• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Room

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I purchased this yesterday. Now to find some time to play.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

In chapter 5 (probably the last?), so far I like this more than the original. The original relied a lot on pixel hunting variations, this one has a lot more diverse mechanics. The level themes are also a nice touch.
My only gripe is the “align the symbol” section in the end, which is considerably more difficult than in the first game. Also I’m awful at these 3D things.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

gray pierce - 12 December 2013 05:10 AM

YOU’RE TEARING ME APART SMULAN!!!

(Sorry couldn’t resist)

Btw: I did not play this game yet. I did not play this game yet. I did not play…

Oh hi Oscar

Oh hi Colpet

Oh hi: Lucien21

Oh hi: Wilco

Oh hi: Hamsterzen

Wanna play football?

Wink

Even if no one else got this, I did.  Yum

Every time I see this thread I’m reminded again of that horrible movie.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/09/03/the-room-three-hits-ios-android-in-spring-2015/

Room III coming Spring 2015

Oh Yeeahhhh!!

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The Room III - Clean Harder

They should get to release the Room 2 on pc

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I had totally forgotten about this game. Checked and the two first games were available for android now, donwloading the first and checking it out sometime soon.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Definitely looking forward to this as the first two were great.

To be honest I don’t think the second was quite up to the standards of the first, but it was still a really good game. Hopefully more of the same in the third instalment.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

The Room Three is out! I’ve played the first chapter; it’s good (I’m liking it more than the second one for the moment). I’ve totally given up trying to understand the plot.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Hmmm can’t see it for Android yet, but pleased to hear it’s looking good!

Also on the plot, I think the series is funny in that I’m vaguely pleased that there is a plot rather than just a string of puzzles, but at the same time I literally don’t care about or try to follow what that plot is and it doesn’t detract at all from my enjoyment of the games! Tongue

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

And done! Terrific game; definitely the best of the series. Very big for a mobile game (took me 6 hours to complete), it has the breadth of the second one but sees the return of the magic and crazy puzzle boxes that made the charm of the first. There’s also a long string of optional puzzles leading to alternate endings. (The game creates a save before the point of no return, so you’re free to go back and look for the other endings; you do end up having to do the final puzzle 4 times, though, which is mildly annoying.)

Total Posts: 107

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Kurufinwe - 06 November 2015 10:29 AM

but sees the return of the magic and crazy puzzle boxes that made the charm of the first.

That’s good to hear! The puzzle boxes were great in the first one. Downloaded last night, hopefully get a chance to play this weekend.

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I concur with Kurunfinwe; I especially liked the more mechanical feel of many of the puzzles, whereas in the previous games there were a lot of “things happen” moments, here you can usually deduce what connects to what (either thematically or just by tracing the cables).

It took me 5 hours to finish the game, and another hour to unlock a second ending. Haven’t gotten the other two yet, but the first ending (imprisoned) was pretty well done and the second one (release) was kinda silly.

Total Posts: 107

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

This was very good but think I still prefer the first game. Best bit of this one for me was the string of optional puzzles leading to the alternate endings.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

I finished The Room 3 and loved it. The artistry of this series just blows me away. The meticulous detail, the imaginative mechanisms, the way they construct things so you just naturally want to push here and drag there, all amazing. The times I had to get a hint, they were always written obliquely enough to be a proper “hint”, and not a “how to”. Another aspect I liked was having just the right level of creepiness without being repulsive. I think my favorite puzzle was in the belfry above the clock, where you zoom in on the painting and have to rotate the scene to connect the path (like in Monument Valley). I went back for an alternate ending, but got the same as the first time, so now I’m not enthusiastic about trying again. Anyway, It was a generous length and I feel I really got my money’s worth. Now I just might go back and start with The Room (one) again.

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Got to 100% in 6.5 hours. There are some rough spots around the multiple endings (2 and 3 aren’t linearized so I got 3 then 2 but the machine said 2 then 3 which was confusing, and I think the doors to endings 2 and 3 are too similar which also really threw me off at first) but overall it’s a good concept that I really contributed. Now get on with the Room 4 since the last ending is an obvious sequel hook.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top