• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Freddy Pharkas - laughing gas—unwinnable situation?

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2005-01-20

PM

Subbi, it’s not a game, I can tell you that much. But that’s pretty much all I can tell you!

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

I got a great deal for an in-box version of this on ebay…I won the auction for $0.99 plus shipping! Strangely, I was the only bidder, and other sellers were listing the same game for “Buy it Now” prices of between $5 and $25.

I think the seller’s intent was to indicate the jewel case had never even been opened, although the box had been. Here’s a photo of the auction item:

But check out the box contents, which are in immaculate condition:

Notice how the jewel case is “sealed”, but the CD’s game title insert is outside the case? Did it really come that way from the factory, or do you suppose the case has actually been…ahem…resealed?

Regardless, now that I have it, I gotta go figure out how to install it into DOSbox so I can play it! Onward, Ho!!

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Congratulations! One of my all time favorite games. I have the original 3.5” floppy version. I don’t know if there is a difference in setting up DOSbox between the two.  There used to be a fan site for FPFP that offered all sorts of information regarding setting up the game. I’d Google Freddy Pharkus Frontier Pharmacist, and see what pops up.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Mike the Wino - 16 March 2016 01:00 PM

Notice how the jewel case is “sealed”, but the CD’s game title insert is outside the case? Did it really come that way from the factory, or do you suppose the case has actually been…ahem…resealed?

Nah. Do you really think the seller would go to all that trouble and then offer it for $0.99? I’ve often bought new games (box sealed, not nessarily at ebay either) with separate booklets and/or inlays. Why do something for customers they can do themselves… Smile

And why are you worrying about this when you got the game for $0.99 and are going to open the jewel case anyway? The CD should be in mint condition, that’s all that matters.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top