• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Wednesday 22 June

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Today I’m breaking one of my most basic rules and featuring a game that I haven’t actually played.

But a game series that takes place in the Italian vacation paradises of Capri, the Amalfi Coast, Naples and other scenic places in Italy, and uses actual and professional photographs of the places as the background for the game .. well that is just begging to be featured in my Summer Special.

The screenshot is from The Capri Connection but it could just as well had been from either of the two other games in the series.

I must confess that I don’t really know terrible much about the games, other that each feature several thousands photgraphs, and that all the characters in the game are locals and not actors. It is made by Silvio Savarese who as I understand it, is really more of a photographer than a game developer, and it had an unsuccessful Kickstarter.

Perhaps a perfect game to play, when you have a typical Danish Summer day with rain and temperatures at 15°C Meh

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Are these games actually any good, because they do seem interesting?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Beats me, but they got some mediocre reviews.
But as you said, they look interesting.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Iznogood - 22 June 2016 06:12 PM

The screenshot is from The Capri Connection but it could just as well had been from either of the two other games in the series.

No, it could not. The setting of the first two games was Capri and all the pics were taken on the island. The third one takes place in other parts of Italy.

TimovieMan - 23 June 2016 06:05 AM

Are these games actually any good, because they do seem interesting?

The first one is very hard and it’s extremely ease to get lost. Most people agree that the second one is the best; easier interface and better map too. The third one is pretty bad.

I’m very surpised that the reviewer complains that Anacapri (the second one in the series) is too hard, because I solved all the puzzles by myself, no walkthrough, nothing. And as I’m sure everybody knows by now, I am not very good at solving puzzles.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

The first game had a lot of extreme pixel hunting. Fortunately it also had the option of highlighting the active spots and I eventually used that option. I liked the game.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

furgotten - 23 June 2016 10:44 AM

The first game had a lot of extreme pixel hunting.

Yes, for the exits and the many objects needed for the fetch quests, which I didn’t like. The real puzzles were quite hard though.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

As far as I’m concerned, Anacapri is a must-play adventure. The first could have been good if it wasn’t so frustrating, and I haven’t played the third.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

They are beautiful games and made me wistful and want to buy a plane ticket.  I played the first game for about two hours but never did find the house I was sent to because I kept getting sidetracked by the gorgeous scenery and enticing alleyways.

I started the second and thought it was easier to navigate but didn’t finish it for some reason.  It has a minor supernatural plot but is still quite a travelogue.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I played the first game but never finished it - there’s lots of backtracking and it’s rarely clear what you’re meant to be doing (or trying to do). But as an interactive wander around the beautiful island it was rather lovely!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Phlebas - 24 June 2016 06:00 AM

I played the first game but never finished it - there’s lots of backtracking and it’s rarely clear what you’re meant to be doing (or trying to do).

Lots of backtracking, yes, but for a long time you run errands for other people, so you do know what you’re supposed to be doing.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top