• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday 28 May

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Timelapse

In the introduction to Timelapse, you are heading to Easter Island in response to a plea of help from your friend, Professor Alexander Nichols, who has found a strange device which he thinks may be a time portal to different ancient civilizations and perhaps a link to Atlantis.  When you arrive, the professor isn’t there, but you do find his journal, which begins your journey through some gorgeous ancient environments.  There are a plethora of puzzles to be solved along the way, each one designed around the civilization in which you find it, as are the myriad clues.

The screenshot shows the metamorphosis gods puzzle in the Mayan world.  Different positions of the crystal ball morph into different god heads, which are the keys to unlocking the Mayan temples where further puzzles await.

This game has been in my top 10 for a long time, and one of the few games I’ve played that has two good alternate endings.  Some of the acting is a bit hammy and some of the puzzles are tough, but the worlds are beautifully rendered and a pleasure to explore.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Another great game on the bookshelf that hasn’t been played in a loooong while.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve always been intrigued by the screenshots of this game (albeit limited) some of which I’ve thought were quite beautiful. I do actually have the game so must get around to trying it - I will probably need help on the puzzling front though!  Laughing

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Also one of my favorites. 

The large folder that is printed to look like a worn leather folio that came with the game holds 4 cds and tells the back story.  I loved games with “extras”.

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This is the only game I’ve ever played in which I used an actual cheat for a puzzle.  In the Anasazi section, one of the puzzles is shooting an arrow through a hole in a rock formation.  After about 100 tries, I was ready to shoot the shaman who kept saying, “Shoot straight as the wind blows.”  I knew what I was supposed to do but just couldn’t manage it.  Then someone took pity on me and told me how to solve the puzzle without having to shoot, so I was back in business.

The game also has a very funny Easter egg in the Easter Island section, of course.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Lady Kestrel - 28 May 2016 06:46 PM

This is the only game I’ve ever played in which I used an actual cheat for a puzzle.  In the Anasazi section, one of the puzzles is shooting an arrow through a hole in a rock formation.  After about 100 tries, I was ready to shoot the shaman who kept saying, “Shoot straight as the wind blows.”  I knew what I was supposed to do but just couldn’t manage it.  Then someone took pity on me and told me how to solve the puzzle without having to shoot, so I was back in business.

I remember that puzzle. Don’t you have to wait until you can hear the wind, or something like that? I had trouble with it too, I think.

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 28 May 2016 06:46 PM

The game also has a very funny Easter egg in the Easter Island section, of course.

I’m not sure it qualifies as a cheat, but I begged a saved game from a fellow player to get past this, and I am hard pressed to call this a, puzzle.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

That arrow puzzle is why everyone should have a young son living at home with them. Which I did at the time I played Timelapse, fortunately. Why do they have to grow up and leave home when you need them for the sneaky timed challenges? (Ancient rhetorical question.)

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The game always intrigued me… ever since I read a review of it in a local gaming magazine where it was dubbed as one of the most difficult adventures ever - the author of that review made a good-spirited remark: “If you’re not the next Jean-François Champollion, better don’t even start this game!” Grin.  I love the mystery behind the missing professor and how you need to follow his clues as well.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top