• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Very excited yea!!

but , i am NOT sure about him, wilco, i m actually disappointed!
Matthew Mcconaughey would have been a better choice than being the Man in Black,
or in short words as ‘Sussanah’ would put it, Elba is no “honkey mahfah!Tongue

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Elba is an amazing actor and he’s got charisma to boot. He’ll do a great job, I’m sure.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve never read the series so I don’t really have an opinion but I am curious about the opinions since it has such great following nad the project has been talked about for so many years.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Never read the series either, but Elba and McConaughey have a great track record, and they’re coupled with a good director and a decent screenwriter, so I’m definitely interested.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

the problem that bothers most of the series fans that not only Roland (The Gunslinger) is white, but there is a MAJOR character on Roland side through the series who hates white people/men and actually abuses them.. now, it is gonna be demanding to change lots of things.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

So you change it to a character who hates black people/men and abuses them. Very small change.

Also, you can’t fit entire books into a film, some things need to be altered, a lot of things need to be scrapped.
If you want an exact representation of the book, why not just reread the book?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i am already on it, starting the fourth book Wizard and Glass tomorrow maybe Tongue

but its a dream to see the picture, i ve been on the dark Tower for 25 years now starting since the 2nd book was out and lived the fantasy with its connections through all the other SK books (like many hardcore fans of the series) so, seeing the picture is a big matter, don’t want to get disappointed or a least to see many turnoffs that could ruin my lifehood Smile

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Stanlee wasnt happy with tall Wolverine and i had same issues, but people dig jackman so he became standard for modernage.
Elba is best black man in the business right now so lets see, if audience digest it.
Heck look at slim Wonderwoman.

Hollywood , nuff said.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Damn, Shay from BrokenAge showing his ballzy act,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/22/hollywood-in-the-grip-of-child-abuse-scandal-similar-to-jimmy-sa/

Just informed that lynch and deltoro are paedo supporters,

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls000021488/

Shit is deep, no conscience…

All your fav actors and directors involved , should be exposed like Fappening debacle of Hollywood’s Actresses.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Saw the show “Craic Dealer” by Irish stand-up comedian Dara Ó Briain yesterday, and it’s one of the absolute funniest stand-up shows I’ve ever seen. Had me in stitches several times. Wonderful stuff.

Watch some excerpts - it’s hilarious! Grin

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

anything comes, anything goes

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Legendary Muhammad Ali passed away, at the age of 74.
2016 claims another.

Edit:

Damn

President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama paid tribute to legendary boxer and activist Muhammad Ali, who died Friday at age 74. Here is the President’s full statement:

Muhammad Ali was The Greatest. Period. If you just asked him, he’d tell you. He’d tell you he was the double greatest; that he’d “handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder into jail.”

But what made The Champ the greatest – what truly separated him from everyone else – is that everyone else would tell you pretty much the same thing.

Like everyone else on the planet, Michelle and I mourn his passing. But we’re also grateful to God for how fortunate we are to have known him, if just for a while; for how fortunate we all are that The Greatest chose to grace our time.

In my private study, just off the Oval Office, I keep a pair of his gloves on display, just under that iconic photograph of him – the young champ, just 22 years old, roaring like a lion over a fallen Sonny Liston. I was too young when it was taken to understand who he was – still Cassius Clay, already an Olympic Gold Medal winner, yet to set out on a spiritual journey that would lead him to his Muslim faith, exile him at the peak of his power, and set the stage for his return to greatness with a name as familiar to the downtrodden in the slums of Southeast Asia and the villages of Africa as it was to cheering crowds in Madison Square Garden.

“I am America,” he once declared. “I am the part you won’t recognize. But get used to me – black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own. Get used to me.”

That’s the Ali I came to know as I came of age – not just as skilled a poet on the mic as he was a fighter in the ring, but a man who fought for what was right. A man who fought for us. He stood with King and Mandela; stood up when it was hard; spoke out when others wouldn’t. His fight outside the ring would cost him his title and his public standing. It would earn him enemies on the left and the right, make him reviled, and nearly send him to jail. But Ali stood his ground. And his victory helped us get used to the America we recognize today.

He wasn’t perfect, of course. For all his magic in the ring, he could be careless with his words, and full of contradictions as his faith evolved. But his wonderful, infectious, even innocent spirit ultimately won him more fans than foes – maybe because in him, we hoped to see something of ourselves. Later, as his physical powers ebbed, he became an even more powerful force for peace and reconciliation around the world. We saw a man who said he was so mean he’d make medicine sick reveal a soft spot, visiting children with illness and disability around the world, telling them they, too, could become the greatest. We watched a hero light a torch, and fight his greatest fight of all on the world stage once again; a battle against the disease that ravaged his body, but couldn’t take the spark from his eyes.

Muhammad Ali shook up the world. And the world is better for it. We are all better for it. Michelle and I send our deepest condolences to his family, and we pray that the greatest fighter of them all finally rests in peace.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Rest in Peace Ali..  not just everybody knows your name but will ever remember it.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ladies and Gmen, next potential Bond is…

Edit:

Best fit imo. Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Or

or

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top