• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Her Story

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

nomadsoul - 18 August 2015 08:38 AM

Please watch Fightclub and Identity

Why? Is that about someone who doesn’t recognize themself in the mirror?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

nomadsoul - 09 July 2015 09:41 AM

Most of the people at Gamespot in my camp.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2xav0r_the-story-behind-her-story-spoilers_videogames

I just don’t see this. The reason Hannah flew off the handle is because, while impersonating Eve, he gave her the the same gift that he had already given Hannah. Why would Simon present her with a gift that she already owned. Or are we to believe that Simon believed he was having an affair even though it was actually the same woman?

Also, when Simon first meets Eve, he comments on her tattoo (apple/snake) and guesses her name based on that. Obviously he’d recognize his own goddamn wife’s tattoo so that makes no sense.

Yeah, the split-personality theory sucks. GTFO with that.[/spoiler]

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 18 August 2015 08:59 AM
nomadsoul - 18 August 2015 08:38 AM

Please watch Fightclub and Identity

Why? Is that about someone who doesn’t recognize themself in the mirror?

Much more twisted, i m sure you will find this game more interesting or atleast will be more rich to dissect the plot either way.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Frogacuda - 18 August 2015 10:02 AM
nomadsoul - 09 July 2015 09:41 AM

Most of the people at Gamespot in my camp.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2xav0r_the-story-behind-her-story-spoilers_videogames

I just don’t see this. The reason Hannah flew off the handle is because, while impersonating Eve, he gave her the the same gift that he had already given Hannah. Why would Simon present her with a gift that she already owned. Or are we to believe that Simon believed he was having an affair even though it was actually the same woman?

Also, when Simon first meets Eve, he comments on her tattoo (apple/snake) and guesses her name based on that. Obviously he’d recognize his own goddamn wife’s tattoo so that makes no sense.

Yeah, the split-personality theory sucks. GTFO with that.[/spoiler]

How do you know about Simon, his comments, any records, or just Her version, that you are treating as a fact.

GTFO?

I envy you and all those who can use swearing here, if i would have used that , usual mods had threatened to ban me already.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I mean obviously, there’s a case of a somewhat unreliable (or if your theory holds a very unreliable) narrator here, but if the mechanism of that unreliability is just dissociative identity, then there’s no reason to think that her accounts of how others interact with her should be impaired, so she’d have to be deliberately lying and I see no reason why she would in that particular instance.

nomadsoul - 18 August 2015 01:45 PM

GTFO?

I envy you and all those who can use swearing here, if i would have used that , usual mods had threatened to ban me already.

Swearing? I meant Get The Fudge Out, obviously. Gosh.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Karlok - 18 August 2015 08:54 AM

[spoiler]It’s Eve who is tapping Bye Hannah.

[spoiler]Why do you think that?  Go back and watch that clip and the ones before it again. (using the youtube video of all the scenes in order helps a lot) Hannah and Eve have very different personalities (Hannah is much more shy while Eve is more outgoing).  Hannah is acting very shy and uncomfortable in that whole interview, and even tells a story just before that tapping about this one time that she wanted to drown Eve because she was more popular with boys.  She also has her sleeve’s rolled up pretty high, and no tattoo is visible.

[spoiler]More than anything, I’m 100% convinced that that is Hannah.  So therefore her tapping “Bye Hannah” to herself while lying there in that weird pose, to me, is more evidence of the multiple personalities.  And her mental illness in general.

So why did Eve stop pretending to be Hannah in the last interview? She tells the detectives all about the twin stuff only because she was found out by the lie detector test? Highly unlikely, she must have planned it before she came in, it’s her escape route after Hannah got real angry with the detectives for mentioning twins. And her behavior doesn’t change one bit, she’s not a woman who has been found out and now starts confessing the crimes of her sister. Then why not tell the lie detector she’s Eve?

[spoiler]I don’t think Eve is pretending at all.  Both of them honestly believe the other personality is their twin, and all of that history is the backstory that Hannah’s brain has convinced herself of to make it possible for her to have a twin that no one else knows about.

[spoiler]As for why she’d say the wrong name, the Eve personality is use to always pretending to be Hannah.  This is how things work for them.  (this part is again the same if they’re really different people or not)

[spoiler]Ah, but the text message said: Do you understand now why your mother did what she did?  You can’t use your interpretation of those very amiguous words as proof of MPD.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I’m not saying it’s proof, just that that’s what I believe.  That Sarah was there to find out why her mother killed her father.  That would obviously make for a much stronger story emotionally then Sarah being there to find out why her mother covered for her sister.  (The answer to that would seem pretty obvious anyway.)

[spoiler]“But there’s all kinds of other clues too.  When Hannah first got pregnant all of a sudden her sister’s periods stopped too?  ... Huh?”

Identical twins share the weirdest physical and mental stuff.

[spoiler]I don’t buy that as an explanation for a second.  If one twin gets pregnant that doesn’t stop the menstrual cycle of the other one.

[spoiler]Are we really supposed to believe that the personality Hannah will disappear for ever and her made-up, split-off “twin” Eve is taking over for good? For one thing, that’s not how MPD works. The real personality remains the first one. IMO it would make much more sense for Hannah to put the blame for the murder on her persona Eve.

[spoiler]No, I don’t think Hannah is gone for good.  Eve just thinks Hannah has gone into hiding.  Just like how Hannah imagined that Eve was living in her parents attic after she left (when really I think just the Hannah personality was active during that period of time).

