different that the movie but also good. Haven’t watched S2.
Hannibal is also good, at least in the beginning but kind of lost at the end of the first season.

i like the Narcos trailer looks up my alley, Hanibal, hmm i had enough of him already.

but man True Detective is a masterpiece, i might be crazy but i watched the whole series 4 times and i dont mind seeing it again.. the last episode the 8th i hate tho, stupid execution for the ending.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Advie - 08 May 2017 01:11 PM

i like the Narcos trailer looks up my alley, Hanibal, hmm i had enough of him already.

but man True Detective is a masterpiece, i might be crazy but i watched the whole series 4 times and i dont mind seeing it again.. the last episode the 8th i hate tho, stupid execution for the ending.

Ending was great. Wut u talking bout?

Anyway, The Leftovers is a pretty solid show. Season 1 is great. Season 2 is even better. Season 3 so far surpasses even that.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Last eps were indeed bad, when it was first aired, all of net had crazy theories about killer and cult, going in cosmic horror and shit, but the writer plagiarized comic book instead

And yes i have gone through some eps more than 20 times, maybe 30 times
ep2,3,4,6 etc

If you are looking for murder mysteries

Bridge/Bron both Nordic and US one

If you want some quality family drama

Bloodlines
and
Bates motel

I think you will like Bridge US alot

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 08 May 2017 04:16 PM

but the writer plagiarized comic book instead

What comic book?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Origami - 08 May 2017 03:57 PM

Ending was great. Wut u talking bout?

the killer and his affair with his sister like half of the last ep time was irrelevant for a new character even if he is the plot himself, i see it miss shot, i already got the idea of how fucked up he but these scenes didnt add up, and while Rust is hunting him down Carcosa, the killer is calling out lines “come here little preist” where off proportion, thier sound has nuthing to do with the caved place they are in, and i am talking out an experince as once a sound engineer, plus Rust wasnt hearing these lines at all, mcconaughey wasnt knowing anything about these line while this act was being shot, he didnt interact with them at all, nada, they were absolutely added after the ep was totally done, another miss shot
the last part at the hospital was awesome, thank God it ended good as how awesoe it was thru the seven eps.

Anyway, The Leftovers is a pretty solid show. Season 1 is great. Season 2 is even better. Season 3 so far surpasses even that.

what Leftovers? i am not following Frown

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul - 08 May 2017 04:16 PM

Last eps were indeed bad, when it was first aired, all of net had crazy theories about killer and cult, going in cosmic horror and shit, but the writer plagiarized comic book instead

And yes i have gone through some eps more than 20 times, maybe 30 times
ep2,3,4,6 etc
ot

Cooooool, deserves every time it was rewatched, awesome series.

If you are looking for murder mysteries

Bridge/Bron both Nordic and US one

If you want some quality family drama

Bloodlines
and
Bates motel

I think you will like Bridge US al

Bridge/Bron, yea i heared about i will do this one.

Bloodlines, Bates Motel, The Bridge, i will absolutely look into these too, Thanks a lot, Nomad   Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Did anyone watch Legion? First episode was fun but didn’t watch more yet.

Also forgot American Gods started, should be good

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top