View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 11:10 PM   #1354
pinkgothic
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Ouff.

About four hours ago, I went to bed and thought my exhaustion would take care of the rest. About three and a half hours ago, I noticed I wasn't going anywhere with that, and felt the compelling urge to get up and sit back down at my computer and write.

So I did. For three hours. Flat. Without any real pause but to think about how to continue. In one go. I don't usually write in a linear fashion, but this time, I did. I created eight and a half pages worth of Arial/10pt-written story. On completion, I felt the nagging urge that I wasn't going to sleep until someone had read it.

Do you honestly think any of my buddies are online at a time I've been online maybe twice in my entire life so far? (=nearly nine in the morning) No? I don't, either. Astonishingly, I found someone, after nearly despairing. That was about five minutes ago, and I'm now nervously waiting for some sort of feedback.

It doesn't really matter what kind of feedback it is, either - I hope for positive, of course, but I just need to know the story was actually read.

It's very strange.

Signs of sleep deprivation, do you think?

Nah.

pinkgothic

It's now 09:10 in the morning. I have rarely been up this late in my lifetime, ever, but nothing was going to get me to stop writing.

Edit - It's now 10:00 in the morning. To my delight, the person I bothered doesn't just accept that I bothered them, but is essentially drooling all over the floor about my story. This has made my day, because I don't think I would have forgiven myself if she'd said, "What sort of shit are you wasting my time with?" Yes, normally I'd feel normally flattered, but my head is mush, so I tick strangely. Normally, I would puff my chest out and giggle proudly. Right now, I'm just glad I didn't waste anyone's time.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™

Last edited by pinkgothic; 07-21-2007 at 12:00 AM.