• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AGSOTD

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 06 September 2016 01:14 PM
wilco - 06 September 2016 12:45 PM

What’s up? Friday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday? Is it time to stop?

I wont stop beating you big bad wolf.
Get prepared to pressQ

I will remember that

rtrooney - 06 September 2016 01:19 PM

I can’t speak for Oscar, but you should see a Casual Friday post on the 9th.

I blame the guessing what’s in the box game, everybody is forgetting their turn

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

wilco - 06 September 2016 01:34 PM

I blame the guessing what’s in the box game, everybody is forgetting their turn

That’s entirely possible. It seems like a very addictive thread/game. If you leave for more than an hour, you might not know where you are when you return. And that leaves room for little else.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Hey! Oscar! You’re missing your Fridays. If you are no longer interested, that’s more than OK with me. But if you can’t fill the slot, I would like to find another way to get it done. Let us know. Maybe there’s another volunteer lurking in the wings.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Sorry, I lost track. It’s hard to do every fortnight, you tend to forget about it.

Go ahead and replace me. I don’t think many are interested in 80s games anyway.

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Oscar - 24 September 2016 01:10 PM

Sorry, I lost track. It’s hard to do every fortnight, you tend to forget about it.

Awww.  I enjoyed your posts, Oscar, especially since these are games I’ve never played.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

also next Wednesday is gonna be my last Crap Shooting, i think Izno should take his hand back as the deal goes.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

80s games are interesting and I’ve enjoyed your posts Smile... It’s games that I often haven’t had a chance to play or it’s a blast from the past (like the Hugo games Smile)

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve missed your Retro games post Oscar but please don’t give up just on account that you think no-one’s interested!
I’m never going to play anything from that decade but as they are the beginnings of what comes later it is interesting to have a glimpse of games from the perspective of someone who’s actually played them. Maybe the lack of feedback is an issue but I look at the posts as many others do - I don’t know what to say in reply but do enjoy them!  Smile
If you really don’t want to continue I just want to thank you for all the posts so far! Thumbs Up (Have you thought of getting a calendar?  Laughing )

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Advie - 24 September 2016 02:16 PM

also next Wednesday is gonna be my last Crap Shooting, i think Izno should take his hand back as the deal goes.

I may or may not wish to do more AGSOTD sometime in the future, but it is not something that I’m actually planning to do, and it won’t happen in any foreseeable future.

Instead of looking as this as temps filling in for me until I return, you should really look at this as something permanent, and try to find a more permanent solution for the Wednesday slot .. well, as permanent as it is for anybody contributing to the AGSOTD that is Wink

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Iznogood - 25 September 2016 10:07 AM
Advie - 24 September 2016 02:16 PM

I may or may not wish to do more AGSOTD sometime in the future, but it is not something that I’m actually planning to do, and it won’t happen in any foreseeable future.

Instead of looking as this as temps filling in for me until I return, you should really look at this as something permanent, and try to find a more permanent solution for the Wednesday slot .. well, as permanent as it is for anybody contributing to the AGSOTD that is Wink

Thanks for posting Iznogood & you’re right about looking for a more permanent solution!

Advie - 31 August 2016 12:06 PM
chrissie - 31 August 2016 11:48 AM

I’m sorry I’m not keen on the one week on & one week off…... alternatively would you like to post one month on & one month off? which is more appealing to myself.  Smile

i can handle the alternative way, one month on and off.. seems fine as the previous idea.. its not easy to beat the crap out of things everyweek… so..

lets see how this gonna turn out

Advie - 30 August 2016 07:24 PM

i have this idea for a day, its kinda like ‘beating the crap of ...” well its actually this!.. i can fill week-in and aweek-off.. if this could add up to the upcoming year of AGSoTD ..?

I am able to post throughout October so do you want to continue on alternative months ‘Shooting Crap’ Advie?
On that basis I could continue posting in months i.e. December, February & April (leaving you with November, January, March & May).

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ok Chrissie… i might change the theme with everymonth i will handle.. i guess that is ok, right?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sounds good Advie!  Thumbs Up ... & it’s not for me or anyone else to dictate what themes you choose so whatever you want to do!  Smile (I’ll be sticking with the seasonal theme BTW!)

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Tomorrow is Friday, and I don’t know if there will be a surprise post from someone. If there is, I will profusely thank that person.

But if there is not, then it’s time to ask for a volunteer to post a screenshot every other week until July 2017. I don’t have a calendar handy, but that’s about 18 screenshots. They can be on any topic you want. Or no topic at all. Maybe nothing other than games you’ve played, and felt strongly enough about, (good or bad,) to think they deserved a showing.

If you would like to volunteer, but need some assistance, any of us are here to help. Send us a PM, and we’ll get back to you post haste. The exception to that rule is if you play games on your Mac or on a console. Lady Kestrel is out Mac expert. I don’t know who would be the console expert. I’m not an expert, but I do Windows.

I hope somebody will step up to the plate. I hate to have that hole in the schedule.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

What’s happening? No AGSotD has been posted since Saturday! (Hoping that wilco will post one sometime today Smile)

Edit: Thanks wilco - Thumbs Up

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

You’ll get one tomorrow!  Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top