• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia III

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

It’s looking great!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 22 August 2016 05:36 AM

3 takeaways,

1. He is anal retentive as Amy hennig puts it , i am too. Probably the reason why we see
quality all around, artists like him are not happy all the time.
2. He made a good distinction between comic and games, but again he is rare case of artist who can draw himself
3. Syberia3 wont be final game then.

Great interview, thanks for updates.

Total Posts: 5045

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I can only assume it’s a great interview. I don’t understand French. Even if it is Canadian French. Without subtitles, he could just as well be saying that he hates the way the game turned out, and will never design another game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

rtrooney - 22 August 2016 02:39 PM

I can only assume it’s a great interview. I don’t understand French. Even if it is Canadian French. Without subtitles, he could just as well be saying that he hates the way the game turned out, and will never design another game.

You can go to captions and turn on english subs on YouTube.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 22 August 2016 02:39 PM

Even if it is Canadian French.

Yeah, that’s a far cry from French French if you ask me.

I watched the French Canadian film Mommy (I recommend it, btw) last year, and despite me being decent in French, when Anne Dorval started talking in the first scene, my initial reaction was “what language is THAT??? Gasp”. Smile

Benoît Sokal’s French is very clear for me, but then he’s Belgian, so I should understand him…

And like nomadsoul says: if you go to the bottom right of the video itself, you have the option to change the size of the video, the option for the settings (where you can choose between English and German subs), and the option to turn the captions on.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5588

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That’s an interesting interview.  Basically, if Syberia 3 makes money, he has ideas for Syberia 4.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

TimovieMan - 23 August 2016 02:55 AM

And like nomadsoul says: if you go to the bottom right of the video itself, you have the option to change the size of the video, the option for the settings (where you can choose between English and German subs), and the option to turn the captions on.

Interesting…
The options for subtitles for the video were not there when I checked yesterday, but they’re there today. I assume rtrooney had the same issue. Yesterday there were only two icons in the lower right of the video—the gear and the fullscreen, and the gear only had options for Autoplay, Annotations, and Quality. Today there are four icons in the lower right—CC, gear, theatre mode, and fullscreen—and the gear has options for subtitles and language. I wonder if this is region-specific—or whether YouTube had an issue yesterday.

Total Posts: 5045

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

To the fact that there was no sub-title option available when I first looked at the link, crabapple is totally correct. I was only able to access subtitles when I tried the link again today.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Thanks for the interview link Advie! I`m also happy to hear that Sokal wants to make more adventure games in the future. Syberia 3 looks great and hopefully get some decent sales figures too.

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Welcome Ahenobarbus Smile

Translate to English

Syberia 4, 5 are really possible!!

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Question about the Syberia games:

Are the subsequential games direct sequels?
More specifically: Do they make up one big journey?

Would be cool if yes.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Origami - 27 August 2016 03:21 PM

Would be cool if yes.

yes.. havent played?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Origami - 27 August 2016 03:21 PM

Would be cool if yes.

Syberia 2 is a direct (if entirely unnecessary) sequel to the first game. I think S3 is supposed to start more or less where S2 ended, but we’ll see how that plays out.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kurufinwe - 27 August 2016 03:33 PM

Syberia 2 is a direct (if entirely unnecessary) sequel to the first game.

I agree completely.

Syberia II starts off right where Syberia ended, but Syberia concluded the main character’s arc and its open ending felt like a perfectly wrapped up story.

The sequel really does feel unnecessary, and it even manages to end on what I find to be a “and now what?” non-ending.

Syberia III could realistically start right where Syberia II ended without skipping a beat (but the footage I’ve seen so far suggests a different approach).

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top