• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDaleIronCretinJdawg445kanaifurtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Best YouTube adventure game (old school too) reviews, let’s play, commentary, etc?

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

I’ve been watching YouTube reviews from Pushing up Roses and enjoying it. Anyone else have some suggestions for other YouTube channels focusing on adventure game reviews, including those from the old school days, and let’s plays and commentary, basically anything adventure game related. Thanks!

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

102 views and nothing? No one watches Youtube adventure game stuff?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I appreciate all the people that go to the trouble of submitting walkthroughs/let’s play that I probably on balance use more for quiz answers or looking for screenshots than helping me through a game! It’s only on occasion that I will refer to a review before buying a game & never from You Tube (sorry!) although it seems a good way to go if clips of the game are included!
As I remember Pushing Up Roses seemed to do a pretty good walkthrough for Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon judging from the parts I accessed but I can’t help thinking that if you want to promote particular You Tube contributors then this thread may get more response in ‘Chit Chat’!    Smile

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Here are some I thought were interesting

Dilandau3000—Let’s Play’s with commentary—Myst games, older Sierra,TLJ
https://www.youtube.com/user/Dilandau3000/playlists

J.B. Lewis—Let’s Play’s with commentary—the RHEM games
https://www.youtube.com/user/thetopcrusader2/playlists

LateBlt—Let’s Plays—some games are Apple IIgs versions, such as KQ123, all games except PQ3 have commentary
https://www.youtube.com/user/LateBlt/playlists

123Pazu—Walkthroughs and Playthroughs—adventure games and casual games, some with commentary and some not, adventures include older ones like Noir: A Shadowy Thriller and Black Dahlia
https://www.youtube.com/user/123Pazu/playlists

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

He has basically stopped reviewing but AdventureReviews was good.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Let’s Play and youtube personalities make me feel old Mini Frown  because I can’t see the appeal in them…

I do appreciate them when I’m looking for a specific scene of game

Edit: Oh wait, this is about youtube small reviews. Those I mostly like

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 13 February 2016 10:13 AM

Let’s Play and youtube personalities make me feel old Mini Frown  because I can’t see the appeal in them…

I do appreciate them when I’m looking for a specific scene of game

Edit: Oh wait, this is about youtube small reviews. Those I mostly like

Make yours seriously with commentary.
123pazu i follow for unusual AGs.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2013-06-29

PM

Pushing Up Roses and Lazy Game Reviews both do adventure games semi-frequently and are experienced with the genre. They’re also both incredibly likable people. Smile

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2007-04-03

PM

SK-IP TO THE GOOD BITS
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTouAZPeGproeWxfm5IBtFg

Relaxed British lilt and a good sense of humor. He deserves way more than the 20 subs he currently has, and I’m not just saying that because he’s LPing Prominence.

Check out his playlists for Anna’s Quest, Dreamfall, Firewatch, J.U.L.I.A., The Longest Journey, Stasis, SOMA, Technobabylon, and a few others.

Mike Morrison // Digital Media Workshop // Prominence developer

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

wilco - 13 February 2016 10:13 AM

Yeah I can sort of relate, but! When you spend hours and hours working and it cuts heavily into your play time, it’s great when you can vicariously experience games you wouldn’t otherwise have the time to play through, and adventures are a particularly good fit for LPs.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

One of the funniest Let’s plays I’ve ever seen is for Fable (1996), and the greatest thing is that it’s all without a spoken word - but in the form of annotations!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Caliburn - 13 February 2016 10:13 AM

He has basically stopped reviewing but AdventureReviews was good.

He has such a soothing voice, it`s a pleasure listening to his reviews. It`s a pity that he stopped.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2007-01-17

PM

I had uploaded old IE (interactive entertainment) cd-roms previews and reviews videos which was a gaming mag released on a cd-rom that lasted nearly 2 years in the mid-90s - the height of the fmv era. Old school games from an old school gaming preview & reviews.

It’s not a let’s play videos in nowadays since cd-roms were just new during those days and there’s only so much they can put on a cd-rom. Their reviews can be fairly amusing which covered a lot of genres during that time - RPG , sports , adventure etc.

A couple of review samples for adventure games -

Maabus (1994)

Noctropolis (1994)

Star Trek : A final unity (1994)

Frankenstein (1994)

Phantasmagoria (1995)

Gabriel Knight II (1996)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top