• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Journey of Iesir help

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I have to do a limerick. He won’t help me with the math puzzle.  I need to fix the ladder. Can’t seem to find anything to fix that. I can’t move the rocks in the mine. I need to get that book for that school boy too.  When I let the butterfly go into the mansion yard, the guard looks away for a minute but I don’t know what he needs. I do have coffee on the bird feather but none of the posters will let me write on them. I know I will need to get on the roof through the hole, but, with not fixing the ladder I don’t know what else to do. the Bard won’t give me his hat either. I think I need that to put the voice control thing in there. So, you can see I keep going round and round and never get any farther!  Help please!

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2016-10-05

PM

Limerick puzzle:
It needs “woo” the girl, what does she like? You can see how she reacts the the limerick puzzle by observing her body language.

Ladder:
You need to find something to replace it, see if the guard outside the mansion has something that could help.

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

but the guard won’t give me his weapon.  When I let the butterfly go and he turns his back to me, I keep running the mouse over him hoping that I can pick up something but I am not able to. What do I need to do?

I never thought of looking at the girls body language when I was trying to make up a limerick. I will try that. Thanks.

Joined 2016-10-05

PM

First, make sure you have examined the ladder so Mikael know what he’s looking for.
If you did, have you asked the guard about it? Basically you need to make him feel unwell. Maybe his doctor can help?

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Man there’s so much of this I can’t remember right now!  But… apart from the hints already given…

When the guard by the gates of Big Dio’s mansion is distracted, that would be the perfect chance to grad the gourd of his health brew…

The girl in the pub is unusual.  Don’t try any typical romantic prose on her, she won’t like it!

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I finally got the limerick and gave the doctor the beer but I still can’t get the medical report. I know I need the weapon from the guard, but, when he turns away, there is no hotspot to steal his weapon so I can’ fix the ladder. I can’t move the rocks either. in my inventory I have money, coat, opened voice box, iron letters, espresso, inked feather and drainpipe. Help again please!

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

I’ve remembered a couple more things, hopefully they might help…

To get the truncheon to use as a ladder rung, you need to both get and edit the report (with the inked feather) and make the ex-Colonel (guard at the gates) feel strange.  When he’s distracted by the butterfly, use the Espresso in his “Aztec Brew”.

Sorry if this is too vague, I’m trying to drudge all of this out of my memory, hopefully Dan or another member of the team has a better memory (seriously, it wouldn’t be hard!) or someone else who’s playing the demo.

I think you may possibly have missed a dialogue with the guard, but I’m not completely sure.

I’ll be back if my creaking grey matter starts working again!

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Ooh… a hint request on the AGS forums reminded me of something else that might help you.

In dialogues with the Barkeep he will talk about the doctor going into “The Zone” - I can’t remember if this is when he has another beer, it probably is - he will start to mutter things describing the monster in his dreams.  Also, it’s not a picture, but a doll - remember those little dolls in the back room of Daniel’s shack?  He will make you a bespoke doll (it’s in a dialogue with him but easy to forget when you get into the rest of the game) - go back and ask Daniel, you choose the materials he makes it from which should be done to match the doctor’s description.  Daniel’s shack is the location where you start the game, talking to the big viking.

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

ah, Thanks for that hint. I have tried to pick up a doll in the back room many times, but couldn’t. maybe now that the conversation started and I gave him the beer already, I will be able to pick it up.

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

mbday630 - 06 October 2016 09:15 AM

ah, Thanks for that hint. I have tried to pick up a doll in the back room many times, but couldn’t. maybe now that the conversation started and I gave him the beer already, I will be able to pick it up.

That SHOULD work as far as I remember, let me know if it doesn’t, I might have forgotten a step.

Joined 2016-10-05

PM

Sorry if this is too vague

Vauge? That’s the solution! Thought we were giving hints here Smile

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Daniel Thomas - 06 October 2016 10:08 AM

Sorry if this is too vague

Vauge? That’s the solution! Thought we were giving hints here Smile

In that case I’m sorry I wasn’t vague enough!  Gasp

Guess I was just thrilled that I got my creaking memory to work a bit Grin

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

well, it is still too vague for me. I listened to the doctor and she had shiny slimy skin, green hair glowing eyes and her nose was normal - or nearly normal. I have tried every combination of that and can’t get a doll.  so, please be more specific!  I am getting very frustrated. but, I did get the bards hat. I didn’t see the mop in the corner.  I added it to his hat but, nothing I put it on is working.

Joined 2016-10-05

PM

I just pm:ed the solution

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

thank you Daniel and I finally got the doll - used it on the doctor and got the medical report. I knew that I had to “doctor up” the report and I did that but the guard still says that he feels fine and the report has to be wrong and so I still can’t get his weapon. I need some specific hints -nothing vague - I am very frustrated. But, I enjoy this type of game. but it gets old trying the same old things over and over.  After I let the butterfly loose, I have tried the mailbox, the crossbow, and swiped my cursor over the guard thinking I could steal something from him but to no avail. Help please!

Joined 2016-10-05

PM

PMed

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top