• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Obduction Coming … Is Anyone Excited? 

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 27 August 2016 03:49 AM
nomadsoul - 27 August 2016 03:35 AM

I have already gone through playthrough on youtube, so thanks for your two cents.

What a pity. Seriously. But in that case you already know the story. To be honest, I’m against wilco posting a summary of the story, which might ruin other people’s experience, including mine. Maybe he can PM you?

No issues, be can pm me, if its too sacred issue for you.
But we have always discussed stories at length in all TTG threads.
You are just being more self entitled here as always.
Its my decision to play the game, or not, i am not making comments on gameplay or anything.
I wanted his take on story as in some thread you know well, where you didnt magically have problems,

Click to reveal hypocrisy,

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/8187/P15/#116073

Inb4 your i didnt post summary excuse

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Discussing a game’s story is totally fine here. Just start a new thread with a title like “Obduction story discussion (spoilers)” so people who don’t want things spoiled know not to read it.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

nomadsoul - 27 August 2016 07:57 AM

No issues, be can pm me, if its too sacred issue for you.
But we have always discussed stories at length in all TTG threads.
You are just being more self entitled here as always.

Gee.

I apologize for making you angry. I thought it was a reasonable request. My mistake.
If you want to discuss the story, by all means. I’ll stop reading this thread. 

Click to reveal hypocrisy,

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/8187/P15/#116073

Inb4 your i didnt post summary excuse

That was not a summary of the story at all. It was just one possible interpretation of the ending. As you know there are several different interpretations floating around the Internet. And anybody who hadn’t played the game reading my comments in spoiler tags, would still not know what the game was about.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 27 August 2016 07:32 AM

Edit: Found I wanted in this good post at the Steam forums:
Nice discussion of the whole story to read (SPOILERS):
http://steamcommunity.com/app/306760/discussions/0/359547436750223968/

Well that story is utter trash.
It started really good but nothing close to modern walking simulators exploring new grounds.
But again they dont have to, they delivered Myst fans their due gift.
Puzzles were tough, i won’t touch it, its not for my skills.
Graphically game was lacking art design like MIND or Riven.

Considering sales and approvsl ratings on Steam, its now confirmed that tough puzzle games like Witness or Obduction can be made without fear of failing.
Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 28 August 2016 02:21 AM

Well that story is utter trash.
It started really good but nothing close to modern walking simulators exploring new grounds.
But again they dont have to, they delivered Myst fans their due gift.
Puzzles were tough, i won’t touch it, its not for my skills.
Graphically game was lacking art design like MIND or Riven.

Considering sales and approvsl ratings on Steam, its now confirmed that tough puzzle games like Witness or Obduction can be made without fear of failing.
Thumbs Up

I don’t think is’s utter trash but (like you said) this kind of game is played for it’s puzzles and exploration of strange environments. Story is the background and meant to be discovered by erading notes and diaries and taking notice of the stuff that is happening. Itself is a puzzle.
Blow thought that and Witness doen’t really have a story.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I am really enjoiyng the game. But got stuck in the plates you have to roted, I can not find the righ move of the plates. Am stuck in there about a day.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

UruBoo - 28 August 2016 02:43 PM

I am really enjoiyng the game. But got stuck in the plates you have to roted, I can not find the righ move of the plates. Am stuck in there about a day.

Are talking about the rotation maze in the green world?

Do you want a hint? Because I needed one in that part, it’s all so slow

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Yes Wilco, I really need a help. I tried to PM you but something got wrong. If you have a way to deel with those plates, I appreciate. I know that you can change the shape of the plate if you “link” down using one of the other portals, but I never can find the plate in the right position, no matter the rotation I aply.. Any help will be most appreciated. I’m stuck there for days.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

UruBoo - 28 August 2016 09:39 PM

Yes Wilco, I really need a help. I tried to PM you but something got wrong. If you have a way to deel with those plates, I appreciate. I know that you can change the shape of the plate if you “link” down using one of the other portals, but I never can find the plate in the right position, no matter the rotation I aply.. Any help will be most appreciated. I’m stuck there for days.

I answered your PM but also read about a possible bug in that part.
Look at this thread (Spoilers):
http://steamcommunity.com/app/306760/discussions/0/359547436747594188/

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m not sure I will be able to finish Obduction. Frown As I may have mentioned once or twice over the years, I’m “directionally challenged”. No problems with left-right, but I still get confused and lose my way in no time. I have strategies and tricks to cope with it in real life, which don’t work in games. All recent 3D games are frustrating for me, like Ether One, Ethan Carter, Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture. I immediately got lost in Firewatch, even though it has a map. Unfinished. And now Obduction. For reasons people who have played it will probably understand, it’s near impossible for me. I love the game, but being lost all the time is immensely discouraging. Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I haven’t started playing yet, but wouldn’t switching to “point and click mode” help with that?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Kurufinwe - 30 August 2016 08:19 AM

I haven’t started playing yet, but wouldn’t switching to “point and click mode” help with that?

Not really, no. Tried it. For one thing, the game is vast. Twist and turns. There’s another reason, but I don’t want to spoil the game for you. BTW, I also have the same problem with confusing 2D games, such as Dark Fall or Noir where “right” may mean E, NE or SE. But it’s easier to map those.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That sucks. In what part are you having more problems? The teleporting at the borders or in blue/stone world? It’s all pretty confusing. Would a map help?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The first. A really detailed map would help, but I’d have to make one myself for it to be any good. The general map in the game is nice, (especially the green lines indicating where you can crossover) but unfortunately not enough for me. The awful photo bugs don’t help either. I wish Cyan would come up with a patch. 

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 30 August 2016 09:06 AM

The first. A really detailed map would help, but I’d have to make one myself for it to be any good. The general map in the game is nice, (especially the green lines indicating where you can crossover) but unfortunately not enough for me. The awful photo bugs don’t help either. I wish Cyan would come up with a patch.

Ok. I was going to recommend looking at the map in Farling’s cabin and putting some notes where the exits between the “jumps” are. It helps but you already saw it.
Fixing the bugs seems to be taking a bit, I don’t think I’ve seen any more patches

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top