• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 24 November No Change

7 Emerald City Confidential Sefir (leader) Tim, TimoviemMan, Becky, furgotten, Lady Kestrel, millenia
5 Fright Tim (leader) TimovieMan, furgotten, chrissie, Becky
4 Shiver - Poltergeist Tim (leader) TimovieMan, chrissie, millenia
3 Beyond Light Advent Becky (leader) Tim, furgotten
3 Eternal Journey: New AtlantisLady Kestrel (leader) Tim, chrissie
3 Azada in Libro Sefir (leader) Tim, Becky
3 Lost Lands - The Golden Curse Dara100, Tim, Becky
1 Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Tim (leader)
1 Calavera - Day of the Dead Tim (leader)

We still have a few regulars, plus a few newbies who have failed to check in.

I noticed that the AGCPT seems to be drawing to a close. Unfortunately, the players that play our playthroughs are not among the early finishers. That includes me, Becky, Iznogood et al.

Because Thursday is a holiday in the US, I’m going to keep the voting open until Midnight on Saturday, November 23. That should allow anyone who is playing ASA to check in if they haven’t already done so.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Sorry I have been a CPT drop-out. I haven’t had enough time lately and I don’t think it’s fair to vote when I probably won’t play. Maybe the next round. Have fun!

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It has to be official by now! With no new votes in, let’s just say for a looooong time, Emerald City Confidential is the winner.

I just checked the ECC/AGSotD thread, and it had over 1000 views. That has to be some kind of Guiness record???

Whenever Sefir is ready, it’s a go!

I’m already loaded and ready to go.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 28 November 2015 09:20 PM

I’m already loaded and ready to go.

So am I. Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

rtrooney - 28 November 2015 09:20 PM

Emerald City Confidential is the winner.

I’ll open the appropriate thread tomorrow.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I’m ready also.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Wondering if it’s time for a new playthrough. It’s been a while since we finished Emerald City Confidential. (Hard to make judgments, but I think it was the best playthrough so far.)

The AGCPT is coming into its endgame. So we have several, (maybe many,) weeks to nominate, vote and play without worrying about competition.

If you think it is time, let me know.

Aside to TimovieMan: Do you think it is possible, or even wise, to pare down this thread to the most recent two or three voting sequences, and archiving what came before?

Second aside: Several of you know that, after a hiatus of 30+ years, I started playing guitar again about a year and a half ago. Among the first songs I wanted to add to my portfolio were those by the Eagles. I’ve mastered about seven of them. So now I feel how those of you who mourned the loss of David Bowie feel. Glen Frey, founder of the Eagles with Don Hendley, died today. I feel very sad. He was only a year younger than me.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m just back from my Theatre in London trip and ready to start something.  I have to think about what I want to nominate.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 18 January 2016 08:54 PM

Aside to TimovieMan: Do you think it is possible, or even wise, to pare down this thread to the most recent two or three voting sequences, and archiving what came before?

No problem. It’ll be similar to the archive system for the “regular” AG CPT.

Edit: done! Here’s the archive.

Second aside: Several of you know that, after a hiatus of 30+ years, I started playing guitar again about a year and a half ago. Among the first songs I wanted to add to my portfolio were those by the Eagles. I’ve mastered about seven of them. So now I feel how those of you who mourned the loss of David Bowie feel. Glen Frey, founder of the Eagles with Don Hendley, died today. I feel very sad. He was only a year younger than me.

RIP Glenn Frey.

Mastering 7 Eagles-songs is really good, Tim. They have outstanding guitar work, and none of it is easy. About Glenn Frey, I have to admit that I think Joe Walsh is by far the better guitar player, though. Frey is great, but Walsh is a genius.

(And as a completely unrelated side-remark: I was named after the Eagles’ bass player Timothy B. Schmit - although it was more a case of my parents going over my dad’s LPs to find suitable names, and less of actually being named after him specifically)

As for a new voting round: I would like to renominate Shiver 2: Poltergeist and Fright, and I’d like to propose Clockwork Tales - Of Glass and Ink and Echoes of Sorrow as new possibilities.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’d like to renominate

Beyond: Light Advent

and I’d like to vote for

Fright.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 19 January 2016 06:32 AM

Mastering 7 Eagles-songs is really good, Tim. They have outstanding guitar work, and none of it is easy. About Glenn Frey, I have to admit that I think Joe Walsh is by far the better guitar player, though. Frey is great, but Walsh is a genius.

Actually, I think their long-time guitarist, Steuart Smith, is better than either Frey or Walsh.

I will start the voting/nominating post later this afternoon.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 19 January

The current nominations are a bit of a carryover from the last vote. The following games received at least one vote and had a leader. The last two games also had leaders, Lady Kestrel for the first and sefir for the second. But I can’t volunteer for them. Grin

Put your thinking caps on! Decide what games you would like to nominate and play. Remember, if you nominate a game, you should, at the very least, consider leading it.

I’m looking forward to another great playthrough. Although it will be hard to top the last one.

3 Fright Tim (leader) TimovieMan, Becky
2 Shiver - Poltergeist Tim (leader) TimovieMan
2 Beyond Light Advent Becky (leader) Tim
1 Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Tim (leader)
  Eternal Journey: New Atlantis
  Azada in Libro

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ll vote for Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen but will try & join in with whatever’s voted time permitting!

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I could lead Eternal Journey: New Atlantis, and I would play Beyond Light Advent and Shiver: Poltergeist.  If I can get my new computer set up in time, Fright would be an option, but don’t count my vote now.  I have a miserable cold and can’t deal with anything complicated right now because there’s a furry badger in my head.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 19 January (Last for the day)

The current nominations are a bit of a carryover from the last vote. The following games received at least one vote and had a leader. The last game also had a leader, sefir. But I can’t volunteer for him. Grin

Put your thinking caps on! Decide what games you would like to nominate and play. Remember, if you nominate a game, you should, at the very least, consider leading it.

I’m looking forward to another great playthrough. Although it will be hard to top the last one.

3 Fright Tim (leader) TimovieMan, Becky
3 Shiver - Poltergeist Tim (leader) TimovieMan, Lady K
3 Beyond Light Advent Becky (leader) Tim, Lady K
2 Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Tim (leader) chrissie
2 Eternal Journey: New Atlantis Lady Kestrel (leader) Tim
  Azada in Libra

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top