• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A NEAR DAWN: Dark comedy thriller adventure < Play the Prologue! >

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

WEBSITE | TWITTER | ITCH.IO | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR

Download and play the Prologue on Windows/Mac/Linux/Android:
Itch.io / Steam / GooglePlay (Android)

YOUTUBE LINK:

Update #10: Mysteries & Science Fiction in A Near Dawn

I just gave a really in-depth interview to IndieGraze!

Our KickStarter wrapped at 76% ~ We didn’t quite reach our goal. It will be nice to take a little break and reflect on things. You can download the full Prologue for A Near Dawn FREE on Itch.io (Russian Version available, as well) / Steam / GooglePlay
(Android Version).

A Near Dawn is a visual adventure created by Leonid Pilchin. It is the first commercial project from Far-off Daydream Games.

A Near Dawn is an enjoyable yet devastating psychological thriller with amusing highs, gut-wrenching crashes, and mature themes. While grounded in reality, supernatural and science fiction elements will unfold as the story progresses. The opening sees our main character - Seattle-based attorney Sam Nichols - who seems to be experiencing disturbing psychological difficulties, exposed to progressively dire circumstances that threaten to unravel his reality and destroy those closest to him. Haunted by personal demons, with your law firm struggling and on the brink of collapse, you take the helm on an important new case involving a ruthless multinational corporation, defended by some of the vilest people you ever had the misfortune of knowing. The odds already seem stacked against you, but you will soon learn that things are not as they appear, as a deeper conspiracy begins to emerge. Where will you end up if you keep untangling the threads? You must be brave to uncover the truth.

This project is an interactive visual novel adventure featuring:

- Beautiful artwork and animations rendered in 1080p
- Immersive cinematics with some frame-by-frame animation
- Original music composed for the game
- Full voice audio provided by some very talented actors
- Puzzles to solve - the flow of this game is inspired by traditional adventure games
- Dynamic decisions that alter the course of your interactions with others - rewards or consequences for your actions
- Psychological tension - the main character has a darker personality who will come to the surface if you feed that darkness
- Multiple endings - there is one true ending, but your successes or failures can take you off course
- Episodic narrative - This is a full game, but it is part of an ambitious project with a far-reaching storyline

The plot will not progress without you, you are in control of the main character’s actions at every turn. You will explore your environment and speak to other characters to learn about what is happening and what must be done. A key concept of this game was to give as much freedom and put as much detail into the content of the story as could be managed, as such you will have the option to skip important elements of the game not necessary for advancing the main plot if your character chooses to ignore them or fails to explore them. At the same time, you will not be able to move forward without resolving issues necessary for advancing the story along.

The stage is set - Seattle, West Coast.

The neighborhood diner near your workplace.

Where could this be?

Some tough decisions to make…

* Writing - Leonid Pilchin
* Character Art & Animation - Leonid Pilchin
* Background Art & UI - Alexander Kaloyan
* Programming - Leonid Pilchin
* Music - Soundicate

1. What do you think about the concept, pacing and gameplay?
2. What are your impressions of the characters and story? Who is your favorite?
3. How do you like the art style?
4. Would you support us on KickStarter?  :)

Just dreaming out loud: TWITTERA NEAR DAWNPUT A SOCK IN IT!GHOSTS ARE GOOD HOSTS

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Story sounds interesting and I really like the art style.  I’d play it now if I could!

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Off the top…too many characters to support an undefined plot.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Detective Mosely - 06 December 2016 09:48 PM

Story sounds interesting and I really like the art style.  I’d play it now if I could!

Thanks Detective Mosely! I’m finalizing the script for the demo now.

rtrooney - 06 December 2016 10:17 PM

Off the top…too many characters to support an undefined plot.

Hey rtrooney. That’s a fair observation, some of the characters serve to flesh out the world and have less of a role in the central plot than others. You could call them ‘side quests’, or side interactions. I think every character has something to contribute to the experience, though. This game is actually planned as a series, and not all of the characters would warrant an appearance in a sequel (... which would have a bunch more characters!).

Just dreaming out loud: TWITTERA NEAR DAWNPUT A SOCK IN IT!GHOSTS ARE GOOD HOSTS

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Work in progress sketch for the A Near Dawn cover illustration.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Any title that’s a ‘Thriller’ + ‘Mystery’ + ‘Psychological’ is of interest to me & I like the look of the art + description of the game & characters!  Thumbs Up

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

chrissie - 14 December 2016 02:08 PM

Any title that’s a ‘Thriller’ + ‘Mystery’ + ‘Psychological’ is of interest to me & I like the look of the art + description of the game & characters!  :tup:

Thanks Chrissie!  :)
I hope to have the demo up in a couple of months.

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Look, coolness - I finished the cover art for A Near Dawn!
Let me know what you think.

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Animating Sam’s run cycle. It’s going pretty well, but so much further to go…

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Ink is finished on Sam’s run cycle! Now on to the paint, that will take a while…

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Finished animating Sam’s run for the opening.

Link to the video here:

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

This is how I amuse myself with my work in progress… :)

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Don’t you mean Until Dawn?

Owh…this is a game developed by you!
Sorry…

Edit: I like the artstyle in the first images better than the latest you posted.
Last one reminds me of a flash game.

Good luck on your project.

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Origami - 11 January 2017 08:44 PM

Don’t you mean Until Dawn?

Ooh, I didn’t know about Until Dawn… until just now. That looks cool and it’s got the Mr. Robot dude.

Origami - 11 January 2017 08:44 PM

Edit: I like the artstyle in the first images better than the latest you posted. Last one reminds me of a flash game. Good luck on your project.

Thanks Origami!
The last pic I just posted as a gag, I removed the character’s outlines.  :P

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Owh wow…I didn’t even read the text balloon, otherwise I would’ve understood the joke. Was fully focused on the art haha.

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Origami - 12 January 2017 01:53 PM

Owh wow…I didn’t even read the text balloon, otherwise I would’ve understood the joke. Was fully focused on the art haha.

This is what it’s supposed to look like!  :)
Another scene finished for A Near Dawn:

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top