• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Recore is filling that vacuum that nobody tries.

Found a vid that will do better job than reviews.
Seriously Ninty can drop truckload cash on Armature and they can make great Metroid again.
And that recore dashing in overworld to explore will remind you of warlock destiny floating

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 12 September 2016 04:10 PM

Recore is filling that vacuum that nobody tries.

Found a vid that will do better job than reviews.
Seriously Ninty can drop truckload cash on Armature and they can make great Metroid again.
And that recore dashing in overworld to explore will remind you of warlock destiny floating

That looks pretty cool, these kind of platforming is rare now

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I’ve played ReCore for about 10 mins.

Fell through the fecking world about 4 times. Buggy piece of shit. Maybe they should have finished the game before releasing it. It might be less of a problem if it doesnt take about 1 mins to load.

Arrrhhhhh!!!

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 16 September 2016 01:35 PM

I’ve played ReCore for about 10 mins.

Fell through the fecking world about 4 times. Buggy piece of shit. Maybe they should have finished the game before releasing it. It might be less of a problem if it doesnt take about 1 mins to load.

Arrrhhhhh!!!

PC or xb1?

Conman wins the first round now buy Mno9.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

XB1

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Halo CE: Anniversary

Always thought Halo is overrated but I only played it on PC and didn’t even finish it, stopped a bit after the Flood shows up. Since I like Destiny so much I decided to give the series a new chance and started from the beginning.
My opinion is somewhat better but not by much, I think the Bungie gameplay works better with a controller and the gunplay feels good but the level design is still pretty stale. The game is about going to a place and then doing the opposite route with incredibly long sequences of the same thing over and over again. Some of the areas are pretty big and final encounters with Flood fighting Covenant fighting Sentinels fighting us were good. I can see why it made such an impact at the time on consoles. Still very behind Half-Life in terms of design.
I did like the update the remake got and the ability to change the graphics on the fly to the old ones. The soundtrack is also very hype.
The controls of the warthog were so bad, the final escape sequence was almost unbearable.

6/10

I’m going for the sequel now.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 19 September 2016 12:54 PM

Always thought Halo is overrated but I only played it on PC and didn’t even finish it, stopped a bit after the Flood shows up. Since I like Destiny so much I decided to give the series a new chance and started from the beginning.
My opinion is somewhat better but not by much, I think the Bungie gameplay works better with a controller and the gunplay feels good but the level design is still pretty stale. The game is about going to a place and then doing the opposite route with incredibly long sequences of the same thing over and over again. Some of the areas are pretty big and final encounters with Flood fighting Covenant fighting Sentinels fighting us were good. I can see why it made such an impact at the time on consoles. Still very behind Half-Life in terms of design.
I did like the update the remake got and the ability to change the graphics on the fly to the old ones. The soundtrack is also very hype.
The controls of the warthog were so bad, the final escape sequence was almost unbearable.

6/10

Halo1 was best space opera killing star wars.
Great lore, music, great AI, fun combat.
Halo2 was an utter disaster.
Halo3 redeemed everything and ended with great cliffhanger.
Then I stopped caring.

Except Blur CG cutscenes, collection remake is not good enough.
Halflife2 looks and plays worse too.
Though Halflife Blackmesa mod and Hl2 graphics update mod make it look better than vanilla.

None of these games aged well imo.

But i wonder why you went back to halo after riseofiron.
Shifty Eyed

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 19 September 2016 01:47 PM

Halo1 was best space opera killing star wars.
Great lore, music, great AI, fun combat.
Halo2 was an utter disaster.
Halo3 redeemed everything and ended with great cliffhanger.
Then I stopped caring.

Except Blur CG cutscenes, collection remake is not good enough.
Halflife2 looks and plays worse too.
Though Halflife Blackmesa mod and Hl2 graphics update mod make it look better than vanilla.

None of these games aged well imo.

But i wonder why you went back to halo after riseofiron.
Shifty Eyed

I started Halo 2, just the beginning, the Blur cutscenes are awesome.
Half-Life 2 looks worse then what? Looks better than the originals Halo1/2 and the controls with are for mouse/keyboard, plays worse with a controller.
Both have epic battles but Halo has bigger environments, like I said, great shootouts in Halo but the level design is better in HL.

Rise of Iron only comes out tomorrow, still waiting on it… Just wanted some more of that gameplay and in a single player campaign Smile

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 19 September 2016 12:54 PM

6/10

There were a few ideas in the original Halo that were very new for their time. Like the recharging shield, and driving vehicles in FPS’es. Now they are standard everywhere, but back then, they were super fresh. The main complaint I had about the first one was the library section, and the never ending repetitive corridors.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 19 September 2016 07:26 PM

There were a few ideas in the original Halo that were very new for their time. Like the recharging shield, and driving vehicles in FPS’es. Now they are standard everywhere, but back then, they were super fresh. The main complaint I had about the first one was the library section, and the never ending repetitive corridors.

So they are to blame for the recharging shield? At least it uses of mix of recharging/health packs that is what I think the best way.
Also the online co-op (or split screen?) was pretty new at the time on consoles.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 19 September 2016 07:39 PM
SoccerDude28 - 19 September 2016 07:26 PM

So they are to blame for the recharging shield? At least it uses of mix of recharging/health packs that is what I think the best way.
Also the online co-op (or split screen?) was pretty new at the time on consoles.

Recharging health of Halo.
Coversystem of kill.switch.
Camera of Re4.

From then on it was all, copy paste mechanic for entire industry.

Halo1 best stage, in night this music, just listened again after years, tear drops.
Sniping under the cover of night.

Just listen to beats at 1:40

Martin was magician behind halo, Halo was nothing without him just like Elder aint nothing without jeremysoule.
Just listen to this masterpiece, jazz,drums,piano etc.
Fire up speakers on rainy day.

Odst was great too, but again its the rythmic flow of music in different situations that take experience to whole other level.

Black ps2,Halo,MetroidPrime had best fps AI. 

Now excuse me wilco nostalgia bait succeeded and i need to listen to whole odst ost.

Tongue

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 19 September 2016 03:06 PM

Half-Life 2 looks worse then what? Looks better than the originals Halo1/2.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 19 September 2016 08:20 PM

Now excuse me wilco nostalgia bait succeeded and i need to listen to whole odst ost.

Tongue

Success!
Are ODST and Reach worth playing?

Anyone tried the Forza Horizon 3 demo? Looks amazing and plays more arcadey like Need for Speed (that I prefer to simulation)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 20 September 2016 04:29 AM
nomadsoul - 19 September 2016 08:20 PM

Tongue

Success!
Are ODST and Reach worth playing?

Anyone tried the Forza Horizon 3 demo? Looks amazing and plays more arcadey like Need for Speed (that I prefer to simulation)

Odst remake is no brainer.

Fh3 is effing beautiful.
Will be my only racer after last fav Pacific Rift.
Ofcourse openworld offroad arcadey racer is win win.
Launch trailer

Halo warthog

Reviewed well too, its MS fall killerapp, not sure about Gears4 though.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1281458

Been to Aus, they nailed Aussie outback feel.
Boring country though otherwise.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Haydee

If you loved portal and TR , get this asap.
Its mix of both with extra service Wink

4/5

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top