View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 12:11 AM   #23
AxxMBN
LBA3 Make it Happen

Hello to everyone on Adventure Gamers forums.

Im actually Ahmad Ghourab, the founder and person responsible to posting news on www.twinadv.com, the source of the news your all talking about.

Ive been in contact with Frederick Raynal since 1998, when i picked up a phone and decided to call him, as i was a fan of LBA back then, and wished to know when LBA3 will be made.

I have been waiting patiently since 1997. And since contacting fred in 1998, i maintained contact with him, and eventually went on to talk to a number of others responsible for LBAs creation. E.g. Didier Chanfray, creative director of Adeline (which made lba, today he, along with David Chomard, founded little worlds studio, which will most likely make LBA3 with Frederick Raynal) and Philippe Vachey, who composed lbas music, as well as the sound effects in both LBA1 and 2. There are a number of others, but mentioning them is not relevant for the moment.

Fred is currently setting up a studio, ludoid, as im sure most of you know. You may also know he is presenting several projects to several publishers. You however may not know that, for one, lba was not a failed project, just not as recognised as it should be. LBA1 sold some 650,000 copies, lba2 400,000. Thats not a failure. However, EA cut of funding for advertisment, and lba had problems regarding the name they gave it. It had different names in europe and america (LBA1 was called relentless in america, lba2 was called twinsen's odyssey in america) hence it was confusing for gamers.

LBA3 stands a good chance of being made. Recently i recieved emails from 2 publishers, one german, and one russian. The russian one is the largest publishing company in russia for computer games. He wished to contact fred regarding licensing. The name of the company is Nivoy Disk (english translation, 'New Disk') This after only 2 and a half weeks of the time i published the article.

Also take a look at the interest it generated over the internet, simple type with quote marks around the following "Little Big Adventure 3" in google, look at how many sites reported the news!

However, as LBA fans, we are making a strong campaign to get it noticed, and to make sure publishers choose it. Its called the LBA3 make it happen campaign. I cant say exactly what were doing here, as this is a public forum. I am however letting you know it is ambitious, and progressing heavily. LBA still has a lot of fans, many of which are silent fans, and others who frequent the Magic Ball network forums.

Weve made an alliance with the BG&E forums. Because they, like us, are action-Adventure/Adventure fans, and LBA is a heavywheight, which if successfull, could pull the whole action adventure genre out of the mud. This is a fight not only for LBA3, but for the whole genre, which is being replaced by games that elevate the player to superhero status, whereby he kills 697(i killed that many people in Max Payne) people from the comfort of their homes. That, in my opinion is not what gaming community deserves, atleast for those of you who are old school gamers, like me, and most lba fans.

Im hoping your forum will support us. I cant promise much in exchange except perhaps your forum being mentioned (id actually like it to be mentioned!) in the credits of lba3 (no guarantees), if i can convince fred on the issue. Please support us.

Those of you who wish to do so, join us at the www.magicball.net/forum!

If you have any questions, let me know over here, ill remain active!