• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quarterfinal 3 - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Had to think on this one… As much as it pains me… Grim Fandango.

Sorry Revolution.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Broken Sword is decent, but imo WAY overrated. No way that it gets my vote against Grim Fandango, one of the best games of all time…

Grim Fandango!!!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

- Grim Fandango

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Grim Fandango is a great game, but it’s got to be Broken Sword that get’s my vote. I love everything about Broken Sword from the juxtaposition of the serious real world investigative story with the humour of the overblown caricatures of the NPC’s, to the voice acting, sound track, setting, puzzles - just the lot really.

Along with GK, it is one of the games from the early/mid 90’s that particularly stood out to me as being an adult game, i.e. mature and developed story in a real life setting. For my personal preference that is the best sort of AG and Broken Sword 1 is an excellent example of it.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

This is the first tight one for me. The deciding factor for me is the fact that I didn’t like GF’s interface. Hoping the new release takes that problem away but, for the here and now:

Broken Sword

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars
Yes, Grim is a unique game that features unique themes, and it will probably win. But Broken Sword has a special place in my heart, with Paris in the fall, Irish pub and a clown’s nose.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Grim Fandango

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Although I love Broken Sword, it has to be Grim Fandango.

(For me it would have been a MUCH tougher decision if it was GF vs BS2.)

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

Broken Sword has such charm to it, and it’s locations, and I love the detail of the art. Yet it’s impressions it have left on me have mostly been forgotten. Whereas Grim, I have so many memories and connections to it.

Grim Fandango

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

Very tough choice for me - the question is how much I mark GF down for it’s control mechanism. Broken Sword is a very fun game and I like the artwork a lot, but it doesn’t have that originality which marks Grim out as something unique. Think it’s gotta be:

Grim Fandango

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

As has been said many times (many ways), Grim Fandango, easily.

Intense Degree - 27 January 2015 04:48 AM

Grim Fandango is a great game, but it’s got to be Broken Sword that get’s my vote. I love everything about Broken Sword from the juxtaposition of the serious real world investigative story with the humour of the overblown caricatures of the NPC’s ...

This is one of the things that irks me most about the game. In my opinion it just makes neither of these aspects really work well and feel a little bit… sloppy is not the right word, but just… I dunno, I can’t think of a good word (I know there is one). They’re conflicting with each other and neither can be really developed properly. Though, in general, caricaturized characters very rarely work in general, in my opinion.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Grim Fandango

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Both games are AG Top 5 material (and they both are in the AG Top 100 Top 5 list Neutral )

I’ll be judging the original Grim Fandango, so with the horrid controls, so my preference shifts to Broken Sword as the overall better game.

So Broken Sword it is.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

Grim Fandango
...obviously. The only thing speaking against it, is the risk of having to decide between Grim and GK in the next round!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top