• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Firewatch by Campo Santo

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Damn some okish reviews , and then some bad stuttering on ps4.
Should i go Unravel and Witness way.
Dilemma ensues

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 08 February 2016 01:26 PM

Dilemma ensues

Firewatch for me. Unravel is looking a bit like the pretty platformer that wears thin fast, going to wait for the sale on that one.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 08 February 2016 01:26 PM

Dilemma ensues

It has a metacritic of 83 and PC and 80 on PS4, so I would say it’s pretty good. I personally am probably going the Witness/Firewatch route, but I am waiting a little till I clear more of my piling backlog.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

Surprised Firewatch hasn’t been covered on here yet! Looks brilliant. The only game i’ve been anticipating for quite some time.

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2014-06-27

PM

Firewatch was great! Even after watching the introduction i was already emotionally involved with my character, i don’t think that has ever happened to me. The whole game is an emotional rollercoaster and like a good book you wish i wouldn’t end.

Unfortunately it’s also rather short and once you know the story there isn’t much value in replaying the game some other time.
But still it’s yet another great adventure with a unique way of storytelling.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Also finished it (5h). It’s good, i was disappointed at the general lack of exploration but anyone going in for a more story-driven experience (like Gone Home) will probably like it.
I like what they did with the graphics, kind on cartoony looking but with very beautiful environments.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Anyone play Unravel yet? Want to get some thoughts before purchasing. Thanks

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Some people are finishing it in 4 hrs.

Production seems topnotch.
Still torn on ps4 ver.
:p

Bonsai - 10 February 2016 11:58 AM

Anyone play Unravel yet? Want to get some thoughts before purchasing. Thanks

Puzzles are on the easy side, thoughtful moments , great scandanavian music.
15$ is best price unless you want to support him.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Had no problems with the PC version but from what I read the PS4 is rough. Like pre patch Dreamfall Chapters.
About the game, I pretty much agree with the adventuregamers review posted today.

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

The PS4 version is not the best.  Framerate is probably most consistently around the low 20s and dips at times to more like 15 or so.  It also froze once during my playthrough of it.  For the style of game that it is, it doesn’t really hurt it that much but it is annoying, and while it’s a good-looking game I don’t think there’s enough on screen to warrant that low level of framerate.  Probably one of those “get the game out there patch it later” deals.

Ignoring that, the game is overall like a solid 8 out of 10 type game.  It starts excellently with emotional punch, does a nice job of building tension, but the last 20% or so of it unfortunately doesn’t stick the landing and for a game as short as this is(took roughly 4-5 hrs) that looms large as a negative.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

HitBattousai - 12 February 2016 03:46 AM

The PS4 version is not the best.  Framerate is probably most consistently around the low 20s and dips at times to more like 15 or so.  It also froze once during my playthrough of it.  For the style of game that it is, it doesn’t really hurt it that much but it is annoying, and while it’s a good-looking game I don’t think there’s enough on screen to warrant that low level of framerate.  Probably one of those “get the game out there patch it later” deals.

Ignoring that, the game is overall like a solid 8 out of 10 type game.  It starts excellently with emotional punch, does a nice job of building tension, but the last 20% or so of it unfortunately doesn’t stick the landing and for a game as short as this is(took roughly 4-5 hrs) that looms large as a negative.

Word is that its Unity5 compatibility with ps4 hurting it, like Growhome.
Unity5 runs butter on mid pc but different scene on ps4.

inb4 advie coming in to order me that i cant mention Growhome and goto general forums

Wink

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2005-12-19

PM

I’d been waiting for Firewatch since the dev team first announced it. Loved the premise, loved the art, everything about it seemed perfect.

However, when I started playing it, I couldn’t help but be somewhat underwhelmed. I’d already seen what I thought was great about Firewatch in the very first videos the team released. When the promised “mystery” started to wind up, it felt so unbelievable it almost seemed silly.

However, it was the final moments of the game that put everything in perspective. I have a feeling the ending of Firewatch is going to stay with me for quite some time—probably for the same reason why many felt it was underwhelming. In the end, (light spoiler) Firewatch doesn’t indulge in cheap mysticism or romanticism. There is no happy ending, no running away from your problems, and no one to solve them for you.

The only other game I remember that did something similar for me was Life is Strange (and maybe Journey, in a way). Campo Santo made something special.

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2016-01-21

PM

Why no Firewatch review on the site?

For me I am not a fan of walking simulators, but it is one of 3 games which does the “walking simulator” thing RIGHT. The other two are Gone Home and Dear Ester.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

GrahamDaventry - 08 May 2016 03:19 AM

You obviously haven’t looked hard enough.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2016-01-21

PM

Karlok - 08 May 2016 03:52 AM
GrahamDaventry - 08 May 2016 03:19 AM

You obviously haven’t looked hard enough.

Huh? Show me where it is?

No review here http://www.adventuregamers.com/games/view/29551

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top