• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #32: Toonstruck

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve found Ray.
The psycho clown is an hilarious character, there’s a reason he was given the cover of the game in some versions. Smile Exhausting the nonsense dialogue between him and Drew is a must.
Voice acting continues to be top notch, it’s hard to think of an adventure game with better voices.

I think the book puzzle has a problem. The first one I used was registering wrong but I’m not sure what was against the rules. Ended trying another answer that worked.

I liked must of the puzzles in the chapter but opening the clown door was really boring… A classic puzzle, but a boring one

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 23 March 2015 12:47 PM

I liked must of the puzzles in the chapter but opening the clown door was really boring… A classic puzzle, but a boring one

Yeah, it was probably meant to be annoying as the person behind the closed door. Grin Especially when you pull the ear and have to wait couple of seconds, while you’re concentrated and focused on quickly repeating the sequence.

Karlok - 22 March 2015 10:47 PM

I checked the German version at youtube. I wouldn’t dare say anything about the Swiss accent, but the Dutch part is more a matter of inserting lots of Dutch words. Cool For example: mattenklopper instead of the German word Teppichklopfer (carpet beater). And niet te geloven instead of unglaublich (incredible).

Hehe, thanks, good to know! So, do you know of any German that speaks with a Swiss-Dutch accent? Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I also got to Ray. Finally Dough and Mee will be happy now Grin

wilco - 23 March 2015 12:47 PM

I think the book puzzle has a problem. The first one I used was registering wrong but I’m not sure what was against the rules. Ended trying another answer that worked.

Yeah I had the same problem. I had a solution that I am reallllllly sure works with all the hints dropped, but it didn’t work. The hints were not clear enough, and could be interpreted in more than one way. I still love this puzzle though. It feels very different to the regular inventory ones.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’m behind having only picked it up today, but I’m already up to the wolf’s lair. Which is pretty good progress, if I do say so myself!

SoccerDude28 - 12 March 2015 12:24 AM

Wow this game is oozing hilarity. I have no idea what was wrong with me when I played a few minutes of it 6 months ago and put it down. I guess I was just not in the mood for a comedy at the time, but man was I wrong. The characters are very funny and very well voiced. And the production value for a game in the 90’s is at the level of Day of the Tentacle, and that is a HUGE compliment.

It’s amazing how much our tastes can change isn’t it? I felt the same way as you playing Toonstruck years ago, but now I pick it up and it’s a lot of fun. I wonder how I ever found it unfunny and frustrating.

QUESTION: How long is the evil clown in the game? I have a clown phobia and if it’s only one dialogue then I thought I could skip it and continue, but it’s longer then I might have to get a save from someone.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I see why this game is named “ToonSTRUCK,” as there’s a lot of striking, bopping, and smacking going on. I chuckled at Drew’s routine as he prepared for the attempt with the strengthometer in order to get past the Stud Muffin level.

But my favorite bit of business so far was the early Do Re Me sequence with the three day bakers. I hope to see them again when the middle returns.

I have the alcoholic beverage (of sorts) requested by BB Wolf and am about to see what he makes of it.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

diego - 23 March 2015 01:42 PM

Yeah, it was probably meant to be annoying as the person behind the closed door. Grin Especially when you pull the ear and have to wait couple of seconds, while you’re concentrated and focused on quickly repeating the sequence.

You can take your time repeating the sequence.  Although it wasn’t that difficult, I took the time to draw a clown’s head and number the parts as I went along.  Also, my dogs interrupted me to go out just as I was about to repeat one of the later rounds, and I was still able to complete it after several minutes of being away from the computer. 

I do wish the mynah bird had been a bit more forthcoming with it’s information.  Also, I think it must have been spending too much time with a parrot.

I haven’t found Ray yet.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 27 March 2015 10:22 PM

I haven’t found Ray yet.

Oh man, Mee and Dough are really sad now Frown

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Wow!  It really took me a long time to figure out how to get into the armory, but I finally found Ray.  In the meantime, I also got locked up again, wrecked the study, froze and boiled the fish, helped the clown relax, climbed the walls, and watched an ice skating exhibition.  This is one crazy and big game!

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Is it time to start the next part, diego?

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sorry for the delay, your goal now is to prevent:

and finish the game, and since I’m glad to see many people are catching up, I’m giving you 10 days to do so! (The Malevolands denizens list coming soon!)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I am stuck again Frown I cannot get rid of the 2 crocodiles guarding the 3rd floor. Every time I get to the bathroom using my fly suit, and open the door, they come for me and throw me in jail. Any hints please?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 31 March 2015 09:24 PM

I am stuck again Frown I cannot get rid of the 2 crocodiles guarding the 3rd floor. Every time I get to the bathroom using my fly suit, and open the door, they come for me and throw me in jail. Any hints please?

Clue 1 . Bathroom Sink

Clue 2 . Water in floor

Clue 3 . Messing with temperature

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished the game. Where is the sequel now?!? Frown Kickstart it or something…

Some highlights of the ending part:

- Drew getting hypnotized. Great commitment (and dancing) by Christopher Lloyd
- Crocodile handbags
- Multiple steps to getting the sunglasses Smile

Ending cutscene felt kind of rushed, that cutscene in the middle was a lot longer I think.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 31 March 2015 09:34 PM
SoccerDude28 - 31 March 2015 09:24 PM

Clue 1 . Bathroom Sink

Clue 2 . Water in floor

Clue 3 . Messing with temperature

I finally got it. My biggest pet peeve in adventure games-pixel hunting Pan I played with the temperature gauge like 10 times, and opened and closed the bathroom sink taps. I did not notice that there was a tiny spot that had the sink plug in it. Once I saw that, the puzzle was a piece of cake. Very nice figure skating act Grin

Wish there was a button to show all hotspots like The Whispering World and Simon the Sorcerer had.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

By the way I really really love: How every time I got thrown in jail, I had to use a different technique to get out. It’s such a small touch, but it shows the level of polish this game had.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top