• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Voice Quiz’t ][  .. [Ended]

Total Posts: 5588

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Caliburn - 30 March 2015 09:00 PM
TimovieMan - 30 March 2015 05:04 PM

As usual, I recognize so few voices. No doubt I’ll score poorly. Again. Meh

—he says, while racking up a highly respectable score. Wink

I noticed that. Grin

Thanks, Advie, for offering a path forward. And thanks, Lady Kestrel, for taking on Round 2 of the quiz. Both your efforts are much appreciated and I am glad we can end this on a happier note. Smile

It’s too good a quiz to get sidelined.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Caliburn - 30 March 2015 09:00 PM

—he says, while racking up a highly respectable score. Wink

Grin

In my defense, I said that before I *really* paid attention to the clips (and tried to do a little “let’s play”-diving for confirmation). At that point, I’d recognized a mere 1 out of 20 and only had good hunches about 2 others.
Plus I got a respectable 5 points out of the first round (with thanks to Karlok and Advie for one of those points), that adds up as well.

I don’t think I’ll find any more now, so you can all catch up… Wink

Lady Kestrel - 30 March 2015 11:05 PM

It’s too good a quiz to get sidelined.

Indeed!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Well, I didn’t get picked to serve on a jury today, so my service is over for another 3 years.  Last time I was a juror for a criminal case which lasted 3 weeks, so I got off lightly this time.

Anyway, I’ll be around if you feel inspired to guess any more clips.  Izno added several points to his score today.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

how fair and honest anyone could be, to be at that kinda of position, Angel?
———-
tomorrow would be my last day with internet access for a while, means; i will not be around to see how this quiz going end up to/for Frown .
good luck guys.

Uh and… Zane (winner of the 1st round) are you there?  Meh

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Advie - 31 March 2015 12:55 PM

how fair and honest anyone could be, to be at that kinda of position, Angel?

Here in the US, we are guaranteed the right of trial by a jury of our peers, and potential jurors are chosen at random from tax and driver’s license records and summoned to appear at the county (or state) court house.  Today there were two civil cases being heard.  The first jury was selected before they got to my number, and the second case was settled between the parties without a trial.  Jury selection can be a slow process, but it’s a necessary one in our judicial system.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This is just a reminder that the quiz will end tomorrow (April 3) at 12:00 midnight GMT, so get your answers to me as soon as you can.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

ah good its back, i have submitted my try Smile
the 2nd round was not easy!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

And Zane just sneaked past Timovieman to take over the lead.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The voice quiz has now ended.  Congratulations to Zane for his excellent first place score of 17, and to Timovieman and Caliburn for placing second and third respectively.

The answers have been posted on page one.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

thanks advie and lady kestrel. Fun quiz and great variety of voices Smile

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Such a great quiz, I had a lot of fun playing it and I`m happy with my 4th place Nerd . A big thanks to Advie and Lady Kestrel for their work !

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

O.M.G. I SUCK AT THIS!

Seeing the answers there are sooooo many I should have recognized, especially no. 49. I not only recognized the voice, but I also knew the actual quote from somewhere, but I was just never able to pinpoint exactly where I knew it from - And it haven’t even been more than a few weeks since I played it

Thank to Advie for creating this quiz, and thanks to Lady K for taking over. Despite my poor voice recognition skills I had great fun with this.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Iznogood - 04 April 2015 12:02 PM

Seeing the answers there are sooooo many I should have recognized, especially no. 49.

49 is in fact the same voice actor as the main character in blackguards… so that was driving me crazy because hes doing the same voice in both cases Tongue

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Congratulations Zane on such an impressive score & also to runners-up TimovieMan & Caliburn not too far behind!

I found it to be a very enjoyable but tough quiz when I joined in so thank you Advie for presenting it - do you find the voice-quizzes harder work than screenshot ones?

Last but not least big thanks to you Lady Kestrel for being so kind-hearted & seeing the quiz through to conclusion - yes! it was far too good to be abandoned! 

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I did a lot better than usual, so the silver medal is a massive victory for me. Cool

Congrats to zane for winning both rounds! Thumbs Up

And a big thank you to Advie for making the quiz with a great set of diverse voice samples, and of course to Lady Kestrel for seeing it through to the end!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top