• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Autumn AG Challenge Guidelines, Info & Chat

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

So the legend is true, Zobraks is the master of quizzes. Congratulations man, you are the best Thumbs Up Also kudos to Trunkyo and Chrissie for the podium !

Ladies and gentlemen, by the power vested in me by TimovieMan (not really but hopefully he won`t see this post) I declare Lady Kestrel user of the year

Thank you very much Lady K for all your hard work in making this amazing challenge !

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Congratulation to winners - it was fun to watch the fierce battle for the highest place, and the exciting race finish between Zobraks and Trunkyo, the two musketeers. Congratulations to chrissie for giving those boys a run for their money! Sarcastic Thumbs Up

I knew everyone would have a helluva time with the quiz here, as I witnessed it earlier on Mystery Manor. I’m glad so many people joined, and also to see some familiar faces from previous quizzes, and hope to see even more next year (Draclvr I’m looking at you!).

And of course, congratulation to LK for making it possible, even without her trusty companions The Beast and Baby Beasty this time. Tongue The quality and fun of all games didn’t suffer though - they were a real BLAST!

And hey - I WON!! HA! I still managed to win over Zobraks! Take that! TOUCHE! Zobraks, you don’t have a consolation prize, and I do!!!

Sultans of Quiz

You play adventure in the dark,
It’s raining, and you’re stuck, but meantime-
At Adventure Gamers forum you stop and you hold everything
LK is posting quizzie, 5 weeks time
You feel alright when you see the Fall Flips pics
Well now you step inside but you don’t match too many box arts
After Autumn Accolades, the Yard Sale’s up
21, boy that’s Tough!
Uh but the Snakes, they spin you left to right!
Way on Autumn
Way on Autumn
AG Challenge
Check out Trunkyo, he knows-all the Masks
Chrissie she’s strictly Headlines, Phlebas too
DarkEye is hot, Eddyc is here too

When Karlok doesn’t play, Diego’s got his chance

And Zobraks doesn’t mind, if he doesn’t, make mistake
Tim’s got a daytime job, he’s doing alright
Creature Care is scary, to all but Becky and SoccerDude,
Savin’ it up, for Underground
With the Sultans
We’re the Sultans of Quiz

In Other Words, that’s enough synonyms for a year time
Looking at Useful Stuff I think I need a Morphine,
Kurufinwe, Lucien, Skeeter, Izno, Advie and Br missed some rounds
with Abnaxus, Wilco and TechnoSpike
are the Sultans
Yeah the Sultans they play quiz…

And then LK she steps right up to the microphone
And says at last just as the time bell rings
Goodnight, now it’s time to go home
And she makes it fast with one more thing

We are the Sultans
We are the Sultans of Quiz

See you next year! Laughing

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Well done to Zobraks, Trunkyo and Chrissie - impressive performances all, in a decidedly tricky Challenge! (And Chrissie - sorry I didn’t manage to put up more of a fight this year - You hit the podium fair and square though!)
And thanks to LadyK for all her hard work - it’s been an enjoyably taxing few weeks!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Thank you LadyK for a wonderful 5 week competition full of fun. I had a blast Smile Congrats to Zobraks, Trunkyo, and chrissie for the first 3 places, and everyone else who competed in the competition.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Well done to all the winners.

I was sad to not be able to compete most weeks (work has been a B**tch).

Horrayy to LadyK for all her hard work on yet another devious and well run event.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Congratulations zobraks & Trunkyo for the 1st & 2nd placements respectively & your very impressive scores - I’m in awe!!
I’m sitting in 7th heaven at the mo wondering how I ever got to be 3rd competing against notable adversaries Phlebas, TimovieMan & DarkEye & enjoying the ‘victory’ this year but will worry about you guys next time!

Congratulations SoccerDude & diego on winning a consolation prize which I always thought made the MM Tourneys special as you can take part in most of it without being ‘top of the class’ but still have a chance of ‘winning’ just for your interest in participating. 
I absolutely love your ‘poem’ diego BTW & will have the tune of Dire Straits’ Sultans of Swing going around in my head for days now after fitting your lyrics into it!!!

