• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Telltale Games: Batman.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

This may be the best series they finished this year!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It seems the new Telltale modus operandi is to announce a release date and release it a day later… At least give some notice!

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

At least give some notice!

Wouldn’t that be nice!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ep5 was okay, better than GoT overall, not at TWAU level let alone TftB
overall 3.5/5
Onto Next Show

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Just got episode 5, everyone says it is OK at best, so if it is only fair I won’t be disappointed.

Heart

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Im playing through episode 2 right now. So far id say its comfortably above average for telltale. The gameplay exists (its still a little lite, but hey its there). And the production values are all good. I will say, as a batman fan, im actually a little tired of the re-telling of this same old stuff. Is it too much to ask to see fresh batman plots in a videogame instead of the same sort of villain-origins over and over and over. Oh well.. still i think this game is a step in the right direction for telltale.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

So far id say its comfortably above average for telltale.

I say that is about how I feel also, among recent releases.

Heart

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Well it’s not the worst adventure I’ve played from 2016, but possibly the most boring.

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Damned with faint praise.

An underused phrase.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar - 18 January 2017 09:22 PM

Well it’s not the worst adventure I’ve played from 2016, but possibly the most boring.

If you don’t like the Telltale formula this would not be the game to change your mind, if you like it in the end it’s a slighty above average in their library

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

It’s nothing to do with the formula. I liked TWAU. This was a boring story, with zero substance. Bad guy appears, good guy beats him. All the typical superhero cliches. Bland characters we’ve all seen before. And it ends on a cliffhanger.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar - 19 January 2017 08:41 AM

It’s nothing to do with the formula. I liked TWAU. This was a boring story, with zero substance. Bad guy appears, good guy beats him. All the typical superhero cliches. Bland characters we’ve all seen before. And it ends on a cliffhanger.

Fair enough, it’s constricted by the Batman comic universe so some things are a given, still think they managed to make some twists in the story and characters even if the last 2 episodes felt somewhat rushed and unresolved.
Wolf Among Us is better, no doubt about that. Fables comic is also better than 90% of the of Batman comics, it’s a more interesting world and characters.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The early episodes were more promising. I thought they could have left some shades of grey in Cobblepot’s motivations, which in episode 1 were somewhat political and not entirely evil, but the character turned out to be entirely black and white.

Maybe they did that because it’s hard to have much sympathy for a privileged do-gooder like Bruce Wayne or for whatever futile social change he hoped to achieve in Gotham.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 19 January 2017 08:47 AM

Wolf Among Us is better, no doubt about that. Fables comic is also better than 90% of the of Batman comics, it’s a more interesting world and characters.

This, same for Blands
How much you can play with stuff with DC executives watching over you and pandering to all batman fans

Binary , yes, thats Twoface
Selina angle was better than Arkham games, that says lot
Penguin is TV show shoe in
Good to have Bruce instead of Masked an for a change
As it stands , its a good motion comic for Fans, not gonna convince otherwise
Unlike Fables and Blands where many are not familiar with source material
I think GoG will be more better, they can go to places with that

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The early episodes were more promising.

YEP, SO TRUE. Not a masterpiece like Walking Dead, Season 1, but playable.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top