• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 20 October 2016

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

In reality a lot of people don’t know what the Middle-Eastern is, but they just assume to know. This is also why I messed up on Turkey because I thought it was one of those general ignorance thingies(the same way everyone thinks people used to think the earth was flat back in the days but there is not a single old documentation to prove so lol)

I read an article on a respected website once that said something along the lines of:
“ In Japanese, the “-tan” suffix is an honorific, but it’s also the end of many Middle-Eastern countries’ names (get it?)“

I am sure a lot of people believe that, but truth of the matter is that there is not a single country ending in -tan that is middle-eastern. Maaaaaaaybe Afghanistan but even that one is not included in a lot of definitions.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 23 October 2016 03:30 AM
nomadsoul - 23 October 2016 12:25 AM

Disputed

(Student Encyclopedia (Ages 11 and up))
One of the great crossroads of ancient civilization is a broad peninsula that lies between the Black and Mediterranean seas. Called Asia Minor (Lesser Asia) by the Romans, the land is the Asian part of modern Turkey. It lies across the Aegean Sea to the east of Greece

Yes, and…?

I’ve known all my life what the Middle East is, but I’ll quote Wikipedia to convince you:
Traditionally included within the Middle East are Iran (Persia), Asia Minor, Mesopotamia, the Levant, the Arabian Peninsula, and Egypt

Did you check the map, majority of Turkey is non Euro but there is 5 to 10 percent Euro part, that is enough for Erdogan to push for Euro membership.
Just like your Holland is Netherlands and recent Brexit,pre WW1, postWW!, Prussia , Russia etc its a matter of one decision and you will have Turkey as official EU member.
Now there are people for it and making a case for it, others are making case against it, and calling it middle east or whatever. So middle ground , disputed.

As of May 2014, Turkey is in the process of joining the European Union and is not formally considered to be part of Europe from a political standpoint, but geographically, this nation straddles the border between Europe and Asia, lending ambiguity to Turkey’s continental identity. Istanbul, the nation’s largest city, is actually situated in both Europe and Asia

Also read this for who is for and against,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accession_of_Turkey_to_the_European_Union

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

nomadsoul - 23 October 2016 06:30 AM

Did you check the map, majority of Turkey is non Euro but there is 5 to 10 percent Euro part, that is enough for Erdogan to push for Euro membership.
Just like your Holland is Netherlands and recent Brexit,pre WW1, postWW!, Prussia , Russia etc its a matter of one decision and you will have Turkey as official EU member.
Now there are people for it and making a case for it, others are making case against it, and calling it middle east or whatever. So middle ground , disputed.

That has nothing whatsoever to do with the meaning of the words Middle East.
Nada. Zilch. Zero.

PS: And Turkey will not be a EU member. No way.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 22 October 2016 12:52 PM

Moreover i was not planning to post naked pics, just good looking women from different nations and place where everyone can post their national beauties, but lets say if its scantly clad babes, i dont see problem when you have archived threads of erotica AGs,
if you can go polygon and fmvs,then why cant this?
How come GQ pics or just simple pics can be more shallow than Larry,lula3D and Fahrenheit?

And yes i admire beauty of women and not ashamed a bit, and frankly hardly overthink building image online, people believe what they want to believe, credible or not.

I wasn’t even talking about such a thread specifically but rather about every other of your posts being about some female you find attractive, often even rating a game/film/series higher because it features an attractive scantily-clad actress/character. Makes you appear like a horny teenager, really. That’s what I meant with my previous post.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Keep it clean guys. Don’t want to have to ban anyone.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Origami - 23 October 2016 12:18 PM

Keep it clean guys. Don’t want to have to ban anyone.

Grin

I meant no disrespect. Just mentioning how it appears because I know he’s NOT one…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

What about those earthquakes? Pretty bizarre, huh?

Not what I was expecting but it’s a discussion. Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 23 October 2016 11:49 AM

I wasn’t .... Makes you appear like a horny teenager, really. That’s what I meant

Thanks though for being super judgemental and thesis on my character.

Grin

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 23 October 2016 02:55 PM

one never knows what is hiding behind those veils, it might cause an earthquake of its own

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 23 October 2016 05:37 PM
wilco - 23 October 2016 02:55 PM

one never knows what is hiding behind those veils, it might cause an earthquake of its own

If that picture was taken in Turkey is sums up the thread Foot in mouth

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2016-03-15

PM

I’m from a country where nobody cares about everything that was said here.

My question here, anyone did win this game ? Would you recommend it ? I’m looking for something to play this weekend.

Thanks !

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

DefRussian - 24 October 2016 04:35 PM

Thanks !

You sure about that? Wasn’t Turkey the no.1 destination for Russian tourists?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 24 October 2016 05:02 PM
DefRussian - 24 October 2016 04:35 PM

Thanks !

You sure about that? Wasn’t Turkey the no.1 destination for Russian tourists?

I dont know but Russian tourists blew my mind in Turkey.
Yes, i had party fun too.
And immediately after my visit last year, fighting, tension and wham!, tourism ban by Putin.
Antalya Hotels were lonely, approx. 4 million influx of Russian Tourists were gone.
Now i am glad , ban is lifted.
Back to fun for those who want it.

If you are russian, say hi to Putin , my fav leader.
Knock on the wood.

@wilco , about Earthquake
I dont know Turkish history with Earthquakes, but i wonder if the InfraRomanworld below the city can take it in Istanbul.

Remember when i got all excited on Dyinglight, talking about how good the level design was, mix of Morocco and Jerusalem, little did i know it was actual Turkish city, Harran it was based on.
Turkey is helluva rich.

Game

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2016-03-15

PM

Sorry, I’m Argentinian, the most pedantic people in the world. The nick is just the character I do on my YT channel

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

DefRussian - 24 October 2016 06:30 PM

Sorry, I’m Argentinian, the most pedantic people in the world. The nick is just the character I do on my YT channel

I checked your channel, chabon. Looks good. Good luck pibe.

(gratuitous usage of Argentinian slang I learned on my travels)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top