• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04LadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

King’s Quest ‘2015’ (All The Positive Talk)

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

EP3 is definetly pretty great and I agree it’s an improvement over the EP2. This is how KQ games should look: colorful. The story was great and I really liked what they did with the princesses. And Grahams new looks suited him better.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yeah, ep3 was a step up from 2. I wish it was longer, maybe 2 more “dates”/excursions with the girls to develop the relationship further being an episodic game is understandable.

Favorite moments:

Cedric cameo, he has to show up in the next episode just to say the infamous line
The social game. It’s easy to break but was fun
The pun battle with Val and the shoot the goblin contest - “that was mine”
The building a cart with Nessa
The saccharine but lovely ending - awesome
Hagatha story arc was also good

Choices:

Neesa of course, she was just adorable Smile
Also the blanket an the lute

The lute playing mechanic remindend me of the Order of Thorne - King’s Challenge game

The story is going interesting places. I wonder if in the last episode we will play as old Graham with the granddaughter for one final adventure
I can already see teary-eye moment Tongue

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

also nice to see: kq is currently #70 on steams top seller list. Not exactly great, but certainly a sign that the new episode helped to up some sales.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Oh yeah. I loved Cedric cameo. Old Graham’s comments about “wanting to see the owl get it” were just comedy gold.

I also agree about Agatha’s story. They really did manage to flesh her out very well.

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2014-10-17

PM

I absolutely loved the 3 chapter! it was amazing!
I had so much fun playing it. it’s been along time since a game made me feel anything XD

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I enjoyed it. It was short, but fun.

I liked that it used Girl in the Tower, but only the chorus (and not the verses, which are Cassima’s theme). That was a nice touch.

I’m a bit surprised that the overarching plot chooses to focus on (presumably) Manannan and Mordack, since we know they’ll both get offed off-screen. Although I guess Manannan could somehow get de-catified (by doing something involving Alex’s daughter Gwendolyn??) just in time for one last adventure?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 27 April 2016 10:17 AM

Cedric cameo, he has to show up in the next episode just to say the infamous line

Well, there’s an achievement called “A Poisonous Snake!” that only very few people have unlocked, so it might have been in this episode…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 27 April 2016 05:45 PM

I’m a bit surprised that the overarching plot chooses to focus on (presumably) Manannan and Mordack, since we know they’ll both get offed off-screen. Although I guess Manannan could somehow get de-catified (by doing something involving Alex’s daughter Gwendolyn??) just in time for one last adventure?

I’m thinking Manannan gets de-catified, Gart probably is a pawn somewhere in a scheme, he seems to have some plan

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 27 April 2016 06:19 PM

Well, there’s an achievement called “A Poisonous Snake!” that only very few people have unlocked, so it might have been in this episode…

Just read a guide and went unlock it. Funny one, worth checking it out. To unlock keep trying to go right in the beginning of the game in the third screen.4 or 5 times

Maybe I should pay more attention to the achievements if they have these cool easter eggs Smile

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

That was a great episode. I ended up with V but wasn’t really trying for one or the other. Now I immediately want to replay and go all out for Neese.

Does anyone know if you use Chester’s portrait when Graham enacts the spell on his own, do you end up in town? Or at the beach?

The music had me crying at the end.

I really liked what they did with Hagatha, and also like how the Manny storyline is turning into an overarching thing. [spoiler]So Manny is Manannan and the other guy is his brother, Mordack? Manny is a goblin and the brother is a human raised by goblins? The brother is the one we saw at the end of chapter 2 looking at the “baby switch” thing in the book? I wasn’t completely following what was going on there but after that ending, it’s making more sense. I think Hagatha called the brother Mordack but she was a little hard to understand sometimes.

Do we know what the spell Hagatha gave the brother is supposed to do? I can’t remember if she said.

Oh, also, adventuring rope! When that came up again at the very end I laughed out loud.

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

fov - 29 April 2016 01:11 AM

Does anyone know if you use Chester’s portrait when Graham enacts the spell on his own, do you end up in town? Or at the beach?

They all take you to the same place.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

Yeah, ep3 was a step up from 2. I wish it was longer, maybe 2 more “dates”/excursions with the girls to develop the relationship further being an episodic game is understandable.

Favorite moments:

The social game. It’s easy to break but was fun
The pun battle with Val and the shoot the goblin contest - “that was mine”
The building a cart with Nessa
The saccharine but lovely ending - awesome
Hagatha story arc was also good

Choices:

Neesa of course, she was just adorable Smile
Also the blanket an the lute

The lute playing mechanic remindend me of the Order of Thorne - King’s Challenge game

The story is going interesting places. I wonder if in the last episode we will play as old Graham with the granddaughter for one final adventure
I can already see teary-eye moment Tongue

I really fell in love with Neese. Watching that relationship blossom was neat. Every good king needs a light in their life like her, to keep the heavy dark of responsibility at bay.

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2014-06-27

PM

Finally i got my revenge with that ANNOYING OWL Naughty

One of many joyful moments in this new series.

But i do wish there would be more exploring to do, i miss exploring those wonderful lands like Kolyma, Tamir, etc.
Hopefully the following chapters will be more like CH. 1 in that regard.

I also hope the series is successful enough so that they release other seasons as well
(adventures of Rosella pretty please? Heart )

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Ok, I’m again going to gush about this game. Each chapter is better than the next (but then I’m one of the few who really liked the chapter 2). I really hope they’re successful enough to release other seasons. I’d buy the season pass the minute it comes out (on the contrary to TellTale where I wait for the bundles).

The social game was really a lot of fun, also loved building the cart with neese It was hard to choose between Neese and Vee but in the end I chose Neese. I’ll replay it soon with Vee.

This chapter was short but with the replayability of each chapter I’m at 23 hours (5 hours for chapter 3) according to Steam so I’m not complaining.

EDIT: I’ve now replayed it to try to go after Vee. One thing I keep thinking is that they’ve done so much work on the art. It’s very cinematic but it’s a bit of a pity that it’s not used more for puzzles. Since, they already have the art assets, I feel they probably could have made the game a bit longer by adding some more puzzles.

Total Posts: 1642

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I loved episode 1, thought it was a blast and just the right length. im going to wait on the rest of the episodes to come out to finish the game though. I was sad to see most folks hate episode 2, but it seems to be back on track now, which is good. I just hope the episodes dont get too short, but episode 1 was already like 5 hrs for me, and i have always said the best adventure games are about 10 to 12 hrs total. so if the remaining 4 episodes reach that, than I think the price point I paid is more than fair

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top