• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Zero Escape 3 Now Official! 

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

The man in the plague suit is a robot controlled by the dog. Calling it now…

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

And trailer is here:

With a confirmed release date - 28/06 !!! 3DS/Vita

Game will also be out on Steam but maybe later

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 16 March 2016 08:06 PM

And trailer is here:

With a confirmed release date - 28/06 !!! 3DS/Vita

Game will also be out on Steam but maybe later

holy crap!!!!
I really doubted that they would release by the preorder date… and apparently they will release before it.
That was fast.
And it looks really good.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

http://kotaku.com/everything-we-just-learned-about-zero-escape-3-1765374818

Lots of info out of GDC, all of which sounds really exciting.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 17 March 2016 04:42 AM

Nice article, I like the premise but too much info, stop reading it halfway… I’m going on media blackout until the release Confused

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 17 March 2016 06:35 AM
Kurufinwe - 17 March 2016 04:42 AM

Nice article, I like the premise but too much info, stop reading it halfway… I’m going on media blackout until the release Confused

same. I watched a little bit of the trailer, enough to see that the game is probably just about complete, and then i havnt read or watched anything else Tongue

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Steam release is on June 30th, so it’s close to the handheld versions. Still going for the Vita version. It would be weird to play this on the PC.

The release is a month away so now is the time to start a replay of the series.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Steam release is on June 30th, so it’s close to the handheld versions. Still going for the Vita version. It would be weird to play this on the PC.

The bar is set rather high after the second one. However, it will be a day one buy for me on the VITA. Fingers crossed it is as good as the first two.

It seems each release gets a wider distribution:

999 - Nintendo DS

VLR - PSVITA and 3DS

ZE3 - PSVITA, 3DS and PC

Hope this helps with sales.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Just finished my replay of Virtue’s Last Reward. Brilliant game, even though it drags a bit at times—seriously, nobody cares about the specifics of who killed whom in Irrelevant Timeline #32; also, I swear half the game’s duration is spent watching dots moving on the map and doors opening.

There are lots of little details to catch when you know what’s really going on, and events that take a whole other meaning. Chief among those is probably the story of Junpei and Quark’s life together, which becomes completely different when you realize it took place in a horrible post-apocalyptic world. Even though Luna’s ending is still my favourite, I got really choked up because of Quark’s letter about his childhood and Junpei’s complete refusal to accept that their life together should just be erased when Sigma and Phi rewrite history. (The latter moment is in the super-secret epilogue that I had managed to miss on my first playthrough, though not on my second one or this time around.)

(Speaking of the super secret epilogue, it probably explains how Akane is going to be in the third game without contradicting the events of the second game: maybe Kyle’s consciousness is going to be inside her body.)

Anyway, I’m pumped for Zero Time Dilemma. I hope it won’t turn out to be a disappointment; it definitely has some very, very big shoes to fill.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I started my replay, but nor sure if I’ll actually finish before ZE3, I forgot the game s more than 30h. But it is helping remembering stuff.

I do think the ending chapter should be al least good, it was pretty clear Uchikoshi already had a plan for the trilogy at the end of ZE2.

Btw, 999 is coming to Steam someday, don’t know it it’s the original or the butchered iOS version. The second game will probably also come later

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

5 days to go

Some reviews are out and good, seems like fans won’t be disappointed.

Vita version perfomance better than 3DS, haven’t seen comments about the PC version.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 23 June 2016 05:14 AM

5 days to go

Some reviews are out and good, seems like fans won’t be disappointed.

Vita version perfomance better than 3DS, haven’t seen comments about the PC version.

Pros

Fully voiced with excellent VA
New format changes up the formula well
Pays off portions of prior games

Cons

New graphic style causes major uncanny valley
Possible to “play the game wrong”
Went a little far for the M rating

Only review with 7.5, with these cons i find positive.
Uncanny valley is cringey even in uc4 , so.

Other reviews calling it masterstroke to end trilogy.

Hell of replay value too, more tough puzzles etc.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m gonna sit out a bit and see how the reviews compare the 3DS version and the PC version before deciding what to get.

Might eventually still settle for the PC version since that one’s undoubtedly going to be cheaper. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

MC vita at 95.
Looks like Witness has contender to fight for.
Lots of praise for mind twisting story.

TimovieMan - 23 June 2016 10:52 AM

I’m gonna sit out a bit and see how the reviews compare the 3DS version and the PC version before deciding what to get.

Might eventually still settle for the PC version since that one’s undoubtedly going to be cheaper. Tongue

3ds ver is being bashed.
Vita us crispier.
Noway pc ver can suck, for this game, unless port is shit, which i doubt.

Edit

And buy it at full price when you do, game was canceled and made it thanks to fans bugging.
Hopefully kotaro returns with more new stuff later

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Game is seems to be well received by reviewers.
Quality gaming trilogy confirmed?

I have the first two games but haven’t played them yet. =)
Can’t wait to get started.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top