• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2017/2018 Sierra roulette playthrough

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 01 January 2017 09:32 PM

Ok, GK3 after the Manhunter series. And Phantasmagoria 2 after that to finish those series

if you havent played woodruff, i suggest rethinking those priorities

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

So, re: Manhunter, is it like police quest or Iceman where there’s a ridiculous focus on procedure, or is it more interesting/forgiving?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 01 January 2017 05:37 PM

thanks for the bubbles added over the photo we haven’t seen Roberta’s Nipples.

I think the bigger picture is that the couple is liberal enough, not being narrow minded and gave full to the project.
I mean they could have hired models and such , but no , lets shoot in our house and do it ourselves. Thats inspiring couple.

wilco - 01 January 2017 05:26 PM

Wait, the waiter is an actual waiter? Lol! always thought he was also from Sierra

So is there any Win/steam ver, how you are going to run it?
Let me know
I wanna try this game too, for you know educational purposes
Ken and Roberta being teachers Wink

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 01 January 2017 10:02 PM
wilco - 01 January 2017 09:32 PM

Ok, GK3 after the Manhunter series. And Phantasmagoria 2 after that to finish those series

if you havent played woodruff, i suggest rethinking those priorities

The order is going to be semi-random, son’t want to play all the best ones first. I’ll get to Woodruff (I hope…)

Antrax - 01 January 2017 11:57 PM

So, re: Manhunter, is it like police quest or Iceman where there’s a ridiculous focus on procedure, or is it more interesting/forgiving?

Never played Iceman and barely remember Police Quest, from what I’ve played from Manhunter so far there isn’t much focus on procedure. The adventure part is not very hard, just the arcade sequences.

nomadsoul - 02 January 2017 02:02 AM

So is there any Win/steam ver, how you are going to run it?
Let me know
I wanna try this game too, for you know educational purposes
Ken and Roberta being teachers Wink

We must play it for Science! Smile I have no idea how I’ll play it but I’ll tell you when I get to it

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Wait, the waiter ia an actual waiter? Lol! always thought he was also from Sierra

I recall reading an interview with Al Lowe, who said that the waiter got the job pretty much because he was gay and the only man around the hubbies were comfortable enough hanging around the ladies during the shoot.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

tomimt - 02 January 2017 05:22 AM

Wait, the waiter ia an actual waiter? Lol! always thought he was also from Sierra

I recall reading an interview with Al Lowe, who said that the waiter got the job pretty much because he was gay and the only man around the hubbies were comfortable enough hanging around the ladies during the shoot.

Lol! It keeps getting better (but you have to wonder if that’s not just Al Lowe messing around…)

Found this big article about the game release and controversy surround it.

Total Posts: 82

Joined 2016-09-11

PM

Advie - 01 January 2017 06:50 PM
Supplementman - 01 January 2017 06:26 PM

Which are the stand outs for you?

i ve made a list before which/where i was trying to *very objective, but if you ask about my standouts, it could easily be those 9 ags but with no particular order really.

Space Quest IV
Police Quest II
Woodruff and the Schnibble
King’s Quest IV
Conquests of the Longbow
Leisure Suit Larry III
The Dagger of Amon Ra
QfG: So You Want to Be a Hero
LSL7: Love for Sail!

Thanks for that, what did you think of KQ7.

Out of interest did you play them when they first came out or retrospectively?

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

deleted. nobody asked me anything.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished Manhunter: New York

It gets better as it goes along.
Day 3 is the best one, lots of investigation puzzles and it’s when the story the expected twist. Some gruesome images and not many annoying arcade sequences.

Day 4 is comprised has some of those but remembering that it’s possible to save in the middle on any sequence and it’s doable. Kind of surprised the last sequence involves bombing New York monuments.

And it ends on a cliffhanger, so on to San Francisco!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul - 02 January 2017 02:02 AM
Advie - 01 January 2017 05:37 PM

thanks for the bubbles added over the photo we haven’t seen Roberta’s Nipples.

I think the bigger picture is that the couple is liberal enough, not being narrow minded and gave full to the project.

of course they are gods.

Supplementman - 02 January 2017 07:01 AM

Thanks for that, what did you think of KQ7.

it has some great hotspots; some chapters are magnificent esp Not Chapter one! , but anywys the game has some ridiculous dead ends that can make one curse upon, not mention the heroes slow movement that with the must-always-done backtracking can get very boring esp near the end.. but generally i liked it, the graphics themselves were a break thru.. comes 3-4th of the best KQ(s)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 02 January 2017 05:51 PM

it has some great hotspots; some chapters are magnificent esp Not Chapter one! , but anywys the game has some ridiculous dead ends that can make one curse upon, not mention the heroes slow movement that with the must-always-done backtracking can get very boring esp near the end.. but generally i liked it, the graphics themselves were a break thru.. comes 3-4th of the best KQ(s)

Dead ends? What dead ends???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 03 January 2017 03:12 PM
Advie - 02 January 2017 05:51 PM

Dead ends? What dead ends???

i remember there are two versions of of KQ7, the 1.4 earlier had two practically parts were you have to start the chapters all over again, the version 2.0. which released 1998 omits those parts.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

wilco - 02 January 2017 03:22 AM

Never played Iceman and barely remember Police Quest

Oh man, that’s quite surprising, considering all those obscure games you’ve played. Generally, a lot of the early Sierra games look like “fuck you"s to the player, and Iceman is one of the worst of the bunch. I’ll be eagerly waiting for you to reach it (though there are several other games I’m interested in your opinion about, too).

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

There’s the Dr Brain series too. I loved Castle of Dr Brain as a kid. It’s more of an educational games with a bunch of puzzle but for completion sake… (plus it’s better than iceman)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Antrax - 04 January 2017 12:08 AM
wilco - 02 January 2017 03:22 AM

Never played Iceman and barely remember Police Quest

Oh man, that’s quite surprising, considering all those obscure games you’ve played. Generally, a lot of the early Sierra games look like “fuck you"s to the player, and Iceman is one of the worst of the bunch. I’ll be eagerly waiting for you to reach it (though there are several other games I’m interested in your opinion about, too).

I didn’t have the patience to play those games growing up, just couldn’t handle lack of mouse and multiple deaths/dead ends so I just ignored a lot of them.
Now it’s different and I’ve been meaning to play some for some time, so nothing like a new year resolution…

giom - 04 January 2017 05:31 AM

There’s the Dr Brain series too. I loved Castle of Dr Brain as a kid. It’s more of an educational games with a bunch of puzzle but for completion sake… (plus it’s better than iceman)

I think I played oen of them but though they were more about edutainment with not much story, but sure, I’ll add them.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top