• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieLady Kestrelwalas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Text Parser Experiment

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

You wake up in a garage filled with useless old cars and junk, blood dripping from your forehead, its blurring your vision, you are about to grasp your head to feel the source of blood but your attempt is held back, you look down, you body is tied to a bed you are lying on with two lines of plastic ropes tied around you waist and legs.

->look bed

The bed made of wood, you are lying on a worn out mattress with springs bursting out of it.

->input the next command & the next line of description

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

>look garage

You examine the garage as best you can from your prison-like bed. You realize it is an old Amoco gas station, a brand that was taken over by BP many years ago. The garage is dilapidated, like its former owners. (You may have thought it before, but now you know you are doomed.) There are two exits from the garage; one is a window to the west, the other an office door to the south. The sliding garage door to the north doesn’t count as an exit because it has been welded shut. And none of this really matters because you are still strapped to the bed with plastic ropes tied around your waist and legs, and sharp pointy springs poking you in the arse.

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

>yell

Oops! As you try to open your mouth, you realize it is covered with a duct tape. With a corner of your eye you see it’s a cheap kind of Walmart duct tape, but you feel as it was taped in 5 or 6 layers. Ironically, it’s colored purple.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

->feel springs

Sharp, pointy and poking you in the arse. You think you might be able to work one of them loose with a bit of effort.

->pull spring
(the loose spring)

Twisting yourself and the spring around, and scratching yourself a little in the process, you manage to work the spring free of the mattress.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

->scratch your arse

you can’t do that.

->cut rope with spring

However pointy the spring is, it took you more than 20 tries with your hand held down until you were able to feel the upper rope giving up with a whipping sound that felt sweet to your ears.

->untie rope

You bend your body, and untie the lower rope around your legs, and you are about to let a sigh of relief, but it was unjustified when you still can’t remember what are you doing here, who brought and tied you in this place, and above all if it is going to be a walk in the park getting out of this dilapidated garage.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>look at self

Peering down at your body through the remnant fog of visions incurred by the sudden rush of blood to your head upon standing up, you see the shape of a female figure; youthful and zaftig, with one minor but notable difference. You are pregnant.

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

>yell

You can’t do that…you’re a pregnant zaftig female. Pregnant zaftig females scream.

>scream

You can’t do that, either. Remember the purple Walmart duct tape? Gawd, do you hate purple…it’s really not your color.

>look for mirror

Desperately searching for a reflective surface, the only thing you see that might suffice is a slippery sheen on the floor next to the automotive lift rack, a puddle of what appears to be 10W-40 motor oil. That could work in a pinch!

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

You peer down at your still medium-handsome face with the gash on the forehead and realize you forgot to shave.  Oh well…you’re bloody but you’ll live and you’re not really pregnant, you just had a momentary delusion.  You could stand to lose a few pounds though.

>look

There’s a workbench that’s seen better days on the right piled high with…

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Are these your own or you are pasting from existing games?

Like where this is going…

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

nomadsoul - 30 May 2016 03:46 PM

Mine were my own. I think the others are, too. Join in! Maybe we can make a whole game!  Grin

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Mike the Wino - 30 May 2016 03:51 PM
nomadsoul - 30 May 2016 03:46 PM

Mine were my own. I think the others are, too. Join in! Maybe we can make a whole game!  Grin

Cant match you guys on this but will try tomorrow.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

..There’s a workbench that’s seen better days on the right piled high with some big number of magazines.

> look magazines

you take a wide number of steps toward the workbench at the eastern corner of the garage,  where the pile of magazines lie.
With a shocking expression on your face you stare at the one on the top of the pile,  with bizarre sex images that reminded you of that kind of sick movie you had watched long ago, 8MM.

ps: maybe we can post of topic or commentsin color to keep this game going withOUT making it a bit detracting for who ever want to read the actual playing posts. 
thanks and i hope i not being rude by this inquiry myself.

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Advie - 30 May 2016 06:03 PM

ps: maybe we can post of topic or commentsin color to keep this game going with making it a bit detracting for who ever want to read the actual playing posts. 
thanks and i hope i not being rude by this inquiry myself.

Good point….off topic needs color to differentiate from the “game”. Not rude at all, Advie!

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

>look work bench
(ignoring magazines, because you despise smut)

On the workbench you also see a can of sterno, an acetylene tank (full), a welder’s helmet, and a stuffed parrot. There’s also a left-handed metric crescent wrench, and a catcher’s mitt. And dirt. Lots of dirt.

>take all except dirt and parrot

sterno: taken
acetylene tank: taken
welder’s helmet: taken
left-handed metric crescent wrench: taken
catcher’s mitt: taken

>s

You walk south until you are standing in front of the office door. And, as you recall, your mouth is still covered with purple Walmart duct tape.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

>save [ENTER]

(waiting for karlok to enter his input to double the fun)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

>remove duct tape

still under the shock of the situation, the least comforting matter is that you put your shit together starting to think straight, you remove the tape easily enough trying not to hurt yourself, your skin beneath the tape and your unshaven cheeks and moustache, you did not succeed enough,  but at least now you were able to take the deepest breath since you woken up at this dump.

>look office door

the door is a sliding french door with the kind of panes of glass which had been removed and replaced with two metal scraps for each side, suggesting that neither the office nor the garage have been used as a actual place for running any kind of business.

>open door
The office door is locked with a metal chain.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top