• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 23 December 2016 06:52 PM

Wilco, why Ronaldo and Jose never went along?.. i ve heard that when they discussed (ManU) with him his come back he said he would never work under Jose again!!

My take is that big egos collided. Mourinho wants players to always do his bidding and work for the team and result, Ronaldo likes to do his own thing. That led to some clashes and falling out. That said if for some reason they would get together again in a team they would probably just work as nothing happened. I think Mourinho might have changed his way a bit after having the Chelsea locker room turn against him last season.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 23 December 2016 08:25 PM

Wilco, why Ronaldo and Jose never went along?.. i ve heard that when they discussed (ManU) with him his come back he said he would never work under Jose again!!

My take is that big egos collided. Mourinho wants players to always do his bidding and work for the team and result, Ronaldo likes to do his own thing. That led to some clashes and falling out. That said if for some reason they would get together again in a team they would probably just work as nothing happened. I think Mourinho might have changed his way a bit after having the Chelsea locker room turn against him last season.

i have a version of a similar story concerning Mourinho, an Egyptian player/Abdel-Sattar Sabry, i am not sure you would be aware of, he played for Benfica at early 2000, he was flourishing as a free midfielder, and when Mourinho came to the team/Benfica around that time they clashed as Mourinho wanted Sabry to play at the ‘wings’, so as Sabry was known for his free roaming skills he backed away joined another team and gotten back to Benfica when Mourinho left for Porto lol… btw Wikipedia is failing (as always) on documenting his history precisely.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 23 December 2016 09:39 PM

i have a version of a similar story concerning Mourinho, an Egyptian player/Abdel-Sattar Sabry, i am not sure you would be aware of, he played for Benfica at early 2000, he was flourishing as a free midfielder, and when Mourinho came to the team/Benfica around that time they clashed as Mourinho wanted Sabry to play at the ‘wings’, so as Sabry was known for his free roaming skills he backed away joined another team and gotten back to Benfica when Mourinho left for Porto lol… btw Wikipedia is failing (as always) on documenting his history precisely.

I remember Sabry but he played for the rival club… He clashed with Mourinho big time, this press conference is hilarious, don’t know if it’s possible to put subtitles in it or something but it’s basically Mourinho enumerating all the things he didn’t like about Sabry after he complained to the press and left.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 23 December 2016 10:05 PM
Advie - 23 December 2016 09:39 PM

I remember Sabry but he played for the rival club… He clashed with Mourinho big time, this press conference is hilarious, don’t know if it’s possible to put subtitles in it or something but it’s basically Mourinho enumerating all the things he didn’t like about Sabry after he complained to the press and left.

thanks for vid, i never thought anyone would do such tribute for him, tho some ppl have called him Izbio at a time Grin

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 23 December 2016 10:05 PM

this press conference is hilarious, don’t know if it’s possible to put subtitles in it or something but it’s basically Mourinho enumerating all the things he didn’t like about Sabry after he complained to the press and left.

He looks like Ronaldo lolol.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

rip Barca.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It was a tough match and Messi is playing alone at this point…
Real tied the record for most games without losing, kind of surprising, Zidane proving himself now. Although I think it will come to an end this week with 2 games at Sevilla

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Imo Zidane will prove himself once this streak ends.
Right now tactically he doesn’t do much. Real would have lost a couple of games if it weren’t for the fighting spirit of the players, winning them late goals.
Great people-manager, yes…but tactically not done much.

Sadly, the same can be said about Lucho lately.

Messi to score a freekick in three consecutive games helping Barca move to the next round. Really smart what he did there by aiming for the right side inside of left.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lol, Zidane did it, another game without losing

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 12 January 2017 05:10 PM

Truly unbelievable. But watch them lose next game against Sevilla.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 12 January 2017 07:35 PM
wilco - 12 January 2017 05:10 PM

Truly unbelievable. But watch them lose next game against Sevilla.

Very lucky to get away with this one, fun second half, Sevilla has a good team and coach. La Liga game will probably not be as open.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Really enjoyable game. I expected a victory over Las Palmas, but definitely not a walkover. Lucho fielded a team far from main XI but it all worked out. Great to see some players do well when they play with confidence. Vidal, Gomes, Arda, Rafinha performed really well.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Gomes playing, Barça winning.
Chelsea dominating Leicester without Costa. Great news considering him being an asshole about leaving to China or whatever.

And what is this?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38616935

Lol, Barcelona firing people because it might hurt “his highness” feelings?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 14 January 2017 02:13 PM

Lol, Barcelona firing people because it might hurt “his highness” feelings?

Not fired. Demoted. Even though he was right, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top