• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Ace Attorney 5

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kurufinwe - 13 May 2013 01:13 PM

^ If they sold so well, we’d have had the English version of the second Ace Attorney Investigations years ago.

But they do sell so well…

Which is why I don’t understand why they don’t jump on the localizations. If the first Investigations game sold as much outside Japan as it did in Japan itself, then making a localization of any of the future Ace Attorney game should be like printing money…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

There are two Ace Attorney games that so far have not been localized and don’t seem to be any plans to do so. This series is REALLY popular (at least in Japan) too.

There is another major adventure game/visual novel on the 3DS I’d love to see localized too:

http://shoujikimedia.com/2012/11/26/timetravelers/

I still play my 3DS - Resident Evil: Revelations and Spirit Camera are among my favorite games of all time.

I will buy Ace Attorney 5 the day it gets released. Should be a fun game!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

I’m very happy it has a definite release, but I’m a bit sad I won’t get a box to go with all my others.
I just picked up Miles Edgeworth investigations, since it’s the only Ace Attorney I haven’t played yet. It never got a proper release here.

I’ve used my handheld a lot less after I got the 3DS. Confused
Played until the last gym leader in Pokemon White, but that’s the only game I’ve played the last few years, and I don’t own a single 3DS game (the 3D gives me a headache, so I won’t buy just for the 3D effects). I think my issue is with the weight and sharp edges, plus the much lower battery capacity. I can’t play it in bed for several hours and then pick it up and play around the house.
Bought a silicon case for it so it will hopefully be more comfortable to use (the small legs keep making punch marks on my thighs), but I can’t do anything about the weight. Frown

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Goddamnit nintendo. You want to do digital only releases for big name games? Im fine with that, just make an account system. Theres no excuse for their archaic digital model. Im not going to buy a bunch of digital games from them when theres no assurance you can redownload it if you lose your system.
But alas, nintendo will continue to get away with this because a large % of their audience cant understand what this means.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Download games are good and bad:

Good - I waited to buy Ace Attorney 3 until it went out of print and had to pay $60 dollars for a used copy. Downloads are always in print.

Bad - I bought a collector’s edition of Ace Attorney 2 when it was first released. This game is in mint condition and is worth more today than when I bought it.

Now if we get Ace Attorney 5 at a discount…...that would help.

This is also the case with the first FPS game to be released for the system - download only…..

Download is OK - but I’d rather get a collector’s edition myself.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

I begrudgingly bought the digital version of Fire Emblem: Awakening for 3DS because it was out of stock at the shops, but I’m totally with Zane. Also, the fact that Fire Emblem cost an extra $5 digitally is absurd.

It won’t stop me buying Phoenix Wright 5, but if my 3DS ever dies and I can’t retrieve my purchases, I won’t be buying a Nintendo handheld again.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just went over to the Nintendo eshop and there where 3 adventure games for sale released in 2013 and one more coming. So - if you don’t mind a digital download the 3DS has some interesting adventure game releases for 2013.

This one is $7.99 and looks really interesting:

THE STARSHIP DAMREY.

Another is rated “M” (Jack the Ripper) so - after I get caught up on all the VITA and PC adventure games my 3DS is back in business - YEA!

Heart

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

These animations , man i need to get 3DS!

16 MINUTE english demo, E3 2013

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Now that the VITA has tons of adventure games - the genre is very solid today and has a bright future.

There is EVEN a VITA Walking Dead Limited Edition coming out!

For the PS3 - which also has TONS of adventure games - Beyond:Two Souls will sell millions of copies.

For $249 - you can have any of these systems and each one is fabulous. Digital games on the 3DS are OK, I just want a discount on the physical game price.

The 3DS Wright game looks to play exactly like the DS ones, but has MUCH BETTER graphics -

For those who want to see more of this lovely game - here you go:

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

First M-Rated Phoenix Wright.

Probably means nothing in the tone of the game. Probably some crimes are more violent which gave it a new rating, although the past games were already dark/violent in some points.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

WoW! I’ve heard that a physical release has not been completely ruled out.

I hope so, this game has collectible written all over it.

Heart

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Pirate DLC announced:

News story

Pirate Orca!

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

This warmed my heart. The creator of Bayonetta, Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe speaking truth to power.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

WoW this game is the number 1 selling game when released in Japan, the latest sequel to the courtroom adventure game sold 250,216 units in its debut week:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/new-ace-attorney-sequel-and-dragons-crown-top-debut-sellers-in-japan-6412342

Warms my heart to see adventure games sell in droves and be the number one selling game.

This game is also rated ‘M’ - a first for the series.

“Beyond: Two Souls” - an adventure game on the PS3 should see sales numbers like this as well.

Heart

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney coming to the US in 2014, also to Euro early 2014 Smile

3DS 1up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top