• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Ace Attorney 6

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Oh, that’s just the beginning!... Tongue

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

So, I woke up this morning with literally one thing on my mind: the realization that there’s a huge, nasty plot hole at the heart of case 5. Would love to discuss it when you guys have finished the game, because it’s bothering me.

So, Inga kidnapped Maya. Dhurke came to rescue her, Inga shot him then ran away for some reason, allowing Maya to channel Dhurke and escape. He came back a bit later and stashed Dhurke’s body into the sarcophagus. So far, so good.

But then, a few days later, he set up a meeting which would involve Dhurke (WHO HE KNEW WAS DEAD) coming to exchange the orb for Maya (WHO HAD ESCAPED DAYS AGO). WTF?!? I mean, seriously, what on earth did Inga expect was going to happen at that meeting??? (For that matter, what did he think was going on when he talked to Dhurke on the phone after the case’s first trial???)

This really makes no sense to me. Meh

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Kurufinwe - 18 September 2016 04:11 AM

So, I woke up this morning with literally one thing on my mind: the realization that there’s a huge, nasty plot hole at the heart of case 5. Would love to discuss it when you guys have finished the game, because it’s bothering me.

So, Inga kidnapped Maya. Dhurke came to rescue her, Inga shot him then ran away for some reason, allowing Maya to channel Dhurke and escape. He came back a bit later and stashed Dhurke’s body into the sarcophagus. So far, so good.

But then, a few days later, he set up a meeting which would involve Dhurke (WHO HE KNEW WAS DEAD) coming to exchange the orb for Maya (WHO HAD ESCAPED DAYS AGO). WTF?!? I mean, seriously, what on earth did Inga expect was going to happen at that meeting??? (For that matter, what did he think was going on when he talked to Dhurke on the phone after the case’s first trial???)

This really makes no sense to me. Meh

Inga was blackmailing Phoenix with Maya (Maya had escaped, but Phoenix did not know that, so Inga was still blackmailing him with that). Druk took over the phone after the civil trial. So Inga only learned then that Druk was ‘alive’ and with the others. He then switched over to threatening _Druk_ (not Phoenix) not with Maya, but with his other hostage(s) (=Amara and in a sense Reifa). You’ll see Inga switches plans during the phone call. Inga only needed the orb, so he only needed someone to bring it over, whether it was Phoenix for Maya, or Druk for Amara and Reifa.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Tantei KID - 18 September 2016 09:36 AM

Inga was blackmailing Phoenix with Maya (Maya had escaped, but Phoenix did not know that, so Inga was still blackmailing him with that). Druk took over the phone after the civil trial. So Inga only learned then that Druk was ‘alive’ and with the others. He then switched over to threatening _Druk_ (not Phoenix) not with Maya, but with his other hostage(s) (=Amara and in a sense Reifa). You’ll see Inga switches plans during the phone call. Inga only needed the orb, so he only needed someone to bring it over, whether it was Phoenix for Maya, or Druk for Amara and Reifa.

I guess that works. I’ll need to replay that conversation, because it completely escaped me. (It’s still weird that he’d even consider trying the blackmail Phoenix after Maya was gone. Surely he’d have expected her to have gone back to him. Oh well…)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m still on Case 2 but saw this blog post on Capcom about the localization of the singing monk in the first case that I thought was interesting. Must have been hard.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/zeroobjections/blog/2016/09/17/crime-photos-and-singing-monks-a-spectacle-of-sight-and-sound

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve reached the twist on Case 2, AA6 writer seems to be a fan of The Prestige...

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finally Maya!!!

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

And it’s, what, the 5th time she’s been accused of murder? Seriously, at some point I’m going to start believing that there’s no smoke without fire.

(More seriously, I love how much she’s grown in this game.)

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

wilco - 25 September 2016 05:47 AM

I’ve reached the twist on Case 2, AA6 writer seems to be a fan of The Prestige...

There are three writers this time, actually. Director Yamazaki, Fukuda (who also wrote for AA5) and Eguchi, who worked as planner and writer on the Mega Man Battle Network series. It’s not precisely clear who wrote what episodes though.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tantei KID - 26 September 2016 06:44 AM
wilco - 25 September 2016 05:47 AM

There are three writers this time, actually. Director Yamazaki, Fukuda (who also wrote for AA5) and Eguchi, who worked as planner and writer on the Mega Man Battle Network series. It’s not precisely clear who wrote what episodes though.

Maybe that’s why the game feels so big, I’m not sure but the 2 first case seem to take a lot of time compared to previous games.
The second case was better, I mentioned The Prestige because as soon as Bonny talked about teleporting I thought about twins. The way the killing was made there was enough clues in the investigation part to get to the conclusion soon. Now the twist about the vistim being another and the producer being the magician I didn’t see coming.

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

wilco - 26 September 2016 05:39 PM

The second case was better, I mentioned The Prestige because as soon as Bonny talked about teleporting I thought about twins.

There’s a fantastic hint/proof of that staring right at you from the start, actually. If you look in the dressing room, at the table, you’ll notice the twins have TWO things of everything they own.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

The DLC case (Turnabout Time Traveller) is out now.

(I still haven’t had the chance to check out the new KQ episode! So many games, so little time…)

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

You know when I said AA6 made me believe the series could still have something new to offer? That certainly did NOT apply to the DLC. Phoenix and Maya on one side of the courtroom (with Maya having more or less reverted to her AA1 personality for some reason), Edgeworth on the other side, Larry on the witness stand: this felt like a rehash of far too many cases from the original trilogy.

And frankly, the case was bad. It felt limp, devoid of energy and excitement. There were mysteries and twists, I guess, but they’re often predictable, and dealing with them felt like going through the motions. Even the time-travel premise never manages to capture the attention, and gets unceremoniously swept under the rug halfway through the case.

It all feels so small. It’s supposed to be about this big event involving this big, powerful family, but at the end of the day it’s just three characters stuck between three rooms. As a matter of fact, the case only has three suspects, two of which are your client and her sweetheart—you’ll never guess who turns out to be the culprit!

I guess there are worse ways to spend $6 and a few hours of your time (it’s still Ace Attorney, Larry is still kinda fun—and at some point, Edgeworth gets told to shut up and play with his frills, which is always nice). Still, this isn’t half as good as the orca case from AA5 (which wasn’t the greatest thing ever, but still enjoyable, and much more intricate), and frankly it’s as skippable as it gets.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Afte a break I got back on the game. Finished the third case. Is this the longest AA? According to the 3DS I’m already 16h into the game and usually the last cases take a long time.

The ending of the third case…  Cry  Cry  Surprisingly sad, also awesome twists.
I like the insights, reminded me of Minority Report

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

The 4th case is thankfully short (no investigation, just the trial), but it’s awful so it still feels far too long. And case 5 is basically two cases, including a supersized one.

Yeah, AA6 is a long game. (I think AA3 was still longer?)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top