• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Oscar - 19 January 2017 03:30 AM

Oh very well. Umm let’s see.. maybe it’s time to finally try Blade Runner, and Al Emmo? I always thought I was missing a pun in that game’s title. A Lame-O? Could be. I don’t know. The others I’ve played.

Anyway, I’ll vote:
Al Emmo
Blade Runner

Oscar is making it fun:

Kathy Rain (6): chrissie (leader), Mikekelly, rtrooney, SoccerDude28, alcoatjez, Lady Kestrel
Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine (5): diego (leader), BitingWit, giom, rtrooney, Oscar
Blade Runner (3): giom, Noddy, Oscar
Hotel Dusk (2): Mikekelly (leader), SoccerDude28

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

TerminusEst - 19 January 2017 03:46 AM

Kathy Rain (6): chrissie (leader), Mikekelly, rtrooney, SoccerDude28, alcoatjez, Lady Kestrel
Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine (5): diego (leader), BitingWit, giom, rtrooney, Oscar

Guys and gals, you have 72 hrs to let us know which games you’d most like to play. So far, Kathy Rain is maintaining a tender one-vote lead over Al Emmo. A strong late showing by Blade Runner or Hotel Dusk can also put them in the lead. Anything can happen!

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Don’t know how many have yet to vote, but just thinking, Al Emmo has been on the voting list forever. This is Kathy Rain‘s first time on the ballot. While I will play either game, I am hoping for a sudden influx of Al Emmo voters. It’s time for the little guy.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2010-12-17

PM

I couldn’t help myself and started playing Kathy Rain. I was bored and loved the trailer…
I already finished it, so can I change my vote to Al Emmo?

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

I’m unclear on the rules / etiquette.  If you’ve recently played something so you won’t be actually playing the game again, but you’d be wanting to join in on the discussion, is it okay to vote for it?

Or are you only suppose to vote if you plan on playing along?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I don’t believe people should vote for a game they don’t intend to play. But people drop out of playthroughs all the time.

I also think it is appropriate to vote for a game you have played recently. If you enjoyed the game and wish to participate in a group discussion, that’s the only way to make that happen. (This might be the case with the individual who posted just prior to your post.)

But to answer your question, I don’t think there have ever been any hard and fast rules on the subject.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

rtrooney - 22 January 2017 12:30 PM

I also think it is appropriate to vote for a game you have played recently. If you enjoyed the game and wish to participate in a group discussion, that’s the only way to make that happen. (This might be the case with the individual who posted just prior to your post.)

I agree completely. You don’t have to be playing the game to be an active participant in the playthrough. Especially, if you think you might have something valuable to add to the discussion.

alcoatjez - 22 January 2017 09:32 AM

I couldn’t help myself and started playing Kathy Rain. I was bored and loved the trailer…
I already finished it, so can I change my vote to Al Emmo?

In light of the above, alcoatjez, would you participate in the discussion of Kathy Rain if it is voted in?

Until alcoatjez replies, here are the standings (NEW LEADER!):

Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine (6): diego (leader), BitingWit, giom, rtrooney, Oscar, alcoatjez
Kathy Rain (5): chrissie (leader), Mikekelly, rtrooney, SoccerDude28, Lady Kestrel

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2010-12-17

PM

TerminusEst - 22 January 2017 07:49 PM

In light of the above, alcoatjez, would you participate in the discussion of Kathy Rain if it is voted in?

Yes, I would. I liked the game a lot and perhaps I’ll even replay some parts to get the Steam achievements.

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

alcoatjez - 23 January 2017 03:53 PM
TerminusEst - 22 January 2017 07:49 PM

Yes, I would. I liked the game a lot and perhaps I’ll even replay some parts to get the Steam achievements.

Cool. So, with just over 24 hours to go, here is the current vote tally:

Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine (6): diego (leader), BitingWit, giom, rtrooney, Oscar, alcoatjez
Kathy Rain (6): chrissie (leader), Mikekelly, rtrooney, SoccerDude28, Lady Kestrel, alcoatjez

Kathy Rain and Al Emmo are tied for first. Any late entrants to the voting are sure to be decisive!

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Okay, since that’s been cleared up I’ll vote for Kathy Rain.  And Blade Runner, while I’m at it.

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

It’s midnight of the 24th GMT. So, I am here to declare the END OF VOTING and the winning game that will be the next community playthrough.

After thrilling last two days, Kathy Rain barely edged out Al Emmo by a single vote. And I am honestly very glad that there were no ties to be broken.

Kathy Rain (7): chrissie (leader), Mikekelly, rtrooney, SoccerDude28, Lady Kestrel, alcoatjez, Detective Mosely
Blade Runner (4): giom, Noddy, Oscar, Detective Mosely

chrissie, take it away!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I will need to get KR from GOG. Give me a day or three to make sure everything is working. I will be pressing hard for Anozira next time. Al Emmo has been waiting far too long for a playthrough.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TerminusEst - 24 January 2017 07:00 PM

I am honestly very glad that there were no ties to be broken

that is simply because someone did not apply here

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TerminusEst - 24 January 2017 07:00 PM

It’s midnight of the 24th GMT. So, I am here to declare the END OF VOTING and the winning game that will be the next community playthrough.

After thrilling last two days, Kathy Rain barely edged out Al Emmo by a single vote. And I am honestly very glad that there were no ties to be broken.

Thanks TerminusEst for taking on the unenviable task of hosting the voting!  Thumbs Up

rtrooney - 24 January 2017 10:18 PM

I will need to get KR from GOG. Give me a day or three to make sure everything is working.

No worries as I’ll bear that in mind when I start the thread for the Kathy Rain CPT tomorrow - meanwhile as well as GoG the game is also available on Steam for anyone wishing to buy it! (For windows & Mac)

NB There are other options & also the game is available to play on iOS & Android! I think the best thing I can do is to give you this link:
Kathy Rain

rtrooney - 24 January 2017 10:18 PM

I will be pressing hard for Anozira next time. Al Emmo has been waiting far too long for a playthrough.

For a short while I thought Al Emmo was going to win so risked life & limb to retrieve my old disc version from a very high shelf - it plays perfectly on Win 7 so as I’ve now dusted it off will cast a vote for it next time!    Smile

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I didn’t vote for Kathy Rain, well… I did not actually vote for any game, but I just looked this game, to see what it is about and how it is, and it looks great!, so I’m going to participate too. I’m ready for when you want to start.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top