• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Ace Attorney 5

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Phoenix is the main character I think, Apollo should be the back-up but with these games we can’t ever be sure Smile but, you’re right, whatever it is a new Ace attorney is always good!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

More details :

New character: Kizuki Kokone

“Capcom Japan has revealed details about Phoenix Wright’s new companion Kizuki Kokone, who has the special talent of being able to tell when people are lying by listening to their heartbeats”

It’s a human lie detector!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I actually have 150 PC adventure games. Around 2007, PC games in my area at the retail level became almost impossible to find.

At that time I got a DS and was amazed by how fun the adventure games were on it. Coming in late, I had to buy quite a few games that had been released on the DS earlier.

“Another Code” was simply amazing for its graphics - it was a ‘WoW’ game for me.

To get a copy of “Ace Attorney” I paid $45 dollars for a first printing of the game in mint condition.

Great game, I have the whole series. Sadly, I don’t have Ace attorney 5 yet, I can’t wait for the North American release.

The game looks fantastic:

All my old DS Adventure games play slightly better on my 3DS so I’m very happy. Since the 3DS is very popular we’ll see lots of games like this one released on it.

I’m actually playing a PC adventure game today - after many years and it’s fabulous - “The Longest Journey” so I’m going to replay all my PC adventure games again.

I do hope Ace Attorney VS Layton see a North American release also!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Box cover

Release date in Japan is 7/25.

No news for west yet, I think. The recent Nintendo Direct didn’t mention it or the Layton x Phoenix Wright game so probably not this year. They did announce the the 6th Layton will be coming this year.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Let’s hope Capcom realizes that these games WILL sell outside Japan, and that even 100K copies sold (which would be about a third of what Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations sold outside Japan) will more than make up for the localization costs…

I want my Ace Attorney fix… Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

According to this - http://kotaku.com/5940820/report-ace-attorney-5-is-coming-to-the-west - it is scheduled to release in Europe & the US

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Siddhi - 18 April 2013 09:23 AM

According to this - http://kotaku.com/5940820/report-ace-attorney-5-is-coming-to-the-west - it is scheduled to release in Europe & the US

I don’t doubt that’s it’s coming, the problem is when…

TimovieMan - 18 April 2013 06:38 AM

I want my Ace Attorney fix… Grin

I know what you mean… It’s been way too long!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I loved Ace Attorney 3 - I do have all of them. A 3DS version of an Ace Attorney game should look very nice.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Western release confirmed for this Autumn/Fall! Download only, which is fine.

What about Layton vs. Ace Attorney? Are the two going to be released around the same time, to maximize publicity?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Was watching the trailer, great that it’s coming this year!
The download only doesn’t bother me and if it means faster localization I’m all for it.

I think Level 5 is in charge of layton vs ace attorney and they usually take their time with localizations… layton 6 seems to be the game for this year.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Download only? Wut?

Good thing I’ve got a big SD card… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TimovieMan - 13 May 2013 12:37 PM

Download only? Wut?

Adventure games are a niche genre, haven’t you heard? Tongue Going download-only decreases the production costs and allows them to keep selling the game over time rather than have to fight for shelf space. If it makes some niche games more commercially viable and therefore more likely to get released in the West, I’m all for it.

(I don’t think I’ve bought a physical PC game in years. Long live downloadable games.)

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Yeah, but this is a handheld console game. “Download only” for console games still makes me blink a few times…

Btw, this’ll easily sell 300K copies outside of Japan. What is this ‘niche’ of which you speak??? Tongue

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

^ If they sold so well, we’d have had the English version of the second Ace Attorney Investigations years ago.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 13 May 2013 12:56 PM

Yeah, but this is a handheld console game. “Download only” for console games still makes me blink a few times…

Btw, this’ll easily sell 300K copies outside of Japan. What is this ‘niche’ of which you speak??? Tongue

I think it’s still kind of niche and with 3DS not performing very well in he west things could get tricky to localizations of some games and digital-only could be a great way of them saving costs.

But you should be blink in console download games but only in Nintendo consoles, I think, and it’s stupid console-based and not account-based backwards online service…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top