• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AGSOTD

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

All my best to you, Izno!  As I’m sure you know, feeling down after heart surgery is common, and the meds can contribute to it.  It’s a slow process, but I wish you steady recovery.  Stop by when you can.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Glad to hear your recovery is going well, Izno (apart from the pulled muscle, but that’s a temporary issue).

It’s not uncommon for a shift in interests and activities to occur after such an invasive operation. Sometimes it’s temporary, sometimes it’s more permanent. Because of the increased oxygen flood after the operation, because of the medication, because of tiny blood clots from the operation itself causing minor damage, etc. Totally natural and nothing to worry about.

Good luck with the recovery, get well, and know that AG isn’t going anywhere, so we’ll be right here when/if you return.

Take care!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Good luck with the recovery Izno.

TimovieMan - 30 August 2016 03:14 AM

It’s not uncommon for a shift in interests and activities to occur after such an invasive operation. Sometimes it’s temporary, sometimes it’s more permanent. Because of the increased oxygen flood after the operation, because of the medication, because of tiny blood clots from the operation itself causing minor damage, etc. Totally natural and nothing to worry about.

I think a decreased interest in adventure games is a sure sign of decreased blood flow to the brain, isn’t it?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 30 August 2016 03:17 AM

I think a decreased interest in adventure games is a sure sign of decreased blood flow to the brain, isn’t it?

Mini-strokes due to blood clots. Smile

Nah, the increase in oxygen could make Izno want to go on adventures himself instead of playing games about them. Cool
Or not.
I’m just repeating stuff I heard a top surgeon say on TV, I don’t know WTF I’m talking about…  Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for posting Iznogood - & your ‘sick note’ Thumbs Up is a little late! but I can’t think of a better excuse for ‘failing your duty’ on AGSotD Laughing & please don’t be so hasty with your resignation! I’ve enjoyed all of your screenshots along with the interesting descriptions. (apart from that one never to be mentioned again!) I’m sure I’m not the only one! 

It’s not surprising that you’ve lost the “spark / will / interest ...” to post on AGSotD as it can happen to anyone for a while without even worries about their health - the brain works in mysterious ways!

I am very close to someone who went through serious surgery as you have & know that recovering physically is far quicker than getting over the emotional/psychological trauma of it which can take months up to a couple of years ! Both Lady Kestrel & TimovieMan have reiterated this in their posts so it really is too soon for you to make a decision Iznogood! (& probably even know where your head’s at!)

Meanwhile I’ll try & look after your day for a while with the intention of keeping your inspirational seasonal theme with the hope that your ‘spark’ might come back eventually! Just say when & carry on! Smile 

NB But if anyone else is interested in ‘looking after’ the Wednesday slot before that please post here!  Smile

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

There is also the option that I took, which is sharing a day with someone, until Iz returns. You did it two days a week for a year. Karlok did it five days a week for a year. I did it one day a week for a year and found myself burning out. Hope some peeps out there will step forward and take up half the load. And it doesn’t matter if it’s “topic-oriented.” Just posting your favorite screenshots from your favorite games is enough.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i have this idea for a day, its kinda like ‘beating the crap of ...” well its actually this!.. i can fill week-in and aweek-off.. if this could add up to the upcoming year of AGSoTD ..?

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Standing up and applauding in the rafters. Think you and chrissie need to work out the details. But it sounds great.

AGSOTD has been here forever. Or so it seems. Good to know that there is interest in seeing it continue. Bravo Advie, and chrissie, and everyone else.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 29 August 2016 02:26 PM

Get well, iznogood. Good luck with the recovery

Yeah wishing you speedy recovery.
Its official now, 2016 year sucks.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Yep, get well soon Izno, take all the time you need.

It might seem a million miles away at the moment but just maybe that “adventuring” spirit will be back one of these days with a vengence! Smile

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 30 August 2016 07:24 PM

i have this idea for a day, its kinda like ‘beating the crap of ...” well its actually this!.. i can fill week-in and aweek-off.. if this could add up to the upcoming year of AGSoTD ..?

The idea at the moment Advie is just to ‘fill in’ on Wednesdays giving Iznogood the opportunity to take over the slot at any time he feels up to it but okay…..
as it’s the final day of summer I will post a screenshot later & then you are free to take over from next week.

I’m sorry I’m not keen on the one week on & one week off, yes, I know it works for Tim & Oscar but it doesn’t suit me so perhaps someone else would like to involve themselves in that arrangement. Alternatively would you like to post one month on & one month off if you don’t want the full commitment of taking over completely? which is more appealing to myself.  Smile

NB Sorry Advie, I forgot to add my thanks for offering to contribute to the thread!  Thumbs Up

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 31 August 2016 11:48 AM
Advie - 30 August 2016 07:24 PM

The idea at the moment Advie is just to ‘fill in’ on Wednesdays giving Iznogood the opportunity to take over the slot at any time he feels up to it but okay…..
as it’s the final day of summer I will post a screenshot later & then you are free to take over from next week.

Love your new ‘Mau’ avatar Smile
i need to think of something to go with, i love ‘Anubis/Jackal’ but it’s already taken.. hmm…

anyways.
It is an honour to fill in Izno’s space until hes well.. so be it Smile

chrissie - 31 August 2016 11:48 AM

I’m sorry I’m not keen on the one week on & one week off, yes, I know it works for Tim & Oscar but it doesn’t suit me so perhaps someone else would like to involve themselves in that arrangement. Alternatively would you like to post one month on & one month off? which is more appealing to myself.  Smile

i can handle the alternative way, one month on and off.. seems fine as the previous idea.. its not easy to beat the crap out of things everyweek… so..

lets see how this gonna turn out

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 31 August 2016 12:06 PM

i need to think of something to go with, i love ‘Anubis/Jackal’ but it’s already taken.. hmm…

i can handle the alternative way, one month on and off.. seems fine as the previous idea.. its not easy to beat the crap out of things everyweek… so..

Thanks, it’s not a new avatar though, I’ve had it for years & it’s one that was designed for me by a now deceased member on another forum which I’m using temporarily until I can sort out my current & very trivial ‘identity crisis’ - I believe it’s the goddess Bastet Laughing NB what does ‘Mau’ mean?  Smile

Great! You’re willing to try one month on & one off to see how it goes - I’m interested to see what you’re going to post!  Thumbs Up So you’re going to start next Wednesday - yes!  Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 31 August 2016 12:20 PM
Advie - 31 August 2016 12:06 PM

Thanks, it’s not a new avatar though, I’ve had it for years & it’s one that was designed for me by a now deceased member on another forum which I’m using temporarily until I can sort out my current & very trivial ‘identity crisis’ - I believe it’s the goddess Bastet Laughing NB what does ‘Mau’ mean?  Smile

Great! You’re willing to try one month on & one off to see how it goes - I’m interested to see what you’re going to post!  Thumbs Up So you’re going to start next Wednesday - yes!  Smile

Mau .. Bastet, same thing.

Thumbs Up next Wednesday it is.. i will beat the crap out of you something .. eventually Tongue Tongue

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Thanks for the kind wishes everybody.

And I’m glad that Chrissie and Advie are willing to take over, and also curious to see what Advie is planning.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top