• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

luckyloserTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A NEAR DAWN: Dark comedy thriller adventure < Play the Prologue! >

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

** We’re looking for Voice Actors and a Background Artist to help with the project - More details in this Recruitment Thread [LINK]

Just dreaming out loud: TWITTERA NEAR DAWNPUT A SOCK IN IT!GHOSTS ARE GOOD HOSTS

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

This is how I do my research, apparently.  Smile

[REDDIT LINK]

Just dreaming out loud: TWITTERA NEAR DAWNPUT A SOCK IN IT!GHOSTS ARE GOOD HOSTS

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

I’m currently working on this kid’s character design
The important question is - Pokemon or SpongeBob reference?  Smile

Total Posts: 74

Joined 2017-01-13

PM

LeonDaydreamer - 28 January 2017 05:46 PM

I’m currently working on this kid’s character design
The important question is - Pokemon or SpongeBob reference?  Smile

Not to be rude, but how’s that an important question?  Tongue

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Bitano - 29 January 2017 05:27 AM

Not to be rude, but how’s that an important question?  :P

What could be more important?  :P
#firstworldproblems

I went with Pouchmon - The Pouch Master.
This is the final design for The Kid:

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I would have gone with the Sponges one. It’s more subtle.

The thing what makes these kind of references great is that you are never 100% you caught on to one. “Could it be? Naaah…..well maybe..”

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Origami - 02 February 2017 05:59 AM

I would have gone with the Sponges one. It’s more subtle.

The thing what makes these kind of references great is that you are never 100% you caught on to one. “Could it be? Naaah…..well maybe..”

I can’t say subtlety is one of my strong suits.  :)
But the kid mentions watching SpongeBob, so I figured his shirt could be something different.

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

We have a brand new website! It only took forever to put together…

With this finally done, I can jump back on the trailer.

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Without further ado, we are presenting the A Near Dawn trailer:

LINK: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWomKx5Uk6U]

Let us know what you think!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Too close a resemblance to Phoenix Wright, if you ask me. Especially if he’s a defense attorney as well…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

TimovieMan - 19 February 2017 05:23 AM

Too close a resemblance to Phoenix Wright, if you ask me. Especially if he’s a defense attorney as well…

Wow, his tie is red too!
I’m sure I was influenced for his suit, I love the Ace Attorney series, but I really haven’t looked at their designs in a couple of years.  Hopefully Capcom will forgive me?  :)  Of course, it’s not too late for him to change his outfit, either. Blue just felt right… maybe I’ll change his tie!

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I am not sure if you should change the outfit however. Because maybe you can make it work in a way that it becomes a nod to Phoenix Wright. But it is up to you whether you want that or not. Regardless…the color coordination is pretty typical for the stereotypical lawyer, so I don’t think it is that big of an issue.

Also…your shade of blue is lighter than that of Phoenix’s.

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Origami - 20 February 2017 05:21 PM

I am not sure if you should change the outfit however. Because maybe you can make it work in a way that it becomes a nod to Phoenix Wright. But it is up to you whether you want that or not. Regardless…the color coordination is pretty typical for the stereotypical lawyer, so I don’t think it is that big of an issue.

Also…your shade of blue is lighter than that of Phoenix’s.

Yeah, I will have to think about it. The suit will probably stay blue. The tie - really, I just went across every color variation and I liked this red the best for it. There’s no other reason his tie is red. :P

The story and characters are pretty distinctive, I wouldn’t really want someone superficially referring to Sam as a Phoenix Wright knockoff. Like I say, I’ll think about it. :)

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Work in progress snapshot of Sam getting ready for work (you might not want to think about that on a Saturday :P ).

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Here’s a nicer one :)
Our wonderful BG artist finished the background artwork for The Diner - where our story begins!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top