• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordzskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 29 October 2015 01:43 PM

Just found out that the song ‘Dominique’ (which is a minor hit here) is by Anouk. Since when did she start singing in Dutch??? Gasp

Did she? I never heard the song.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 15 November 2015 09:49 PM

It’s got a video clip and everything!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 16 November 2015 02:35 PM
tsa - 15 November 2015 09:49 PM

It’s got a video clip and everything!

Haha een tokkie lied met een tokkie clip.

Sorry, I have no idea how to translate this. I don’t even now if Timoviman understands.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Brilliant clip, by the way Smile

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 16 November 2015 02:47 PM

Sorry, I have no idea how to translate this. I don’t even now if Timoviman understands.

We just use “margie”, short for “marginaal”. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2004-01-28

PM

... ...

(Hi! DIE, THREAD™!)

“I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.”

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 16 November 2015 04:14 PM
tsa - 16 November 2015 02:47 PM

We just use “margie”, short for “marginaal”. Tongue

The “Tokkies” where a family, one of whom was called Hanna Tokkie. The family featured in a real life documentary series. They were poor, dumb, violent and tried to get by. Then Emile ‘Tsjakkaaaa’ Ratelband (he’s an idiot with an enormous ego) stepped in and said that he would make them rich etc. Of course, due to the tokkie’s limited talents this was an impossible job and soon he dropped them like a stone again. Quite heart-breaking actually, but Dutch was enriched by the word ‘tokkie’ thanks to this disaster.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I sawed my finger with the bread knife this morning. Luckily not so deep, but I noticed that it feels a lot different than when you cut yourself with a normal knife.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

One set to go and Scotland oops Great Britain will win the Davis Cup for the first time since 1936.

Sorry Timovieman seems Belgium’s bad month continues.

Go Andy Murray.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

It’s all over. Woooot!!!

Andy has won it.

My Belgian great grandfather would be upset, but well done to the GB team.

Now how do they get that MASSIVE trophy home?

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 29 November 2015 09:15 AM

Sorry Timovieman seems Belgium’s bad month continues.

Murray has been playing some of the best tennis of his life this season, and has greatly improved his gravel play. The only way to beat him is to be Novak Djokovic.

We never stood a chance. I mean, Goffin is good, potentially top 10. But Murray is WAY out of his league now.

And don’t get me started on our recent political decisions. Panicking overreacting idiots.

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Erm, go England?  Grin

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I just came back from there. Go England!

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Did you hear that Britain? Somebody still likes us!

*dances*

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Tad - 17 December 2015 03:19 AM

Did you hear that Britain? Somebody still likes us!

*dances*

I love England. I went for a visit to London this fall for a week for the first time, and the people there are SUPER friendly and nice. Also it wins tons of points in my book that the weather is overcast and cold there without snowing - i.e. the way I like it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top