• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday 22 October 2016

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Agon: The Mysterious Codex

I played the first 3 Agon episodes, London Scene, Adventures in Lapland, and Pirates of Madagascar, separately as they came out and then again later when they were bundled as The Mysterious Codex.  The only difference between the two was the latter had more explanatory notes and letters that filled in some of the background story and further linked the episodes. 

The character we play is Samuel Hunt, a professor and scientist at the British Museum and an all-round nice guy.  After finding an artifact in one of the musuem’s storerooms, we start on a quest to find hidden board games from all over the world to bring back to the museum for display.  The scene above is from the train station in snowy Lapland, where Samuel begins his first quest. 

During play, we get to see Samuel in cut scenes, and sometimes his face is reflected in a window, which is a nice touch.  I found the puzzles fun and logical, although the sound puzzle in Madagascar was much easier to solve with headphones than without.  At the end of each episode, you have to play the board game you found before you can take it with you.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lady Kestrel - 22 October 2016 02:23 PM

I played the first 3 Agon episodes, London Scene, Adventures in Lapland, and Pirates of Madagascar, separately as they came out and then again later when they were bundled as The Mysterious Codex.  The only difference between the two was the latter had more explanatory notes and letters that filled in some of the background story and further linked the episodes.

I’m so sure that I played the 1st 3 games as they came out too but could only find The Mysterious Codex amongst my games - were they released separately in jewel cases? in which case I’ve got them stored somewhere else! (I don’t think I would have entertained the idea of a download at the time! Laughing)

I did like that although they were 1st person perspective games you did get to see the protagonist in various ways & I did enjoy the stories & managed to beat the puzzles which were interesting! I was sorry that the series wasn’t continued as I understood there was to be a few more to complete the game as a whole although each game was complete in itself?  Smile

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The separate episodes were downloads, at least for Macs, because I have them on back-up disks.  I think the 4th one, Lost Sword of Toledo, was offered as a commercial disk because it’s longer than the others.  Unfortunately, they never made a Mac version of it, which upset me.  Of course, it may be a moot point if they never finish the 12 planned episode.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top