• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Need help Day of Tentacle REMASTERED

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

There shouldn’t be any dead ends in this game. There weren’t any in the original, so there shouldn’t be any in the Remastered version. You can relax. Wink

LucasArts was pretty adamant about their games never having any dead ends (unlike Sierra). Apart from their earlier games (Zak McKracken, Maniac Mansion, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade), NONE of their games have dead ends (and even then they were far more lenient than Sierra). Fate of Atlantis had one possible bug near the end that could get you stuck as well, but that’s it.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

This puts me in mind of the several games I played back in the day where you were definitely out of luck if you neglected to pick up something early in the game.  This was especially egregious in games with few saves or no saves just auto following of your progress.  I remember a wrench in one but have mercifully forgotten what game.  Gah!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Dara100 - 17 June 2016 04:24 PM

I remember a wrench in one but have mercifully forgotten what game.  Gah!

Was it Înnocent Until Caught 2: Guilty! ???

Find the wrench:

Nothing of the sort in Day of the Tentacle, though. And no dead ends either.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

I estimate that I’m about half way through the game.  I think I’ve completed almost everything possible in the ‘present’ and about half of the essential in the ‘past’ But as yet I have not managed to travel to the future and It seems that I am now forced to do so in order to continue !
The in-game ‘controls’

say that you access the three time eras by pressing your keyboard keys ‘1’, ‘2’, & ‘3’ I have had no trouble moving back & forth between ‘present’ and ‘past’ simply by pressing keys ‘1’ & ‘2’ as outlined.  But when pressing keyboard ‘3’ nothing happens.
****  Why is this so?
****  How do I get to the now essential ‘future’ ?
Please help & thanks in advance !

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

You need to rescue Laverne from that tree, by doing something to that tree in the past.

If you want some more explicit hints:

1) Laverne’s tree is the one outside the window Washington is looking at.

2) Washington will chop down a cherry tree, but he can only see a kumquat tree from the window

3) You need to disguise the kumquat tree in front of the window as a cherry tree

4) Solution: As Hoagie: You need the red paint from the attic in the past. Apply the paint to the tree by the window outside the mansion. Go back to Washington and he’ll chop it down if given the right dialogue choices.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

Thanks Dale.

I have only read your first 8 words"You need to rescue Laverne from that tree,”
I remember what to do to achieve that from a couple of decades ago - at leas in general.  If I get stuck on the actual details I’ll take a look at your continuation.
Once again - VERY many thanks !!
Smile Smile Smile

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

Getting close to the end but stuck again.
Need to start the “human’s competition”.  Got Mummy (Ted) on roller skates seated with Harold & other 2 women.  Got ALL items to add to Ted in Laverne’s inventory.
But how do I get the contest to begin?
Various Walkthroughs say go to the stair immediately to the right of the grandfather clock; walk right; tell tentacle in BLUE you want to enter; RECEIVE TAGS …….. BUT !!!???
IIRC I did this some time ago …. can’t remember if the tentacle I talked to was blue or not? …. receive NO tags …. Now there is no tentacle standing by the “podium” (2 cylinders one on top of the other).  Looked everywhere and tried everything.
SO HOW CAN I START THE CONTEST ??
N.B.  Any of the meagre 10 relevant save-slots have been overwritten ages ago !!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

From the reception area in Laverne’s time you need to go through the big door at the back and walk to the right until you see the blue tentacle behind a small desk. Talk to him to enter the comp and get a name badge.

Once you get the mummy on the bench you just need to put the name badge on him to start the comp.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

Very many thanks Lucien21.
I scoured every cm. of Laverne’s ‘location’ except for the correct one !!  I had been there before as I mentioned above but nevertheless got totally fixated on the wrong area as I described.
EXCUSES:- After about 40 beta testings and about the same number of walkthroughs I’m now approaching 92 years of age and miss things due to advancing semi-blindness caused by AMD (Adult related macula degeneration).
But I keep smiling and count my very many blessings———Cheers   Len Green
Thanks again for helping me out - and so quickly !!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top