• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anna’s Quest

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I think I’m near the end. Nice story and fair, logical puzzles on the easy side. Unfortunately the English voice acting is poor, with a few exceptions (mainly minor parts). Sometimes it’s as if the translator and actors had different understandings of what the script meant, which is probably the case if they didn’t communicate. What happened to the quality performances from Night of the Rabbit?

I also think the graphics lack style and character, though I understand why they did the generic fairy-tale cartoon look.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Oscar - 21 November 2015 04:13 AM

Unfortunately the English voice acting is poor, with a few exceptions (mainly minor parts). Sometimes it’s as if the translator and actors had different understandings of what the script meant, which is probably the case if they didn’t communicate.

Wow!! I thought that the voice acting was supreme (with the exception of Ted of cource)!!!
All characters (most notably Anna and Winfriede) were spot on! And its review pretty much confirms it as well….
Surely the best voice acting Daedelic has ever done!!

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Anna? In a lot of her lines her emphasis is on the wrong words. The main character from Night of the Rabbit does a much better job, as does the rest of the cast. I also found many of the characters over-acted, which made them grate on me. But that is also because the game is extremely verbose to the point of absurdity, something which Daedelic does all too often.

A few characters I liked were the wizard in the prison, the gardener in the gallows, the church minister and Cindy. Unfortunately those are minor roles. Another sign of poor voice acting and/or direction is the way words are pronounced inconsistently. For example the word “Wyrd” in the game is said by half of the characters as “weird” (which is correct) and “word” as the other half.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

You do realise her emphasis on the wrong words is deliberate right? She’s a child younger than even Jeremy in NotR.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Sometimes it’s deliberate, other times you can tell it’s from not being told the context of the line. It’s not bad acting, more like poor direction. I actually like the voice and the choice of actor for the role. It’s very sweet and innocent.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I just finished this game and I completely loved it. The VO was hit or miss and some of the conversations were a little verbose, but the story, puzzles, characters and graphics were so lovely. A special nod to the puzzles that were challenging but not frustrating. Like Tad said, they were all super logical. I also love the fairy tale bits and the tons of easter eggs to other games and TV shows.

Emotionally, I was going through some tough health issues this week, but this game really brightened my mood. I really hope it sells well so we can enjoy a sequel set in that beautiful fairy tale world.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

SoccerDude28—sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope you’re feeling better!

I also just finished this game. I was enchanted for the first three hours or so, then I thought the game bogged down during the dungeon and castle chapters. I enjoyed the last chapter, which tied the story together nicely.

Everybody reacts differently to voiceovers—but I thought Anna’s voice was too whiny and the way she hesitated so often as she spoke became, well… almost…maybe… infuriating. If she had occasionally laughed at herself, I would have found her more likeable.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I just finished it. This was the first Daedalic game where I didn’t think: Why did I want to play this again? Anna’s Quest gripped me from the beginning, its story is very well thought out and very emotional, and although I too think the graphics and voice acting could be better I still think it’s one of the best adventure games I ever played.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top