• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Henk61

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 30 May

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The Diary of a Roadie

This game is the debut entry from Belgium – Germany based Indie developers CMMN CLRS for this year’s AdventureJam competing in several categories with 164 other entries to be judged from June 17th following the closure of voting.

The story starts with roadie Emmett (Em) waking up with a hangover, he’s late for work, has lost his backstage pass & has no memory of the night before.  As Em, walking back & forth along the one ‘panoramic’ location reveals some unexplained items & a strange scene which was enough to entice me to play for the 1 hour 30 mins I took. 
Apart from one ‘aspect’ I found gross, I found the game, despite the lack of sound, humorous & liked the wacky way that all made sense in the end! 

I don’t like to criticise a game I played for free also knowing AdventureJam required it to be made in no more than 2 weeks but a game with a roadie as protagonist & no music…....... 

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Looks interesting, never heard of it before but may have to check it out.

Also, thanks for digging me out of a hole and posting chrissie! Smile

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2016-05-26

PM

Hey chrissie!

Thanks for your kind words - and we totally understand your disappointment about the missing music (since we share it Wink ) - but we just couldn’t make it in time and we’re happy that we finished a playable version Smile
As soon as the jam’s over, we’ll start working on a patch with music, maybe even voice actors and much more Smile

Have you already voted for our game in the jam? If you haven’t we’d be really thankful if you did: http://jams.gamejolt.io/adventurejam2016/games/the-diary-of-a-roadie/146972

Thank you again for spreading the word Smile

All the best,
Jonas (CMMN CLRS)

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I would have thought roadies don’t generally keep diaries, not being able to write or spell and all. That’s why they’re roadies.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sounds interesting, chrissie, but I have to ask, what aspect did you find gross?

Joined 2016-05-26

PM

Oscar - 01 June 2016 10:00 AM

I would have thought roadies don’t generally keep diaries, not being able to write or spell and all. That’s why they’re roadies.

good one! Wink

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

CMMN CLRS - 01 June 2016 09:48 AM

.......we totally understand your disappointment about the missing music (since we share it Wink ) - but we just couldn’t make it in time and we’re happy that we finished a playable version Smile
As soon as the jam’s over, we’ll start working on a patch with music, maybe even voice actors and much more Smile

Jonas (CMMN CLRS)

I would definitely look forward to a patch that includes music Jonas! Voicing-acting would be welcome too but I didn’t mind the lack of it! Smile

wilco - 01 June 2016 10:03 AM

Sounds interesting, chrissie, but I have to ask, what aspect did you find gross?

I was vague about it wilco (as well as the way the game progressed) as I didn’t want to give any spoilers but it was:

an inventory combination that needed something extra to create a full bottle of beer + the ensuing appreciation of it…

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

chrissie - 01 June 2016 11:07 AM

.......we totally understand your disappointment about the missing music (since we share it Wink ) - but we just couldn’t make it in time and we’re happy that we finished a playable version Smile

Jonas (CMMN CLRS)

I would definitely look forward to a patch that includes music Jonas! Voicing-acting would be welcome too but I didn’t mind the lack of it! Smile

I was vague about it wilco (as well as the way the game progressed) as I didn’t want to give any spoilers but it was:

an inventory combination that needed something extra to create a full bottle of beer + the ensuing appreciation of it…

Thats true Roadie depiction and very clever even though its gross.
Roadies are like this in real life, by and large.

Joined 2016-05-26

PM

Maybe we should add “super realistic” to our game description Wink

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

nomadsoul - 01 June 2016 11:26 AM

It didn’t put me off the game but thanks for the warning nomadsoul - I’ll be sure never to accept a drink from a Roadie!  Laughing

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

chrissie - 01 June 2016 11:07 AM

Jonas (CMMN CLRS)

Say no more, classic Dumb and Dumber

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

wilco - 01 June 2016 12:06 PM

Say no more, classic Dumb and Dumber

To me that’s funnier as it’s in a different context & perhaps more difficult to convey in an AG?  Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

chrissie - 01 June 2016 11:58 AM

It didn’t put me off the game but thanks for the warning nomadsoul - I’ll be sure never to accept a drink from a Roadie!  Laughing

Oh not that they just not only that in bottle, but their personal hygiene is way off , thats what i gathered from plenty of roadies documentaries.
To the point they are too smelly in person.
True Roadie that is.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

CMMN CLRS - 01 June 2016 11:32 AM

Maybe we should add “super realistic” to our game description Wink

Well in anycase, moments like this make gamers who know,

Wow, they actually went there, thats bold

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Have you already voted for our game in the jam? If you haven’t we’d be really thankful if you did: http://jams.gamejolt.io/adventurejam2016/games/the-diary-of-a-roadie/146972

Jonas (CMMN CLRS)

Jonas, I have now voted for your game in the jam - I’m sorry that I only gave one top score for the game-play but in my ignorance of the other 164 games I haven’t got the time to try (& it is a competiton -yes!) I’ve blindly been as generous as I feel I could be on the basis I liked the structure & found the game a hoot!    Smile

Joined 2016-05-26

PM

Perfectly okay! Thank you, chrissie Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top