[spoiler]As for the second part, you’re again thinking that my theory is that Hannah / Eve are aware they are different personalities, and this is a plan of theirs to blame the other one.  I don’t believe that at all.  I think they genuinely believe that the other personality is a different person.

Ahhhh .... so many spoiler boxes.  We can’t discuss this game at all without spoiling.  :-)

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Detective Mosely - 18 August 2015 11:19 PM

More than anything, I’m 100% convinced that that is Hannah.  So therefore her tapping “Bye Hannah” to herself while lying there in that weird pose, to me, is more evidence of the multiple personalities.

Yes, that’s Hannah, I agree. But she’s tapping LOVEU in that weird pose. It’s Eve in the very last interview who taps BYEHANNAH.

I don’t think Eve is pretending at all.  Both of them honestly believe the other personality is their twin, and all of that history is the backstory that Hannah’s brain has convinced herself of to make it possible for her to have a twin that no one else knows about.

There is no evidence that Hannah thinks they’re twins. On the contrary, the few times she mentions Eve she calls her a friend. It’s Eve who has many slips of the tongue, talks about “we” instead of “I”.

[spoiler]As for why she’d say the wrong name, the Eve personality is use to always pretending to be Hannah.  This is how things work for them.  (this part is again the same if they’re really different people or not)

Hm. Possible. Find it hard to believe. She’s connected to a lie detector.

I don’t buy that as an explanation for a second.  If one twin gets pregnant that doesn’t stop the menstrual cycle of the other one.

It’s amazing what’s physically possible when one twin has strong emotions about the other twin. Or even non-twins. Like a false pregnancy, swollen belly and all. Remember Honey in Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? But I agree that it’s implausable. One of the many implausible things in the game.

No, I don’t think Hannah is gone for good.  Eve just thinks Hannah has gone into hiding.  Just like how Hannah imagined that Eve was living in her parents attic after she left (when really I think just the Hannah personality was active during that period of time).

We don’t know if Hannah has the same memories or what she imagines, whether she’s a twin or not. If Hannah is suffering from MPD, she may not even be aware that Eve as a split-off part imagines herself as Hannah’s twin.

As for the second part, you’re again thinking that my theory is that Hannah / Eve are aware they are different personalities, and this is a plan of theirs to blame the other one.  I don’t believe that at all.  I think they genuinely believe that the other personality is a different person.

Okay. It was, still is, one of my own objections to the MPD interpretation.

BTW, what about the unexplained fingerprints the police found in the bedroom? Points to twins cause Simon took Eve home.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Karlok - 19 August 2015 07:28 AM

Yes, that’s Hannah, I agree. But she’s tapping LOVEU in that weird pose. It’s Eve in the very last interview who taps BYEHANNAH.

Oooh, okay.  My bad.  I thought those were the same scene.

Though still I think her tapping to herself in both scenes implies something.

There is no evidence that Hannah thinks they’re twins. On the contrary, the few times she mentions Eve she calls her a friend. It’s Eve who has many slips of the tongue, talks about “we” instead of “I”.

That doesn’t do anything to change my theory though.  My guess is that [spoiler]both Hannah and Eve believe they are twins that are pretending to live the same life.  So when Hannah is saying things like that she’s just trying to cover up what she believes to be the truth (that she has a twin that sometimes lives her life for her).

[spoiler]So there’s lots of cross over there between both theories, but then some extra stuff that points to MPD over the twins being separate.  (and many extra unplausable parts in the twins theory, such as the midwife stealing the twin and living across the street all that time with no one knowing, a girl living in the attic for years with the parents not knowing, and then a grown woman doing the same)

[spoiler]Another little detail that keeps both theories open is the fact that they said they used a detailed diary to share everything that happened when they were sharing a life, instead of just telling each other.  Clearly the developers at least intended for people to wonder if there is MPD involved here.  Them regularly avoiding saying anything that rules it out is not an accident.  And it would be pretty strange to intentionally write the story so that it’s very plausible from beginning to end when it’s not intended to be true.

Karlok - 19 August 2015 07:28 AM

BTW, what about the unexplained fingerprints the police found in the bedroom? Points to twins cause Simon took Eve home.

[spoiler]Right.  The first time through I totally thought that was the twins.  But after I started strongly suspecting MPD I went back and rewatched those scenes and there’s nothing definitive stated.  The police even say that they’re going to run the prints on the coffee / tea cups to see if they’re the same (so clearly they’re suspecting twins at that point), but they never share the result, so we don’t know what they found out.

[spoiler]So again, the developers are purposely leaving the MPD possibility open.  Going out of their way to do so really.  Combined with everything else, and my previous point that it makes for a much more powerful story emotionally for Sarah to be trying to find out why her mom killed her dad (when it’s really really complicated, if the MPD is true), than Sarah trying to find out why her mom covered for her sister, which seems to have an obvious answer, and doesn’t require Sarah digging around in old video files at all.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I just heard someone on Dutch public radio talk about Her Story! That is amazing and very special because Dutch public radio and TV almost never spend time on computer games and if they do it’s mostly about how violent they are and whether or not they are bad for young people. This person I heard talking about Her Story was very enthousiastic about it. The only thing he found unfortunate about it was that it is not free. That’s Dutch people for you Wink.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

tsa - 10 February 2016 07:43 AM

I just heard someone on Dutch public radio talk about Her Story! That is amazing and very special because Dutch public radio and TV almost never spend time on computer games and if they do it’s mostly about how violent they are and whether or not they are bad for young people. This person I heard talking about Her Story was very enthousiastic about it. The only thing he found unfortunate about it was that it is not free. That’s Dutch people for you Wink.

What radio station? And why was it brought up?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top