• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge! #11:  ROM - Read Only Memories

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

congratulations on finishing Smile
yeah i can see where people can get the impression its a smaller game, but id say its really standard length (8ish hours maybe). All in all its a quite solid and fun game. And as said, if made in 1990ish it would have instant cult classic status. (maybe it still will in some circles?)

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m lagging behind, still in chapter one. Chatty? You can say that again! ROM reminds me of Gilbert Goodmate and I don’t mean that in a good way. I wish indie developers would at the very least try to look objectively at their dialogues monologues.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Also behind, chapter 4 here. I agree the game is very chatty, and it gets all technical about artificial intelligence and circuits and I just doze off. Can’t seem to play for a long period.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve managed to finish ROM, the game gets better in the final chapter but I still didn’t enjoy it very much. It has the looks and sounds good but the story is too predictable for how long it is. If the inspiration was Snatcher Where were the twists and the drama scenes? Disappointed with this one.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I played ROM for almost two hours tonight and I’ve promised myself I won’t have to finish it. It’s more than a little chatty, it’s tedious, longwinded, and getting nowhere. Sorry, but it’s not worth my time.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

What the hell happened here? Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

We are waiting for Oscar to feed us the next challenge Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

So apparently I’m meant to provide the next challenge, or so I’ve been told. I’ve handed the duties to Advie.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 12 June 2016 10:47 AM

So apparently I’m meant to provide the next challenge, or so I’ve been told. I’ve handed the duties to Advie.

Why?

Let’s do another text adventure. Smile

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 12 June 2016 11:12 AM
Oscar - 12 June 2016 10:47 AM

Why?

He asked me to.

Let’s do another text adventure. Smile

I’m up for that.

I assume “let’s” means you’ll lead it? (being the most senior member, judging by your avatar) Smile

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Hm… I may have been too hasty. I want to finish the Deponia series, I’m playing Spycraft, and Black Dahlia is tempting too. And then there’s real life.

If you’re willing to wait a couple of weeks, I’m willing to lead a text adventure. Provided I’ve played it.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thanks Oscar.

i have been meaning to play Exile, the only Myst game that i didnt really get involved much while playing it long ago, because it was on my brother’s hype and he didnt let me touch the mouse but rarely and also i think it would be nice to get into a Myst world preparing For Obduction (yea i know Cyan wasnt behind it)

also i have been meaning replay Gray Matter for a long time but never did.

if anyone shows interest at any of both choices i may be tempted to follow it.
but anyways i will not start the thread before late tonight, after seeing todays match.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m not interested in Gray Matter. If Myst Exile is chosen, I will certainly follow th4e thread, but I’m not going to replay it.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Darn ! my copy of Exile won’t install, and can’t find it either at steam or gog

any ideas?

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 12 June 2016 11:32 AM

If you’re willing to wait a couple of weeks, I’m willing to lead a text adventure. Provided I’ve played it.

Why must you have played it? I still think it would be fun for us all to try and work through a game no one’s played. Even the leader could take part.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top