• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quarterfinal 2 - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

lucasarts with its 7-10 epic (and less than 20 all in al)  AGs will always rule the history and the present of the genre whilst Sierra with its 60-80 AGs (developed or published)  will always come 2nd or even last.. i never got it.

anyways , let’s get this over with:
DotT..

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

zane - 25 January 2015 07:30 PM

i dont think so, its something like “Unable to receive your submission at this time”
And i just tested… if i try to make another post in this thread that just says “pandora directive” it doesnt let me post it every time.

I mention that one in the thread diego linked to.
You can circumvent that error by posting a single letter and then editing your post to what you originally wanted it to say…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Not that it matters in the slightest but.. isn’t this a semi-final? If it were a quarter-final shouldn’t there be 4 contests?

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Zifnab - 25 January 2015 10:17 PM

Not that it matters in the slightest but.. isn’t this a semi-final? If it were a quarter-final there would be four contests.

There will be two more QF matches opened tonight, when the second half of R16 threads are closed   Wink

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Sorry TLJ, I have to go with Day Of The Tentacle. It just did so many things right, from game design/mechanics to writing to graphics and animation, it has to win this one.

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

DOTT for me.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

DOTT is a really really good game, but for some reason it never really clicked with me as much as I wanted it to.  I guess it’s because I’m a sucker for a good story, and the story is probably the weakest part of DOTT.

The Longest Journey takes a while to get into, but once you do it leaves a mark on you for good.  Even though the story and characters may be the only thing it really does better than DOTT, that’s enough to sway things in its favor for me.

My vote - The Longest Journey

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I never really managed to get into TLJ, I just couldn’t get through the mountains of dialogue. Therefore it’s got to be DOTT

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The Longest Journey!

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Day of the Tentacle, and it’s not even close for me.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I hope it’s okay to mention here but Karlok & I started an AGSotD Special for the final 8 & the 1st game presented on the thread was DotT yesterday.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Oh B*%%^R!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

The Longest Journey