• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Kathy Rain

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I know the information is probably available somewhere in this thread. But I was put off by the AG review that didn’t directly link to a download site. If the review is that good, tell me where to buy it, for how much, et al.

Yes, I can Google it, and come up with that information. But shouldn’t a review contain that information?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 27 May 2016 08:35 PM

I know the information is probably available somewhere in this thread. But I was put off by the AG review that didn’t directly link to a download site. If the review is that good, tell me where to buy it, for how much, et al.

Yes, I can Google it, and come up with that information. But shouldn’t a review contain that information?

To the right of the review is the game info. Click on the link to the game page. Scroll down and you’ll find the link to the official website.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Really enjoyed this.  And since GK1 is my favorite adventure game ever, I don’t think there’s a better choice of a game to be influenced by.

I do think this was a bit too close though.  So many locations and plot points were extremely similar.

Also it seemed like with another clear influence on the game (Twin Peaks) they made multiple overt nods to it (“The owls are not what they seem”, multiple mentions of a “Sheriff Truman”, etc.), which made it feel like the developers were openly acknowledging the influence.  With no similar jokey references to Gabriel Knight it felt a bit more like they were stealing ideas to me.

Still, a really good and enjoyable game.  I hope to see these guys make more games like this, and continue this series.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Detective Mosely - 30 May 2016 09:47 PM

(“The owls are not what they seem”, multiple mentions of a “Sheriff Truman”, etc.)

That’s a very specific reference. Was there also a man in a smiling bag???? Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

TimovieMan - 31 May 2016 03:22 AM
Detective Mosely - 30 May 2016 09:47 PM

(“The owls are not what they seem”, multiple mentions of a “Sheriff Truman”, etc.)

That’s a very specific reference. Was there also a man in a smiling bag???? Gasp

No, but there was a man from another place that appears in dreams and a red room.  It’s kind of silly how much it’s GK1 and Twin Peaks mashed together.

Not really complaining though, because it was one of the more fun adventure games I’ve played in a while.  There’s not really many games that go into this kind of territory, so even if the plot seems heavily influenced, at least they’re being influenced by things that are rather unique.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The red man in the game is pretty much identical to the Mystery Man from Lost Highway. I mean, they could have at least tried to be original.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Oscar - 31 May 2016 10:10 AM

The red man in the game is pretty much identical to the Mystery Man from Lost Highway. I mean, they could have at least tried to be original.

Haha, now that you mentioned it , cant unsee.

Gameplot was fine till the end, i wanted it to be left ambiguous for sequel.
crimson one and other plot threads went bit generic.

3.5/5

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

Finished the game today and really enjoyed it. I can understand why people think it is rather close to Gabriel Knight 1, but as it was a long time ago I played that game, it didn’t bother me. I loved the build-up of the mystery in the first few days. Every time you discover something, it leads to more questions (as it should be in a good mystery book, film or game). None of the puzzles were hard in my opinion (never got stuck for more than a few minutes), and I think the trickier ones provide enough feedback if you are just trying something to gently nudge you in the right direction.

If a sequel comes out in the future, I’ll definitely be playing it.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-08-16

PM

I really enjoyed this game too.  I never played the Gabriel Knight games, just couldn’t get into his character.  But I definitely see a Twin Peaks influence here.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Really enjoyed this.  And since GK1 is my favorite adventure game ever, I don’t think there’s a better choice of a game to be influenced by.

I have started to play this game and so far I’m enjoying it. Yes, similar to GK1 in some ways but I loved that game too.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2013-08-23

PM

Hi folks! The one year anniversary of Kathy Rain is coming up tomorrow Friday (May 5). To celebrate the occasion, yours truly will hold a dev playthrough stream of the game on Twitch at 19:00 CEST! Hope to see all of you there! Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top