• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

No Man’s Sky

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 08 August 2016 06:29 PM

Game preloaded with the day 1 patch applied, now to wait for the unlock (still 24h to go here).
I think I will either get bored of it pretty quickly or spent and unhealthy amount of hours discovering a lot of stuff if I’m into the gameplay

Just starting and getting hold of it will make it 30hrs, some are enjoying Dontstarve+FTL like resource hunting, others are getting bored of these mechanics.

From stream , it seems there are plenty of choose of your adventure type stuff, mixed with Wizardry and DnD type stuff. All text though, like text adventures.
You dont see creatures, its just in descriptions.
They are fine if you are the type.

Cons uptill now are heavy popins, getting stuck on hostile planet , running out of fuel and resources to get going, rinse repeat, going in menus to refill in intense dogfights etc.
But yes, none of the things we didnt see it coming, Devs didnt oversell it.

Best user rev for lulz

Nu-Male’s Sky is the perfect game for Reddit/Bernie supporters, which means it’s a bad game for everyone else. By all means, if you have a beard, thick-rim glasses, and love being cucked, then this game is for you.

Maybe your wife will let you play it while the pool-boy Rodrigo pleasures her in ways you and your shriveled manhood can’t even comprehend. How’s that for mind-blowing? And your wife won’t even have to leave this solar system to experience it, which is more than we can say about you

Grin

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Anyone can easily sell the game with this launch trailer,

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Nice advert:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-10-cosmic-emperor-bill-bailey-promoting-no-mans-sky-in-the-uk

Game is good so far, but main complaint seems to be fatigue setting in fast and I’m only 2 hours in. Felling of jumping in a ship and just go to outer space explore is great.
My main problem with it so far is the really really small inventory space, hopefully it will possible to upgrade it

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 10 August 2016 09:43 AM

Nice advert:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-10-cosmic-emperor-bill-bailey-promoting-no-mans-sky-in-the-uk

Game is good so far, but main complaint seems to be fatigue setting in fast and I’m only 2 hours in. Felling of jumping in a ship and just go to outer space explore is great.
My main problem with it so far is the really really small inventory space, hopefully it will possible to upgrade it

Yes you can buy pods or something, they cost you ofcourse.

R*,Rare,Rocsteady,Hellogames etc. Uk has great dev scene.
Thumbs Up

Edit

Since a week,early rel, here its sold for 70$ even noone buying it.
Waiting for 55$ drop.
So please let me know if you can follow some main quest path to end game.
Stream guys are going all over but center.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 10 August 2016 09:55 AM
wilco - 10 August 2016 09:43 AM

Nice advert:

Yes you can buy pods or something, they cost you ofcourse.

R*,Rare,Rocsteady,Hellogames etc. Uk has great dev scene.
Thumbs Up

Edit

Since a week,early rel, here its sold for 70$ even noone buying it.
Waiting for 55$ drop.
So please let me know if you can follow some main quest path to end game.
Stream guys are going all over but center.

I’m still learning how everything works - trading, crafting, etc. Game guides you in these steps.
Each galaxy has a “distance to the center” so I imagine you can follow the path to get closer and closer. Or maybe get in some black hole.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Everyone has to see this,

Best ever review of any game…

Fake spore, dinosaur brains, hot trash flat…
Scan him for drugs.. Grin

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

After checking out plenty of streams in hope that all experiences will be different, with great variety of planets , i am surprised at lack of variety.
Because its random, still not what traikers showed.
Not a single planet as good as trailers.

I think they should have made one main quest line with great selection of planets, shown in first trailer and later, with sandworms and towering creatures, complemented with decent storyline by some famous writer like ChrisAvellone,once you are done with that fixed questline, you can then choose to transfer into other system procedurally generated like it is now.

It could have made it best space experience.
Also alleviating current negativity.

Infact my idea is something they can implement even now with future patches.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 12 August 2016 12:51 PM

Rekt
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1262076

“So remember that Banjo video where I talked about how smaller maps are more interesting to explore because all the interesting stuff is more concentrated? Well with this game, they’ve gone and achieved the complete polar opposite of that. I’ve experienced around 30 planets at this point, and they all play out exactly the same.

You find little buildings, you find materials, run out of inventory space, sell your shit, and then you do it again. That’s it. The game loses that ability to surprise you way too quickly and you’re left with this empty feeling of disappointment at how unfinished it all feels.”

This is exactly what I was afraid would happen. Very large scale, small team, something’s gotta give.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Someday there will be a game that mixes this space exploration and mass effect story telling, but not today

Bethesda could do it

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 12 August 2016 01:27 PM

Someday there will be a game that mixes this space exploration and mass effect story telling, but not today

Bethesda could do it

Thats ME Andromeda.
But again writers fail to amaze often.
Bethesda writing is worse than Bioware.
I still think NMS is great , and delivers its promise.
Gamers confused the genre, i knew it will end up like FTL.
People read it wrong, and future updates can fix problems.
The main issue is no mainline quest with interesting story.
And considering todays market, instant gratification and adrenaline is something this game cant give.
When they opted for moment to moment menu resource management shit, they ruled out
mainstream and frankly it can get chore even for me.
Give me infinite fuel, thats all.
One of those games where cheats are needed for fun.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I enjoy when games bomb that have been overhyped.

But this is a rare instance where the small Indie development team contributed close to nothing to said created hype. So I hope the game does well….but it doesn’t bode well so far.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yes, it seems like a lot of people was expecting something that was never told.
All this talk about them lying about the multiplayer but never got the impression that anyone should play the game with the perspective of a multiplayer game. Always seemed like a solo experience.

The resource management however is becoming extremely annoying for me now.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 12 August 2016 08:01 PM

Yes, it seems like a lot of people was expecting something that was never told.
All this talk about them lying about the multiplayer but never got the impression that anyone should play the game with the perspective of a multiplayer game. Always seemed like a solo experience.

The resource management however is becoming extremely annoying for me now.

Hit on PC

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1262331

Tongue

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2016-07-23

PM

From what I understood after looking at the game is that it recycles a lots of assets, Even tough the aesthetics are amazing the lack of Co-Op (not MP mind you)has not helped a lot. Then there are issues such as driver crashes(on PC), to which I am glad Hello games responded with an experimental patch.To conclude I feel like Hello games released something that was between BETA and GOLD release, maybe cause they had to meet a deadline or something. But all in all I think the game has a lot of potential , it just needs some time!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top