• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Playthrough #18 - Enigmatis 3

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m afraid I’m falling behind everyone—will catch up later in the week!

In case anyone is interested, here’s a thread with a very spoilerish timeline of the events in the first Enigmatis game: The Ghosts of Maple Creek.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Probably busy writing another of your fantastic reviews. Likely due in another week or so, and you are frantically involved in another editorial process. Either that, or your grand-child’s first tooth just broke through, and you have to be there to celebrate the event. Both are excellent reasons for falling behind.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have reached the monastery now.

So far I’m not really sure what to make of this game.
In the two previous games there where some mystery to solve, they had some plot twists and in general you were never sure exactly what would happen next. So far this one however seems to lack all that, and it is just about going through the motions while building up for the final confrontation between good and evil.

It is of course still early in the game, and there may be many twist and turns later in the game, at least I hope there will be some, it doesn’t feel like a proper Enigmatis game without a twist or two!

As for the climbing sequence, if you don’t turn the tutorial off then it will actually explain exactly what you have to do Wink I still didn’t like it though, only about 1/2 was solved by recognition of the pictures, the rest was just random clicking.

Oh, and the water also boiled immediately for me Tongue

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Better than the cliff climb in Syberia 2. Save, climb, fall, restore, try different path, repeat again and again….resort to walkthrough.

The pace definitely starts to pick up when we start the current session. Among other things, we haven’t seen the Preacher yet, even though we know he’s here.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve now reached the monastery & keen to get nice, snug, warm & secure before the blizzard hits! I’ve made some notes about details that maybe more relevant later but I’m assuming that Britney found some thread to stitch up my wound as I didn’t pick any up!
Who would have thought that using hairspray & a lighter could untangle? rocks!

I didn’t like the climbing puzzle much except for some sense of immersion + the clues helped!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 28 September 2016 02:10 PM

I’ve now reached the monastery & keen to get nice, snug, warm & secure before the blizzard hits! I’ve made some notes about details that maybe more relevant later but I’m assuming that Bridget found some thread to stitch up my wound as I didn’t pick any up!
Who would have thought that using hairspray & a lighter could untangle? rocks!

I didn’t like the climbing puzzle much except for some sense of immersion + the clues helped!

I was thinking that too. I kept clicking on every thread, or thread-like item I could find expecting it would be added to my inventory. I think I remember that the packaging showed a needle and thread. So maybe it was implied that thread was included, but not explicitly shown.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 28 September 2016 02:17 PM

I was thinking that too. I kept clicking on every thread, or thread-like item I could find expecting it would be added to my inventory. I think I remember that the packaging showed a needle and thread. So maybe it was implied that thread was included, but not explicitly shown.

I didn’t see any thread included in the inventory although maybe it was there?, but Britney definitely fiddled around in what I thought was the sewing-box before performing the ‘surgery’!  Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 28 September 2016 02:46 PM

I didn’t see any thread included in the inventory although maybe it was there?, but Bridget definitely fiddled around in what I thought was the sewing-box before performing the ‘surgery’!  Smile

I think you misinterpreted. I was thinking I saw a needle and thread printed on the needle packaging. So it’s possible the thread remained in the package while you sterilized the needles. It was never added to inventory. It was just “there”.  Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I thought it was funny that despite the fact that our character was woozy from loss of blood, she still had to find all the bits to repair her own wound.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

performing the ‘surgery’!  Smile

Ack! Several weeks ago, while chiffonading some basil my pup walked behind me, and I turned around to look at her and accidentally cut off a large piece of my left index fingernail. Lots of blood. Paper towel compress, with lots of bandages kept everything under control. This wound hardly rates as worthy of surgery. No playing lead guitar on anything that required use of my left index finger. But geez, arm scrape requires surgery?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Well, since most of your have recovered from that strenuous climb to the monastery, it’s time to batten down the hatches, warm up the place a bit, and begin to explore the area.  Aim to reach the archeologists’ camp, shown below, by Saturday, Oct. 1.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 28 September 2016 06:37 PM

I didn’t see any thread included in the inventory although maybe it was there?, but Britney definitely fiddled around in what I thought was the sewing-box before performing the ‘surgery’!  Smile

I think you misinterpreted. I was thinking I saw a needle and thread printed on the needle packaging. So it’s possible the thread remained in the package while you sterilized the needles. It was never added to inventory. It was just “there”.  Smile

Sorry Tim, I did misinterpret & see what you’re saying! But it does seem like a strange thing when that box was full of threads that you wouldn’t pick the needle & thread up separately which is why I thought Britney got the thread? As for the use of the word ‘surgery’ I was very tired when I posted so confess to being lazy with my terminology!  Laughing

Lady Kestrel - 28 September 2016 07:41 PM

I thought it was funny that despite the fact that our character was woozy from loss of blood, she still had to find all the bits to repair her own wound.

Yes as apart from stitching & dressing the wound Britney didn’t put herself out too much to help otherwise!  Laughing

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I got to this session’s endpoint way too fast. I didn’t think I would remember as much as I apparently do about this game. I ran into a few “what do I do now?” moments, but they were less frequent than I thought they would be.

I did have a problem with the overhead grate lock puzzle. I swear I got it right, but it didn’t open. I hit the Skip button, and saw no change in position of any of my selections. But the lock opened. ????????

We saw our first glimpse of the Preacher on-site via a photograph. And perhaps another glimpse of him after the second bird attack. (I’m waiting for a glimpse of Rod Taylor and Tippi Hedren if these bird attacks don’t stop.) Cool

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I realised since I last posted that I’ve been calling the surviving archaeologist Bridget instead of Britney & earlier went back to edit the posts to find just now I must have pressed the quote button somewhere along the line!

I’ve now reached the archaeologist’s camp. The monastery part was interesting enough but where did Britney disappear to anyway as she gave me such a shock when she suddenly turned up again!

The attack of the big white ‘bird’? for the second time seem to coincide with the sound of a flute - is the creature being called or appeased?  Smile

rtrooney - 29 September 2016 06:44 PM

We saw our first glimpse of the Preacher on-site via a photograph. And perhaps another glimpse of him after the second bird attack.  Cool

Was it the preacher that Britney chased after?

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

I have staggered through the blizzard to the camp. I’ve had to consult the guide a couple of times, and even used in-game hints once. I was baffled in the “Chamber of Trials” (as named on the map) because it did not occur to me that I could move the chest to in front of the gate. One thing that was rather odd in a quasi-realistic game world was that you have to use the map to get out of the monastery. Why not go out through the main gate?  Meanwhile, I don’t trust Britney at all, but I’d rather have her where I can see her.

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top