• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Full Throttle remastered announced

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Not surprising at this point but there it is. Announced at the PSX

PS4/Vita and most likely PC

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Cool. Not surprising though.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Grim, DotT, Pshychonauts and now Full Throttle, all my favorite games are coming back in style Thumbs Up

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Well, it was expected.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Yes Yes Yes!! Grim, DoTT, Full Throttle, Broken Age, Psychonauts 2. Good times, thanks Double Fine Smile

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Oh yeahhhhh, gimme

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Great news!  Cool

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I loved the origonal so I will most certainly be getting this game as soon as it is released.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2013-08-11

PM

This is one of my favourite games. Soundtrack from this game was epic. I wonder if it will also be remastered.

Shadow Of Nebula is an adventure game set in science fiction world mixed with cyberpunk that tells a story of lonely star courier - Coming soon on steam - http://www.shadowofnebula.com/

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2003-12-26

PM

I must say I’m pretty disappointed with these recent developments. I mean, it’s nice someone is giving attention to these games, but I really don’t feel these re-makes are necessary. I just recently (one year and half a year ago respectively) played both Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle using scummvm and the experience was great. I would be much happier if sequels, or more adventure games of similar style were developed instead.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Exactly right Matan. It might be different if these remakes were done by the same people as the original, but they aren’t. Imagine if War and Peace was re-written or Rembrandt’s Night Watch was repainted to make it look ‘better’. For some reason games are seen to be different, or not art at all, so that they are subject to infinite ‘improvement’ as technology is updated.

For those who are excited by this release, why play it at all when in 20 years time we’ll be sure to see another remaster featuring 4D hyper-particulated de-antitropographed ultra-quantum graphics mode, which will put both the inferior original and this remake to shame.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Replay it once every couple of years. Still as tightly-scripted an adventure game I’ve ever come across.

Doesn’t need a remaster in my view, but if it’ll get more people exposed to it then good.

But honestly? I’m just not that excited by remasters anymore.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Oscar - 06 December 2015 11:01 PM

Exactly right Matan. It might be different if these remakes were done by the same people as the original, but they aren’t. Imagine if War and Peace was re-written or Rembrandt’s Night Watch was repainted to make it look ‘better’. For some reason games are seen to be different, or not art at all, so that they are subject to infinite ‘improvement’ as technology is updated.

For those who are excited by this release, why play it at all when in 20 years time we’ll be sure to see another remaster featuring 4D hyper-particulated de-antitropographed ultra-quantum graphics mode, which will put both the inferior original and this remake to shame.

Are you ever happy?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’m happy with the original. Are you?

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Not particularly bothed. It gets rid of the pixel artstyle that I’m not a big fan of and cleans up clunky UI which is nice. If you don’t want to play this, then don’t.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Why am I being attacked for expressing an opinion? If you have something to say about my comment that is relevant to the topic, then do so. Implying I am some kind of misanthrope for merely giving an opinion is a personal attack and way out of line.

PS: I have notified the mods of your harassment and hope you will refrain from such behavior in future.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top