• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Henk61

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 27 June

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

THE ENGLAND FOOTBALL TEAM ARE THE BIGGEST DISGRACE I HAVE EVER KNOWN

What a bunch of overpaid buckets of excrement.

In their “honour” the screenshot above is from an appalling game where basically everything is terrible. It is not worthy of the title “game”.

However I would rather play nothing but this game for the rest of my life than watch England play football. At least the game above was made by a young teenager who had no idea what he was doing. He could have taken anyones place in the England team tonight.

Seriously, I can’t remember ever being this disgusted with the England football team before and that is really saying something.

Don’t play this game or watch England play football unless you want to thoroughly deride the creator/the English.

England at least does deserve the derision.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I agree that England gave one of the worst team performances I have ever seen. They shouldn’t have waited for Hodgson’s resignation after the match, they should’ve sacked him in the 55th minute for having the team come on the pitch in the second half and playing even worse, and for still not having brought in Vardy (who should’ve been a starter) by then.

On a related note: what game is this?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Intense Degree - 27 June 2016 05:07 PM

THE ENGLAND FOOTBALL TEAM ARE THE BIGGEST DISGRACE I HAVE EVER KNOWN

What a bunch of overpaid buckets of excrement.

But you have Rocky Balboa Marcus Willis, mate! Cheer up.

P.S. Where is that Iceland, anyway?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

It looks like an OceanSpirit Dennis game - so it’s part of a long-running in-joke (search the AGS archive for more details if you must) and probably the terribleness is intentional.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Phlebas - 28 June 2016 05:10 AM

so it’s part of a long-running in-joke

Like England football…

I looked up the games, that are maybe 10 games made by the same creator, they all look equally terrible, I’ll have to try one later

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

wilco - 28 June 2016 06:12 AM

so it’s part of a long-running in-joke

Like England football…

Yeah, I almost said that but decided the AGS comment was more helpful and didn’t want two parenthetical remarks in the same place. Thanks for picking it up for me Smile

I looked up the games, that are maybe 10 games made by the same creator, they all look equally terrible, I’ll have to try one later

I think a variety of creators were involved - even people like Ben304 and Francisco Gonzales were involved with some of them.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Sorry about the football.

I think the problem is the shape of the ball. <runs away>

What?  Too soon?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Dara100 - 28 June 2016 10:40 AM

What?  Too soon?

It’s NEVER too soon. England fans are used to this. It’s been like this ever since they won the World Cup in 1966. Tongue

Anyway, well done by Roy Hodgsson, the secret Icelander. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

It looks like an OceanSpirit Dennis game - so it’s part of a long-running in-joke (search the AGS archive for more details if you must) and probably the terribleness is intentional.

Not far off.

This is the original game “Pub Master Quest” on which the OceanSpirit Dennis series is based. The terribleness is 100% unintentional.

To be honest I feel bad about doing this now. Not because of the England Team but because it’s harsh to the 13 year old (now maybe 20 yr old) who made it years ago. The guy is now a talented artist who is trying to make his way into game development and i’m sure he’ll do really well.

On the other hand I can’t say i’m used to this as an England fan. Not being able to string 3 passes together? Sure. Massively underacheiving? Every time. But not even being able to make 1 pass between them, hitting crosses and free kicks that most school teams regularly do better than, absolutely failing to notice and deal with the simplest and most basic tactics from Iceland…

That’s a new low even for England.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top