Congratulations Lady kestrel for being the most superb AG quizmaster on the net – yes, a lot of us have presented screenshot quizzes which in themselves are a lot of work but to do that & also think up a series of clever dastardly but consistently very entertaining puzzles to keep us on our toes is something else & I can’t thank you enough for the amount of thought & effort that you have invested to give us these wonderful brainteasers for the last 5 weeks!

I’ve had a ball but I haven’t done much housework for a while! 
Laughing

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

DarkEye - 15 November 2015 07:43 PM

I’ve put a spoiler tag just in case if first placed player decide not to check out final results just yet…

This made me ROFL. Grin

Abnaxus - 15 November 2015 07:45 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, by the power vested in me by TimovieMan (not really but hopefully he won`t see this post) I declare Lady Kestrel user of the year

Power granted if that’s how you’re going to use it. Wink

Thank you, Lady K for the amazing quiz rounds!

diego - 15 November 2015 09:16 PM

Sultans of Quiz

OK, that’s awesome! Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thank you for your kind words, everyone!  I had a good time doing it.

Diego,
I love your parody!

Chrissie,
I had to hire these guys to help me with the cleaning: 

Image Attachments

Dust_Bunnies.jpg

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

This is always the toughest part of Autumn tournaments for me: the final word.

First and most important, I’d like to thank Lady Kestrel for the great job done. My English is not nearly good enough to express my awe of her and her puzzle-making skills. Thank you so much, Lady K!

Congratulations to the people who fought through all ten puzzles of this year’s tournament (Trunkyo, Chrissie, TimovieMan, Phlebas and Becky) and well done to the rest of the players. You’re the only 20 people (at a forum of almost 20 000 registered members) who had enough time, knowledge, courage, will and decency to take part in this labor of love of only one person.

P.S. Thank you all for congratulating me.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2013-03-09

PM

Well done to all the players!  It’s always so exciting to see things come down to the wire.  Having worked with LadyK for many years behind the scenes, I can definitely tell you she is a puzzle maker extraordinaire!  And this year she did it all with no help - well, such as it was from the rest of us who stink at puzzles!

Diego, hopefully, I won’t be sick next year and I will definitely join you!

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

I’m finally back, and late to the party as usual! Congrats to all of the other winners in this inaugural Autumn AG Challenge! Grin It had a great turnout, and the competition was fierce as ever, with Chrissie, Tim and DarkEye keeping things interesting.  As always, the hardest part for me is finding enough time to scour the gaming sites for screenshots and I was almost going to pull out of the Challenge after Week 2. Cry (Besides, with Mr. Relentless No-Lifer zobraks participating I already knew that second or third place would be more realistically achievable.Naughty Tongue)

Many thanks to Lady K for all of her hard work going solo this year creating all of the wordplay wonders and eyeball-straining enigmas, and for her endless generosity. Thumbs Up

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I haven’t heard from Trunkyo yet, but here are the prizes chosen by the other challenge winners:

Due to his dead laptop and an ancient desktop computer, Zobraks chose the DVD Bukowski: Born into This instead of a game.

Chrissie needed a Nancy Drew fix and will be getting the DVD of Nancy Drew: Sea of Darkness.

Diego chose a GOG download of Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned, the only one in the series he hasn’t played yet.

SoccerDude28 asked for and was granted the scary Stasis, another GOG download.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Trunkyo chose downloads of The Adventures of Betram Fiddle and Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes from the Adventure Gamers store.  Unfortunately, they don’t have a button for giving games as gifts, so I’m waiting to hear from customer support as to how to send them on.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 405

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Oops, I missed the end of the quiz! Congratulations to all the winners, and well done to all the players Smile

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I was more than pleasantly surprised today as my DVD arrived accompanied with a beautiful greeting card from Lady K . She’s the bestest and I want to thank her once again for the gorgeous tournament and great prizes.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top