• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Full Throttle remastered announced

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Why hasn’t there been any news on this yet? Not even a trailer.. They announced that it would be out in 2016, but we haven’t heard a thing about it since. Does anyone else know? I’m so psyched about it.

- Atle

Last Completed
Kelvin and the Infamous Machine ★★★

Currently Playing
The Night of the Rabbit 20% ★★★★★
Fran Bow 80% ★★★★
Batman: A Telltale Game Series 40% ★★★★★
Kelvin and the Infamous Machine 25% ★★★★

Next Up
Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse (40%) on hold
The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles
Runaway: A Twist of Fate 50% (on hold)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

jannar85 - 25 October 2016 09:25 AM

Why hasn’t there been any news on this yet? Not even a trailer.. They announced that it would be out in 2016, but we haven’t heard a thing about it since. Does anyone else know? I’m so psyched about it.

You can follow their FB page for updates, there is latest update

https://www.facebook.com/doublefineproductions/posts/10154585404007288

I am expecting a trailer at VGA or PSX this year.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 25 October 2016 10:02 AM

You can follow their FB page for updates, there is latest update

https://www.facebook.com/doublefineproductions/posts/10154585404007288

I am expecting a trailer at VGA or PSX this year.

I think that might be it
Trailer at PSX, release maybe in March.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

They announced that it would be out in 2016, but we haven’t heard a thing about it since.

When and where did they announce that? I thought that Double Fine was aiming to 2017 release all the time.

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2016-03-15

PM

Come on .. Full Throttle doesn’t need a remaster version, if they are going the same way as DOTT, in which they applied some antialising and recorded a new soundtrack (actually, the only good thing it had, was that they included the original voices with more quality).

I want to see a Fate of Atlantis remaster, that’s the game.

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

DefRussian - 26 October 2016 09:14 AM

Come on .. Full Throttle doesn’t need a remaster version, if they are going the same way as DOTT, in which they applied some antialising and recorded a new soundtrack (actually, the only good thing it had, was that they included the original voices with more quality).

The best things about remastering old games is that they work on modern systems and you can buy them easily from everywhere.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2016-03-15

PM

I don’t have that problem .. I still have my original game from 1995, just use DOSBOX if it doesn’t run, or install a VM. I won’t buy the same thing again for some antialiasing filter.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

DefRussian - 26 October 2016 09:14 AM

I’m with you, but I don’t see why Fate of Atlantis needs a remaster while FT doesn’t.

Zak McKracken, Maniac Mansion and perhaps Loom are all crying out for tasteful remakes.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

DefRussian - 26 October 2016 06:17 PM

. I won’t buy the same thing again for some antialiasing filter.

To be fair, they did a lot more to it than just apply an antialising filter on the graphics. You’re free to try any ScummVM filrter you want, but you won’t get any near close to the crispness of the remaster graphics of DOTT.

Joined 2016-03-15

PM

yeah I don’t know .. I didn’t really enjoy DOTT remaster as much as MI1 and MI2 remaster. Probably because of having voices for the first time.

They need to include more developers commentary, more extras .. justify the release. A Zak McKracken remaster would be very weird, I can’t imagine it. That game is full of mazes and travelling, it didn’t age well at all

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

DefRussian - 27 October 2016 05:41 PM

That game is full of mazes and travelling, it didn’t age well at all

That’s kind of the point of remaking it. If it were perfect, it wouldn’t need it.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

DefRussian - 27 October 2016 05:41 PM

A Zak McKracken remaster would be very weird, I can’t imagine it. That game is full of mazes and travelling, it didn’t age well at all

If they’d do Zak, it would become a remake rather than a remaster. The game design of it haw aged so poorly, that in order to make it a viable game for modern audiences, they’d have to redesign a lot of it from scratch instead of just making new high resolution graphics and following the old blue prints. And for that they’d probably have to write some addition material for it as well, if they’d be dropping off some mazes which did make a lot of gameplay time.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

For those like me who own a PS4 or a VITA, this game is a welcome purchase - it will be fun to play on the go on my PSVITA.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2016-03-15

PM

Mikekelly - 28 October 2016 12:37 PM

For those like me who own a PS4 or a VITA, this game is a welcome purchase - it will be fun to play on the go on my PSVITA.

That’s actually a really good reason. Handheld systems need more classic adventure games

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Remastered ver playable at PSX next month

Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top